BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Bluetooth Connection (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Blackberry Bridge (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=263858)

therock003 03-23-2013 07:10 AM

Blackberry Bridge

How can i use my old Blackberry Bold 9000 to act as Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse for my Computer? I googled and came up with some news of BlackBerry Bridge allowing something like that, but how can i do this specifically?

NJBlackBerry 03-23-2013 07:21 AM

Re: Blackberry Bridge

BlackBerry Bridge allows you to link the BlackBerry Playbook to your BlackBerry.

shootsscores 03-23-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therock003 (Post 1800967)
How can i use my old Blackberry Bold 9000 to act as Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse for my Computer? I googled and came up with some news of BlackBerry Bridge allowing something like that, but how can i do this specifically?

Download the bridge app from BB world then download "Splashtop" ($5?) which is a remote desktop viewer for PlayBook. Then use your Bold to remotely control your PlayBook which remotely controls your computer.

therock003 03-23-2013 08:20 AM

I thought Bridge allowed for any BB device to act as bluetooth keyb to any system. Is this information correct?

NJBlackBerry 03-23-2013 09:25 AM

That is incorrect.

About BlackBerry Bridge - User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0

therock003 03-23-2013 06:53 PM

I have seen some way around it but for some reason the poster said you have to use quicklaunch to run Bridge and i dont have it.

daphne 03-24-2013 02:05 PM

I think someone has posted incorrect info, where ever you read that.

therock003 03-24-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1801037)
I think someone has posted incorrect info, where ever you read that.

This is where i read it. Can you make anything of it?

Quote:

I also do not have a Playbook, but I found a way around this:

1. Using a program such as QuickLaunch, add an application entry and choose 'net_rim_bb_remote_control_app' as the program to launch.

2. Turn on bluetooth and pair with the device you wish to remote control.

3. Launch your new shortcut, you will receive the message stating that 'No paired blackberry playbook was found', you should see the bluetooth name of the remote device in the upper right-hand corner. Don't click OK, but press the escape / back button instead. You will receive a message asking if you wish to disconnect from whichever device, select 'cancel' and remote control should then work!

I've tried this successfully with an Android 3.2 tablet and a Windows 7 PC, the Android tablet worked fine over and over again, however, I found the Windows 7 PC to be finicky. The key is to check the top right hand corner of the remote control display to see if the device is connected before continuing.

Russ.

NJBlackBerry 03-24-2013 04:16 PM

That's for a Playbook, the BlackBerry Tablet. Not for a BlackBerry Bold 9000.
There is no way to get your Bold to act as a Bluetooth keyboard.

therock003 03-24-2013 04:55 PM

Did you read the quote?

Quote:

I also do not have a Playbook, but I found a way around this....

NJBlackBerry 03-24-2013 05:11 PM

I READ THE QUOTE.
You aren't listening. Perhaps you should ask over at the other forum for help on doing something that can't be done.