BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   how to use jl_cmnder (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=86389)

maish 07-17-2007 04:26 PM

how to use jl_cmnder

I am in the process of attempting a wipe and restore

i loaded jl_cmder to my computer - duirng load I see a quick screen loading the software

how do I use jl_cmder - is it windows based or dos

thanx

John Clark 07-17-2007 04:45 PM

It runs in windows but is a dos based program.

magnaman 07-17-2007 04:50 PM

here.......check this out

I had to do mine yesterday......hope this helps

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

maish 07-18-2007 05:57 AM

thanx for your help

John clark esp[ecially

used jl-cmder to wipe , reloaded native firmware ( t -mobile) and my earpiece problems were solved

I guess all the problems people are reporting is software not hardware

I wonder why t-mobile is so quick to exchnage

zakupka 12-15-2007 05:15 AM

Hi there, how do I install Jl Cmder with Windows Vista? I tried installing by clicking on the link and it appears as a white icon on my dektop. When I double click it, it says: "The specified path does not exist" ? Please help. I can't seem to find that link which explains on how to install it and alter a couple of items in the registry.

It worked great with XP. Just got a new computer and can't get it goin with Vista. Please help as I need this program ASAP. Thanks!

GQBalla 02-16-2008 04:54 PM

sorry i know this is a old thread but i was also having the same problem with vista ultimate.

what you do is right click the exe file and than you click compatibility > check the box in run this program in compatibility mode for > and select windows xp service pack 2. i also clicked run this program as administrator too. dont think that last part will matter though

frank2006 09-30-2008 04:29 AM

cool thank for tip, i right click on exe and run as administrator. it worked! =)

maish 10-13-2008 06:12 AM

well I started this thread a year ago and it seems as if I need info again

based upon the instructions provided in the readme file I unzipped all the JL-cmder files into a sytem32/ directory

afterwards tried running the file called wipe.bat

a dos box opens and i receive teh message "connecting to device.....

THEN I receive ERROR : unable to open port

I tried switching connections to a different USB port on the computer but this did not help

any ideas ?

Thanx
Michael

kidhertz 10-17-2008 04:31 PM

This does not work for me , is it because I have a vista 64 system?

willip57 10-20-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maish (Post 1134482)
well I started this thread a year ago and it seems as if I need info again

based upon the instructions provided in the readme file I unzipped all the JL-cmder files into a sytem32/ directory

afterwards tried running the file called wipe.bat

a dos box opens and i receive teh message "connecting to device.....

THEN I receive ERROR : unable to open port

I tried switching connections to a different USB port on the computer but this did not help

any ideas ?

Thanx
Michael

I have this same problem, can someone explain how to connect to the device using this software. I am getting the same error cannot open port.

:?

d_fisher 10-20-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willip57 (Post 1142286)
I have this same problem, can someone explain how to connect to the device using this software. I am getting the same error cannot open port.

:?

If you haven't installed it already you need either BlackBerry Desktop Manager or BlackBerry USB and Modem drivers installed.

terrytwn 10-22-2008 01:27 AM

d_fisher

Great program! I've used it on my 8707g before when I had major problems and it resolved it. However, now when I connect it to my 9000, actually, when I run the program after the initial screen, I get nothing but a blank DOS screen. I've let it run for a long while and it still doesn't do anything. Don't know what is wrong. is it the install (latest version) or is it something to do with my computer or ports?

Please help! Thank you.

John Clark 10-22-2008 04:51 PM

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Have you downloaded and installed the latest version? It was just recently updated for OS 4.6 and higher.

terrytwn 10-22-2008 07:45 PM

Yes, I think what I have is the latest version. I believe i have v 1.9.1

swikid 11-25-2008 11:20 PM

i am unable to run the program can anybody shed some light. i double click and it asks me to install to my computer but then it disappears

keownk1 11-26-2008 02:10 AM

I'm brand new to this forum.

In trying to learn more about BlackBerries, I found links to the Jl_cmder program, which I wanted to use on my Vista Ultimate machine. However, until coming upon this thread, I was frustrated by the problems noted above.

After reading this thread, I can describe what worked for me.

1) Download the latest Jl_cmder file from one of the links in this forum.
2) Right clik the file Jl_cmder v1.9.1. Choose extract files and create a new folder. Click "Ok."
3) Right click the file Jl_cmder v1.9.1.exe in the folder created in step 1.
4) Click Properties. Open the compatibility tab and check "Run in compatibility mode Windows XP." Click "Apply." Click "OK."
5) You will see a brief flash evedently corresponding to a DOS window.
6) Go to your desktop and right click the Jl_cmder icon.
7) Click the Properties option. Open the compatibilty tab and check "Run in compatibility mode, Windows XP." Click "Apply." Click "OK." [Doing this once suffices.]

This will produce a DOS-like window with credits to the author, Mr. Doug Fisher and instructions to press any window to continue. Connect your BlackBerry device. Press any key, then follow instructions in the ensuing sequence of windows.

Perhaps these instructions have been posted elsewhere, but I have not found any such citations.

Kenneth

KtownAudi 01-05-2009 06:31 PM

How long does it usually take JL_cmder to connect to the device ?