BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Open Letter To Rim (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=248744)

cherkewich 05-12-2011 05:11 PM

Open Letter To Rim

After having my second RIM device (bold 9700)in less than 2 years, I have switched to Android. I can't express how disappointed in RIM I really am. I was in the market for a new phone after only ~12 months with my bold 9700. It was simply not able to do many things other smartphones can. On a software side, RIM is way behind Android and iOS. BB6 to android 2.2 is like going from DOS to Win7. On a hardware side of things comparing the torch's abismal 624 MHz processor to my Atrix dual core 1GHz processor, things become apparent. RIM is no longer a viable option. I do try to support Canadian companies when possible, however RIM has not made that possible. I fear that if RIM does not completely re-invent itself within the next 12 months it will find itself at the unemployment line behind Nortel. Hopefully in the future RIM can make a product worth purchasing, and at that point I MAY return. This is hard to say but.....it's not you, it's me.....wait.... NO.... it's you...... I am currently seeing someone else, GOODBYE!

rambo47 05-12-2011 05:13 PM

Re: Open Letter To Rim

Wow. You registered just to post your little rant?? Feel better?

Dubdub 05-12-2011 05:13 PM

Looks like a Rant to me.

And to the OP, you do know that we are in no way connected to RIM or Blackberry other than being BB aficionados and enthusiasts?

NJBlackBerry 05-12-2011 05:20 PM

Wow.

cherkewich 05-12-2011 05:22 PM

Dubdub, I know that you are not connected to RIM. I gave them my feedback in the beta program.

No rant, just fact.

Just seems to me that a CEO should have been focusing more on his company than trying to buy and move a hockey team. RIM stock prior to attempted purchase ~$85, current stock price ~$42.

NJBlackBerry 05-12-2011 05:27 PM

Do you feel better now?
Seriously...
It's a rant.
It's your opinion.

cherkewich 05-12-2011 05:43 PM

NJBlackberry,
Thank you, the fact that you feel my opinion is in fact, fact, does make me, in fact, feel better.
Factually yours....

aiharkness 05-12-2011 06:15 PM

What is so hard to understand? (1)Blackberrys are different. And (2) BlackBerrys are not for everyone.

The BlackBerry is a purpose-built device for users with a particular focus and certain priorities. If you don't like it, fine. The device isn't for you.

Use what works best for you, and don't whine about what didn't work for you.

Geeze.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

fourstringfuror 05-12-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherkewich (Post 1720945)
After having my second RIM device (bold 9700)in less than 2 years, I have switched to Android. I can't express how disappointed in RIM I really am. I was in the market for a new phone after only ~12 months with my bold 9700. It was simply not able to do many things other smartphones can. On a software side, RIM is way behind Android and iOS. BB6 to android 2.2 is like going from DOS to Win7. On a hardware side of things comparing the torch's abismal 624 MHz processor to my Atrix dual core 1GHz processor, things become apparent. RIM is no longer a viable option. I do try to support Canadian companies when possible, however RIM has not made that possible. I fear that if RIM does not completely re-invent itself within the next 12 months it will find itself at the unemployment line behind Nortel. Hopefully in the future RIM can make a product worth purchasing, and at that point I MAY return. This is hard to say but.....it's not you, it's me.....wait.... NO.... it's you...... I am currently seeing someone else, GOODBYE!

OK.

cherkewich 05-12-2011 06:43 PM

aiharkness,

Good point, my bad. If you need to drive to work, why buy a Porsche when you can buy a rubber chicken.

fourstringfuror 05-12-2011 06:48 PM

You might want to update your profile, since you no longer have a 9700.

cherkewich 05-12-2011 06:52 PM

fourstringfuror,

Thanks for the tip but I am actually going to hang on to the 9700. I need something to keep my loose papers from blowing away.

fourstringfuror 05-12-2011 06:57 PM

Sounds good.

aiharkness 05-12-2011 08:17 PM

Another silly new member.

Geeze. Whatever.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

nobody7290 05-14-2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherkewich (Post 1720972)
fourstringfuror,

Thanks for the tip but I am actually going to hang on to the 9700. I need something to keep my loose papers from blowing away.

just curious:
What did you actually miss on the blackberry in comparison to other Phones ?

rambo47 05-15-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherkewich (Post 1720945)

Comedy Gold!! :smile:

nobody7290 05-16-2011 02:19 AM

Yes, ok,
You wrote this in the start of the thread, however, since you all that upset, you must have a long list of things, which did not work as expected.
Do you have some major points from the list?

Tia

wabbit 05-17-2011 07:30 PM

get 3 days of usage on a dual core phone.... LOL

dear OP.

Next time you go and buy something for looks, prior to that make sure it fits your needs. if not dont buy it.

dont act like an a**hole who went out and bought a dual wheel f550 pickup truck to drive in nyc and complain its big to find parking.......

Thiego-uk 05-24-2011 05:18 AM

Haha... I tho this would be funy as well...
-------------------------------

Dear Mr Steve Jobs,

Please make a IPhone that suits ma cause I think your devices are just like the IPods with abilty to make 3G calls but I cant seem to find a way of making it work for me.
I hope you understand that even tho many ppl like your devices what matters to me is that I dont so please start doing something...
I know your stock shares are high at the moment but be wise and look at RIM, theirs were much higher in the past and look how they are now, that could well be your future if you dont make the perfect device that will suit not only me but the whole wide world.

I hope this is understandable.
Regards
Me :P

Edit: Damm, wrong Forum... : /