BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Problems with new 8830 World Edition (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=133270)

Ultragames 06-04-2008 02:32 AM

Problems with new 8830 World Edition

Hello all,
I bought a new 8830 World Edition today from Sprint. My main issue at the moment is that when people call me, the phone only vibrates, it does not ring. I have gone into the setting for the Normal sound profile, (which is active) and set "Phone" to Vibrate-Tone, set the volume to medium, for both in holster and out. When I get a phone call, it only vibrates. If i set it to Tone only, it rings.

Shouldn't Vibrate-Tone make it ring and buzz? If not, how do I get the 8830 to do so?

Thank you.

KimMazz 06-04-2008 06:32 AM

I have mine set to vibrate- tone and it vibrates 2 times before the ring starts. It does not vibrate and ring together.

muck 06-04-2008 06:56 AM

thats something that took me a long time to get used too.

i never understood, not having vibrate and ring together. :(

Stoo06 06-04-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muck (Post 955515)
thats something that took me a long time to get used too.

i never understood, not having vibrate and ring together. :(

I have come to like that... gives me a chance to answer it before it rings when I am in public.

I know there are a number of threads on here about volume issues and I find that when mine is set on "normal" I can't hear squat unless it's dead quiet around me...

snowboarder61 06-05-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultragames (Post 955421)
Hello all,
I bought a new 8830 World Edition today from Sprint. My main issue at the moment is that when people call me, the phone only vibrates, it does not ring. I have gone into the setting for the Normal sound profile, (which is active) and set "Phone" to Vibrate-Tone, set the volume to medium, for both in holster and out. When I get a phone call, it only vibrates. If i set it to Tone only, it rings.

Shouldn't Vibrate-Tone make it ring and buzz? If not, how do I get the 8830 to do so?

Thank you.

In your options to change the "phone" sounds, the very last option is "do not disturb" make sure that says "No"... I don't see them sending it from the factory with it set to yes, but who knows?

Or possibly try a different profile. I have mine always on loud...

Ultragames 06-05-2008 01:51 PM

I don't think I waited long enough for it to buzz and THEN ring. I'll try that.

I did see lots of posts about people complaining about volume. I don't want to read through 100 posts to find it, so i'll just straight up ask all you fine folks: Is there a way to fix it?

muck 06-06-2008 12:54 AM

put some holes in the back of the unit, where the speaker is. seems to be the only fix.

Ultragames 06-06-2008 04:07 AM

Can you say "Void the warranty"?

dtdt 06-12-2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoo06 (Post 955527)
I have come to like that... gives me a chance to answer it before it rings when I am in public.

Couldn't agree more!