BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Address Book Wireless Synchronization Not Available (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=219312)

BB_Support_Guy 02-10-2010 12:51 PM

Address Book Wireless Synchronization Not Available

I have a BB Curve 8310. Had some Enterprise Activation issues (activation would fail after retrying) with this user so I replaced the BB and deleted, then re-added user to BES. Enterprise Activation completed successfully, but now the Address Book is empty. Wireless Synchronization is set to Not Available, and it doesn't give me the option to turn on/off.

I've resent the Service Books, did a hard reset (take battery out), wiped BB 2x and re-activated, verified BES account Wireless Sync is set to true and enabled on BB. Not sure what else to do.

Our mail server is Domino, client Lotus Notes. Blackberry Manager 4.1.6.9.

Any info would be great!

Thank you!

messman24 02-16-2010 11:30 AM

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue, I am having the same thing We we never had in house email, 65 users had blackberrys, we Added Lotus Domino and BES, we would like to get the contacts from the existing phone to Domino,

the address book options show the Wireless sync as Not available, if i delete the service book (sync) it show yes until the bes re activates, BES is set to do wireless sync not sure the issue, If you have any ideas please let me know

CCMIT 02-22-2010 12:22 PM

The following helped me out.

1. From your Blackberry, go to Options>Advanced Options>Enterprise Activation.

2. In the email field, press and hold the ALT key and type CNFG. Once you enter this a hidden menu should appear.

3. Change the "Wireless Sync" option to No and exit the menu.

4. Wait 30 seconds and repeat step 2.

5. Change the "Wireless Sync" option to Yes and exit the menu.

My BB showed "Not Available" for wireless Address Book sync and I found it was turned off in the CNFG screen. Once I turned it on everything was good.

lz1fb7 03-01-2010 01:09 AM

thanks for your help

thanks to CCMIT for your answer to a very vexing problem. My user's 9000 BBerry device is now showing "yes" in the Address Book | Options for Contact List properties - wireless synch. Much appreciated.

GSragtop 04-07-2010 10:17 AM

I am having a simular issue, however in my case I have two addressbooks listed under the option link of the contacts menu. When I open the options, I have a "desk top" link with 43 contacts, and an "unknown" list with over 300.. The issue I have is that my outlook only shows the 43 contacts.. The "desk top" link has a yes and no next to the wireless configuation, but the "unknown" list with the majority of my contacts shows "unavailible" under wireless configuration. I have tried to sync up using the desk top MGR, and even tryed changing out blackberrys. Nothing seems to work.. Any ideas?

ashrafxx 08-12-2010 12:45 AM

You 're a star

Thanks man, you saveed me heaps of time.You 're a star. :idea:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CCMIT (Post 1569378)
The following helped me out.

1. From your Blackberry, go to Options>Advanced Options>Enterprise Activation.

2. In the email field, press and hold the ALT key and type CNFG. Once you enter this a hidden menu should appear.

3. Change the "Wireless Sync" option to No and exit the menu.

4. Wait 30 seconds and repeat step 2.

5. Change the "Wireless Sync" option to Yes and exit the menu.

My BB showed "Not Available" for wireless Address Book sync and I found it was turned off in the CNFG screen. Once I turned it on everything was good.

xkon 10-01-2010 10:12 AM

GREAT tip. Thanks, solved my issue as well!!

Nextel User 11-04-2010 01:38 PM

my 9650 on BIS has no enterprise activation settings. how do i fix this issue?