BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   O2 BB 8800 how to connect to internet Without BES ????????? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=229132)

xheno 06-18-2010 02:34 PM

O2 BB 8800 how to connect to internet Without BES ?????????

I have a bb 8800 by o2 and i wont to connect to internet without BES.
i go to Setting >> Advanced >>> TCP and i enter my Carrer APN and then i go to opera but it tells me that could not be connetcted to inernet .....

What can i do ??? i have the latest firmware and im bored to try and try >>>

Please helPPPP???

Dubdub 06-18-2010 04:34 PM

Get a BB data plan on your account. BES is for corporate, BIS is for personal.

xheno 06-19-2010 05:44 AM

I can get a BES OR BIS because i do not have AN o2 carrier on my country thats why i wont to use opera and tcp settings ..
or my phone is blocking any other connections beside O2 connections . if anyone knows any to hack this connections please reply!!!!

Dubdub 06-19-2010 07:06 AM

No hacks, sorry. You don't need an O2 carrier. If your voice carrier also offers BB data, add it to your plan.

There is very limited functionality using a generic data plan. You obviously have not read the FAQ or used the SEARCH feature:

What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ

How to use BlackBerry on Generic Data Plan - BlackBerryFAQ

xheno 06-20-2010 07:42 AM

i read the
How to use BlackBerry on Generic Data Plan - BlackBerryFAQ

But i want to change my blacberry firmware from o2 to T-mobile firmware
i did all it required deletet the vendor file and installet the t mobile firmware But
when flashing finish it boots whith the vresion changet of o2 firmware .i dont know whats going wrong.. is there any other progam to flash beside app loader . Please reply .Thnx

NJBlackBerry 06-20-2010 07:46 AM

You cannot legally change the splash screen that comes up. It will show O2 even if you change the version of the OS running on the BlackBerry.

xheno 06-20-2010 02:02 PM

ok i get it , but in my country only Vodafone suport blackberry internet ,but my bb is o2 and they say that they can't make my bb with internet if i change my bb firware carreir From o2 to Vodafone Can they support it ...
and one more thing if i change the vendor the splash screen will stay o2 bcause i flashed it with t mobile firmware and when i go to help menu it shows me the VENDOR Code 125 beside of 100 that is T mobile vendor code . THnx For Repy..

MidnightDraven 06-22-2010 04:49 PM

They are lying to you.
The OS of the device makes no difference.

Yes, its an O2 device, it will start with O2 image and have a O2 vendor code.

GW_xo 06-23-2010 01:06 PM

hiya i recently brought my sisters old blackberry 8110 wich was on contract, i have now put my o2 text and web sim card in but it says it is unable to connect to the internet. So i transfered opera mini 4 and 5 to my phone, they will not properly install as it says unable to connect to the internet. does anyone know why this is or how i could sort it out? also if there are any other browsers like opera mini that i could try on my phone i would be more than grateful!! thanks :)

TheRinger 06-25-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GW_xo (Post 1621600)
hiya i recently brought my sisters old blackberry 8110 wich was on contract, i have now put my o2 text and web sim card in but it says it is unable to connect to the internet. So i transfered opera mini 4 and 5 to my phone, they will not properly install as it says unable to connect to the internet. does anyone know why this is or how i could sort it out? also if there are any other browsers like opera mini that i could try on my phone i would be more than grateful!! thanks :)

Someone didnt read the thread they posted in... (n)

xheno 06-27-2010 03:31 AM

Im gettin nuthing on generic data plan IM+ doest work opera too,when i connect my blackberry with my computer as a ip modem it works very good, but when i open Opera Mini it stucks at installing,But the funny thing is that i charges me data and doest open the Iternet..
anny idea???
whats blocking the 3rd party softwares in my 8800 ?????

xheno 07-07-2010 04:58 AM

m gettin nuthing on generic data plan IM+ doest work opera too,when i connect my blackberry with my computer as a ip modem it works very good, but when i open Opera Mini it stucks at installing,But the funny thing is that i charges me data and doest open the Iternet..
anny idea???
whats blocking the 3rd party softwares in my 8800 ?????

denn112 11-17-2010 07:37 PM

Re: O2 BB 8800 how to connect to internet Without BES ?????????

For o2 use this setting remember this will work on any blackberry including storm 9500

O2 GPRS settings (WAP):
Note: Different settings for contract and PAYG (Pay as you go)

Homepage: wap.o2.co.uk/
Access point (contract): wap.o2.co.uk
Access point (PAYG): payandgo.o2.co.uk
Gateway (IP) address : 193.113.200.195
Username : o2wap (contract) / payandgo (PAYG)
Password: password
Session type: Continuous / permanent
Authentication: Normal
Security: Off
Port number: 8080
O2 GPRS settings (Mobile Web / Email):

Homepage: pda.o2.co.uk/
Access point: mobile.o2.co.uk
Username: mobileweb
Password: password
Session type: Continuous / permanent
Authentication: Normal
Security: Off

Email servers (POP): mail.o2.co.uk
Email servers (SMTP): smtp.o2.co.uk
DNS Servers: 193.113.200.200 and 193.113.200.201

Note: The "Mobile Web" service must be enabled for these settings to work.
* We've also been told of an alternative username of 'faster', with a password of 'password'

Contact o2 Customer Services to get this enabled.