BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   iPhone comming to Canada (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=85122)

Ryan8700 07-09-2007 08:33 PM

iPhone comming to Canada

(Sorry in advance to anyone annoyed by the endless iPhone threads)

You probably all have read the BGR report on this one, the iPhone is comming to Canada, we just don't know when - or to who.. but BestBuy seems to think it's comming.

I'm kind of torn here - I don't use my BlackBerry for business, I use it for, pleasure, I guess - and I don't know if I should buy the iPhone in place of my 8800 when (or if) the iPhone comes.

What it will come down to is, if it's on Rogers, and the monthly phone bill price. I don't care how much it costs.

Right now my BlackBerry bill is $120.00/month. If the iPhone has unlimited internet for not-so-expensive, I figure that after a while the expensive price of the actual phone won't really be much of a big deal, assuming that the monthly phone bill is cheaper than the BlackBerry.

Here's hoping that Rogers takes advantage of this and nabs the iPhone. I can't really find any trends or patterns with wireless companies associated with BestBuy Canada, they sell phones for Fido, Solo, Telus, - so it's hard to tell.

Edit: CRAP... just realized that Rogers isn't listed in BestBuys' wireless carriers.. bah

Any thoughts?

iPhone - BestBuy.ca

yankeesji 07-20-2007 06:32 PM

$120/month...

WOW...sounds like you've been getting hosed. (y)

Iphone sucks.

Thanks,
"Everybody that didn't reply"

test54 07-20-2007 06:34 PM

well what did you want? not as many canadians as US in here and with no concrete info on where and when, i mean what did you just want small talk?

Berry One 07-21-2007 05:27 AM

You are not paying $120/month for blackberry. You are paying it to Rogers for the priviledge of using their wireless services.

If you expect Rogers let you pay less just because you switched to different phone you don't know how monopolies work.

reidjr 09-14-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan8700 (Post 594891)
(Sorry in advance to anyone annoyed by the endless iPhone threads)

You probably all have read the BGR report on this one, the iPhone is comming to Canada, we just don't know when - or to who.. but BestBuy seems to think it's comming.

I'm kind of torn here - I don't use my BlackBerry for business, I use it for, pleasure, I guess - and I don't know if I should buy the iPhone in place of my 8800 when (or if) the iPhone comes.

What it will come down to is, if it's on Rogers, and the monthly phone bill price. I don't care how much it costs.

Right now my BlackBerry bill is $120.00/month. If the iPhone has unlimited internet for not-so-expensive, I figure that after a while the expensive price of the actual phone won't really be much of a big deal, assuming that the monthly phone bill is cheaper than the BlackBerry.

Here's hoping that Rogers takes advantage of this and nabs the iPhone. I can't really find any trends or patterns with wireless companies associated with BestBuy Canada, they sell phones for Fido, Solo, Telus, - so it's hard to tell.

Edit: CRAP... just realized that Rogers isn't listed in BestBuys' wireless carriers.. bah

Any thoughts?

iPhone - BestBuy.ca

Its going to be much higher then the bb.From rumors the feeling is it will be $250-300 a month.If it does come i would hold off for a while as there going to take to the customers.The iphone will cost close to $600 no contract.

dwp1975 09-23-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reidjr (Post 667780)
Its going to be much higher then the bb.From rumors the feeling is it will be $250-300 a month.If it does come i would hold off for a while as there going to take to the customers.The iphone will cost close to $600 no contract.

Why is data so expensive in Canada? I was on Rogers site a few weeks ago looking at their blackberries and saw their data plan which I think was 25MB (not even unlimited) was like $125 a month. :cry:

fr0zen 09-23-2007 05:42 PM

well they are not that expensive.... but the data plans are still a ripoff!
25mb = $60
7 mb = $40
4 mb = $25

yeap RIPOFF!

Truestream 09-27-2007 12:20 PM

Well Rogers is in negotiations with Apple for the iPhone right now, but because of both data issues and a personal issue between Steve Jobs and Ted Rogers, it could take longer than expected. A huge issue for both companies is unlimited data, as Apple wants it for the iPhone, and well Rogers simply isn't too interested in providing that option. We'll most likely see the iPhone just after Christmas, and next month sometime you'll see a 1 GB data plan from Rogers.

fr0zen 09-27-2007 12:53 PM

well iphone really "requires" a unlimited data plan. Worst come worst rogers will have a data plan just for iphones with unlimited data. (i doubt they will be able to enforce it though...the just for iphones part)

anyways lets see.... btw the system upgrades for rogers is also a big issue... (visual voicemail, etc)