BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Social Networking (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   BBM not working on WI-FI (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=261393)

yasmineninetythree 09-05-2012 04:09 AM

BBM not working on WI-FI

Hi all, I have a south African sim card in my bold9700 and left the country to visit England. Upon arrival in England I connected to our private passworded wifi service and bbm was working just fine. I then left England for a few days and when I returned and connected to the same wifi, my bbm didn't work. I get red clocks next to all messages and no recent updates show. Pin messages also get red clocks and the wifi symbol is grey. However the browser, twitter and Facebook all work fine on the wifi. I have tried a re boot/battery pull but that doesn't fix it.

This is really frustrating and I'd love some guidance on the matter, all your help is greatly appreciated :)
Have a great day!

bbmaddict 09-08-2012 01:55 AM

Re: BBM not working on WI-FI

Maybe the password have been reset since you left? Or maybe some configuration settings have been changed regarding your wifi router itself

Dubdub 09-08-2012 08:35 AM

Try a battery pull and resend the service books (see the FAQ for resending service books).

bbmaddict 09-18-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1787148)
Try a battery pull and resend the service books (see the FAQ for resending Rx 24/7 service books).

Excellent adive thanks for share

virgoparas 01-13-2013 05:51 AM

BBM doesnt works over wifi !!!

Motorcycle Mama 01-13-2013 08:25 AM

BBM does work over WiFi if you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan.

dc/dc 01-31-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishabhsachan (Post 1798199)
there is any problem in ur mobile phone that's why it is not working. I am using wifi in my mobile phone. u change ur software from blackberry center and then use

No, this is not good advice.

sijugk 02-27-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yasmineninetythree (Post 1786899)
Hi all, I have a south African sim card in my bold9700 and left the country to visit England. Upon arrival in England I connected to our private passworded wifi service and bbm was working just fine. I then left England for a few days and when I returned and connected to the same wifi, my bbm didn't work. I get red clocks next to all messages and no recent updates show. Pin messages also get red clocks and the wifi symbol is grey. However the browser, twitter and Facebook all work fine on the wifi. I have tried a re boot/battery pull but that doesn't fix it.

This is really frustrating and I'd love some guidance on the matter, all your help is greatly appreciated :)
Have a great day!

You said it is a private wifi service and password protected. Are you sure they didn't change the wifi password before you came back (especially wifi symbol is grey)? May be browser and other social network applications works with BB data connection (not wifi). May be it is the issue with messenger alone and try to reinstall it..