BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Stereo Earbuds for Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=163996)

rxloren 12-08-2008 10:32 AM

Stereo Earbuds for Storm

Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone bought separate stereo earbuds w/ mic and multipurose button for your storm and which brand is good. Frankly, the headset that comes with the storm kinda stink. I'm looking for a good quality, low priced headset that I can use with the phone features that will offer loud, quality music with rich lows and crisp highs, maybe with a volume button or amplified, I don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!!

koki 12-08-2008 10:44 AM

yea the stock headphone are the most uncomfortable headphones ever. i have a pair of v-moda vibe duo good quality sound and very comfortable and made very well, dont know how much you want to spend they arent cheap but check out ebay or amazon

Backnblack 12-08-2008 11:24 AM

Bose, Nothing is better.

The cost you about $100

rxloren 12-08-2008 11:41 AM

Yes I know the bose are the best. I wasn't looking to spend that much as I'm not going to use them all that oftyen. I have the Bose monitors which are incredible. I'm looking to spend maybe no more than about $20 - $40. I know somethings out there... just have to look for it.. I just hate having to buy multiple pairs of cheep headphones. For that I just buy the Bose once right? lol.. anyway, I appreciate all the feedback.

rxloren 12-08-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koki (Post 1201024)
yea the stock headphone are the most uncomfortable headphones ever. i have a pair of v-moda vibe duo good quality sound and very comfortable and made very well, dont know how much you want to spend they arent cheap but check out ebay or amazon

Comparing the stock headphones to the v-moda.. which one is louder? Which one's sound quality is better. I need a set that will be buds in my ear... I don't know, my ears are small, lol... so most headphones liekt eh ones the storm has always fall off. If I turn my head left, the right one drops off and vice versa. I need those that go IN your ear.
Thanks again.. sorry for the spam.

Backnblack 12-08-2008 11:44 AM

You can get SkullCandy ones for about $30 from BestBuy. Thats what I used to use....

koki 12-08-2008 12:07 PM

the sound quality of the v-moda is great, i too cant keep the stock headphones in my ear plus v-moda has swappable ear plugs s/m/L...i didn't know there was a pair of skullcandy with a mic, if there really is i would suggest those as well being that they're half the price of v-moda... if they are around 30, i use a pair for running love skullcandy headphone loud/comfortable and durable and only like 10bucks...both the skullcandy and v-moda have the same type of earbud

rxloren 12-08-2008 12:07 PM

How do you like em Black? I saw them as well. they look promising but I haven't bought headphones or headsets for a few years now and I'm looking for the best bang for my buck.

rxloren 12-08-2008 12:11 PM

Thanks all for your suggestions... looks like skullcandy or Shure may be the way to go but I'll keep looking and taking suggestions for a few days, thanks again!!

dakis 12-08-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxloren (Post 1200997)
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone bought separate stereo earbuds w/ mic and multipurose button for your storm and which brand is good. Frankly, the headset that comes with the storm kinda stink. I'm looking for a good quality, low priced headset that I can use with the phone features that will offer loud, quality music with rich lows and crisp highs, maybe with a volume button or amplified, I don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!!

Most of those made for the iPhone work perfectly - I'm using the Griffin Tunebuds. Even let you start and pause music.

peter

rdy357 12-08-2008 09:52 PM

sound attenuation

If you are a music freak, then you might want to check out some sound attenuation like shure makes. I bought some that has the inline mic for $40.00 on ebay. They reduce the music during the ring and pause it when you answer the phone.

Shure - Microphones, Wireless Systems, Earphones, Professional and Personal Audio Gear

shure dot com

jmd36 12-08-2008 10:10 PM

check out the jabra stereo bluetooth headset.

Backnblack 12-13-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxloren (Post 1201160)
How do you like em Black? I saw them as well. they look promising but I haven't bought headphones or headsets for a few years now and I'm looking for the best bang for my buck.

Love the Bose, I do close to 25 flights a month for work and wouldnt want to travel without them.....

evilblade 12-13-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backnblack (Post 1201092)
Bose, Nothing is better.

The cost you about $100

Or if you want real good sound, not a fancy name on them try:

Icemat audio - very good sound, even better tech. spec.
Panasonic (white one) - very good sound, even better tech. spec.

Please, use headset with good tech. spec. and try before buy.8-)

Backnblack 12-13-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilblade (Post 1207710)
Or if you want real good sound, not a fancy name on them try:

Icemat audio - very good sound, even better tech. spec.
Panasonic (white one) - very good sound, even better tech. spec.

Please, use headset with good tech. spec. and try before buy.8-)

I buy Bose due to them being better...Not just for the name....

jsntrenkler 12-13-2008 11:38 AM

I give another vote for Bose, although they are a bit expensive they are actually very affordable considering the quality that you get. There are headsets that cost much more that do not sound better.

Mikef1182 12-13-2008 01:09 PM

I am using V-Moda Vibe Duo and they are awesome! They sound great and fit very nice in my ears. They are $99, but worth every penny.

::: v-moda :::

MikeK5117 12-13-2008 05:57 PM

Storm earbuds

My local AT&T store had the Shure I2c-m's made for the 1st gen iPhone marked down from $100 to $30. Good sound and microphone, for some reason they didn't put a control button on the mic. Anyway for that price I picked up a pair and the sound quality is good, and callers say the sound from my end is good as well with minimal background noise. The earphones are supposed to be the equivalent of the Shure E2c's with mic added.

evilblade 12-14-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backnblack (Post 1207839)
I buy Bose due to them being better...Not just for the name....

Probably you have right but...

Anyone fancy show me tech. spec. of Bose tripod?

Nice article here

Mudinyeri 12-15-2008 02:23 PM

I plugged my iPod phones in - pretty good sound. I also have a set of Motorola stereo Bluetooth phones, but I haven't played with them yet. (They are very comfortable, though.)