BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Wireless Enterprise Symposium 2007 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=66358)

DarthBBerry 02-23-2007 11:49 AM

Wireless Enterprise Symposium 2007

1 Attachment(s)
Searched around the forums and dont see new thread for this year. Found lots of posts about last year though.

Anybody going this year? I've already made my reservations; staying at the Marriott where the Symposium is being held.

Wireless Enterprise Symposium 2007
World Center Marriott: Orlando Spa Resort
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

UPDATED 4/30/07
Holy Wookiee Fur, Batman! The Marriott is sold out. The Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa is sold out. The Hilton Walt Disney World Resort has limited availability. The Celebration Hotel was added as another overflow hotel. I'm sure there are more than the 30+ folks attending than listed here. :razz:

I'm getting PMs everyday with more names attending. Incredible! The Blackberry Forums BES Admin Corner "unofficial" meet-n-greet will be on Monday evening around the same time as the WES Reception. Here's how we can gather.. If your back is to the Blackberry Ask the Experts Area, we will gather in the far right corner. (See Map Attached) This is away from the entryway and out of main traffic areas. We will still have access to the food, vendors, drinks and food.

I will have the list of PINs with me for those who provided them. Don't be surprised if you get a PIN or Blackberry Messenger message saying, "HI! We're here. Where the heck are you?" Hope to see everybody there!

Bloggin' WES

AlanM
bertiebassett
BigA
BlackBerryCoolSteve
Chubby Nubby
DarthBBerry
Dilseachd
esm54687
jibi
jrbes
jsplit
juwaack68
kerry6
ladydi
mahal721
mahoward
mrc7928
NeptuneIT
oppitronic
PhanMan
pomc
PXBB
SimonMac
stuwhite
x14

Confirmed but no PIN
CarlSpackler
Chrisv2
gziz
NJBlackberry
twinkiefan

DarthBBerry 02-28-2007 11:47 AM

BUMP.
C'mon guys, I can't be the ONLY one from BBF going.

Anybody?

bertiebassett 02-28-2007 05:00 PM

Hey Darth

You might have more joy in BESadmin corner...but they're probably still in DST hell.

It looks like I'm gonna be heading over the pond to take in the sunshine of South Florida, and as a WES virgin I'm looking forward to it..

kasperapd 02-28-2007 07:31 PM

With a $1400 registration fee..... I'll pass. I'm sure it's excellent conference, but wow.... that's expensive!!!

juwaack68 02-28-2007 10:15 PM

I'm signed up - 3rd year for me. If you sign up before March 31st, you get $200 off. If you can get a carrier to 'sponsor' you, you get $300 off. If you're an alumni, you get another $100 off. I got $600 off my registration :-D

d_fisher 02-28-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertiebassett
You might have more joy in BESadmin corner

Point taken. Thread moved.

BlackBerryCoolSteve 02-28-2007 10:44 PM

Who wants to hang out with me?

bertiebassett 03-01-2007 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasperapd
With a $1400 registration fee..... I'll pass. I'm sure it's excellent conference, but wow.... that's expensive!!!

Can you not get your company to pay for it or are you an independent contractor?

DarienA 03-01-2007 06:58 AM

I went last year, had a good time, very informative. My boss hasn't said yeah or nay yet for this year though with the casual conversations we've had about it, it looks like a yeah I think.. I'll have to find out more when she gets back next week.

mahoward 03-01-2007 11:30 AM

I will be there, looking forward to it!

x14 03-01-2007 12:34 PM

I'm in.

stuwhite 03-01-2007 01:28 PM

Usually my BESs need little attention so I leave them alone but after this steaming pile of DST cr@p, I am putting in for it! Flights from the UK are always the issue but it's doable. I will let you know how it goes...

chubby_nubby 03-01-2007 01:33 PM

I will be there, just reserved my room ! Where are all the good vendor parties? I don't know if this hotel is better than the Gaylord Palms last year, man that was nice, all indoors ..

DarthBBerry 03-01-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Hey Darth

You might have more joy in BESadmin corner...but they're probably still in DST hell.

Thanks for moving it Doug! And I'm the doorman in DST hell. Where's your ticket? LOL

Quote:

It looks like I'm gonna be heading over the pond to take in the sunshine of South Florida, and as a WES virgin I'm looking forward to it..

Awsome! My first time at WES as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasperapd

Like juwaack68 said you can get a bunch of money off for early registration, vendor discount, and alumni status. (They gave me alumni status even though I've never been ::shrug::)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBerryCoolSteve
Who wants to hang out with me?

Oooh oooh! Me Me Me! Look for the guy carrying a Blackberry & a laptop. Oh wait...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahoward
I will be there, looking forward to it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by x14
I'm in.

I was hoping some of the regulars on the Admin Board would make it. Can't wait to meet you guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuwhite
Usually my BESs need little attention so I leave them alone but after this steaming pile of DST cr@p, I am putting in for it! Flights from the UK are always the issue but it's doable. I will let you know how it goes...

C'mon Zod, you gotta make it. The Last Son of RIM will kneel before Zod and Darth BBerry! Revenge for DST! Mua ha ha!

stuwhite 03-01-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry
I was hoping some of the regulars on the Admin Board would make it. Can't wait to meet you guys.

C'mon Zod, you gotta make it. The Last Son of RIM will kneel before Zod and Darth BBerry! Revenge for DST! Mua ha ha!

ROFL - Bring me the son of DST-EL! I am working on it mate, trust me. I might have to hide in bertiebasset's bag :-)

jsplit 03-01-2007 06:58 PM

We'll be there :)

bertiebassett 03-02-2007 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuwhite
ROFL - Bring me the son of DST-EL! I am working on it mate, trust me. I might have to hide in bertiebasset's bag :-)

Look I might live in surrey but that's a little forward now :oops:

stuwhite 03-02-2007 06:02 AM

Quote:

Look I might live in surrey but that's a little forward now :oops:

Oh alright, I'll see if I can get a plane ticket :->

DarthBBerry 03-02-2007 12:08 PM

Request for a WES PIN listing sticky

Maybe we can get a moderator to make a sticky for us somewhere so we can make a list of folks/PINs. We can then meet up at WES quickly.

DarthBBerry - [insert PIN here]
stuwhite - [insert PIN here]
jsplit - [insert PIN here]
x14 - [insert PIN here]
mahoward - [insert PIN here]

etc etc.

Ya'll get the idea.

stuwhite 03-02-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry
Maybe we can get a moderator to make a sticky for us somewhere so we can make a list of folks/PINs. We can then meet up at WES quickly.

DarthBBerry - [insert PIN here]
stuwhite - [insert PIN here]
jsplit - [insert PIN here]
x14 - [insert PIN here]
mahoward - [insert PIN here]

etc etc.

Ya'll get the idea.

When you boys find out that I mainly use a Windoze mobile device (go easy, I am an Exchange admin remember) and therefore am usually PINless, will you still associate with me? Don't worry though, I can grab a BB off the shelf :->