BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry In the News (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   We are not dead (yet) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265355)

The Prophet 10-15-2013 01:41 PM

We are not dead (yet)

Our Message - US

The ad does not mention is that Blackberry is for sale and has received a preliminary $4.7 billion buyout offer from Fairfax Financial.

NJBlackBerry 10-15-2013 01:47 PM

Re: We are not dead (yet)

They are right on schedule and everything is fine. The transformation continues.
Remain calm, all is well.

A very, very preliminary offer from Fairfax.

Weinstein: BlackBerry Is Walking Dead, But Don't Sell Yet - TheStreet

heredia21 10-19-2013 07:33 AM

Hoping BlackBerry stays for a long time

tsac 10-19-2013 08:55 AM

I read an article in the local news paper that a lot of large companies are starting to realize the security of Android or Iphones is simply not there. The US government ordered a lot of Z10 and Q10 phones.
Once the average company realizes their company is open to big security risks I'm betting BB will be in a better position to survive. It's just a matter of how quick companies realize this.

NJBlackBerry 10-19-2013 03:42 PM

That still does not and will not guarantee an independent BlackBerry. They are losing money and customers are a rapid clip.

ahpitre 11-15-2013 01:25 PM

I am an IT professional. I admit that Blackberry is a better phone/ecosystem (at least the BES and management part of it). Unfortunately, the lack of major apps, and, the average user doesn't like Blackberry because it's perceived as uncool. I think the lack of apps hurts Blackberry, if only because most users get impressed with the ads (over 700,00 apps for Android and over 700,000 for iPhone), although typical users use less than 20 apps (although they will install much more). I hope that Blackberry survives, I think their new OS 10 is terrific and along with Windows Phone 8, are the only ones innovating from a UI perspective. Sadly, business users are now starting to ask for iPhones, and, companies will eventually go that route. :(

NJBlackBerry 11-15-2013 02:36 PM

Starting to ask for iPhones? Business users started to demand them at least two-three years ago...

ZombieBerry 11-15-2013 02:38 PM

Our company allowed iThings about a year ago. Still have a large BB presence, but that ship has sailed.

tsac 11-16-2013 01:44 PM

Security is so low on Android and Iphones, my company is requireing all users except Blackberry users to download and install an app called MobileIron.
this allows companys to remotely manage, control and increase somewhat the security.
Time will tell how good it really is.

dc/dc 11-17-2013 09:07 PM

I'd love to know the metrics that people use to determine that iOS is not secure.

ZombieBerry 11-18-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1809590)
I'd love to know the metrics that people use to determine that iOS is not secure.

Same ones Intel and AMD people used to argue over. Perception can be hard to overcome. It's a throwaway people use, like an old wives' tale. Some people still believe the World is flat.

dc/dc 11-18-2013 09:05 AM

Monty Python-Bring out your dead! - YouTube

tsac 11-22-2013 08:28 PM

Agree , it may be a something people hear and believe but reality is the BB is more secure although the new OS10 may not be. It may just be that the hacker community thinks BB is dead now and is not bothering.