BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Berry 411 For Ontario Canada? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=65815)

torinate 02-20-2007 02:26 PM

Berry 411 For Ontario Canada?

Hello.
Anyone know if this application will work in Guelph or Kitchener Waterloo?

Thanks

Dave

JSanders 02-20-2007 03:18 PM

If you have a data plan, it should. Worth trying to find out.

Klotar 06-18-2007 11:01 PM

Sorry to resurrect a semi-oldie, but I'd briefly given a 411 type application a try (sorry, I can't remember which one, and I did say briefly), and although it did work as advertised, it seemed to be well, US-oriented. While I can certainly understand that, it seemed that it was built for US cities and zip codes, rather than say, Canadian cities and postal codes... so I'd get rather whacky hits at times.

Any suggestions for Canadian folks? Or will one of the more popular 411 apps do, and I just didn't give it enough time using more appropriate search parameters?

Thanks in advance.

Lex Luthor 06-19-2007 01:12 AM

Berry 411 (now called Beyond 411)works fine in Canada. I use it all the time! Great app!!

jeffmik 06-19-2007 10:26 AM

I'm in Canada and white pages searches do not work properly, if at all. They get redirected to Google search which doesn't find anything, ever.

If I search a name in yellow pages (I know this is a the wrong way...), sometimes there will be no results, which allows me to search using Canada411 - which gives perfect results.

Canada doesn't seem to work with Google Phonebook.

snipez 06-19-2007 10:52 PM

when i used it before it worked great but it seems for the last month since i did the update i cant get it to pull any results.

what do you type in for home? if i live in toronto canada?

Klotar 06-20-2007 12:16 AM

After posting above, I got the latest version and installed it. I didn't have time to really play with it yet, but did allow it GPS access and did a few searches. That probably helped, as the hits seemed pretty relevant (compared to what I remembered when I gave it a go a few weeks ago).

This time around I'll read the user guide and give myself more time to figure it out. But I think I see what the excitement is about Beyond411 now. ;)

philbogle 06-20-2007 09:48 AM

Canada support is still very much a work in progress; I'll send a note when it gets better.

halfempty 06-25-2007 11:07 AM

I'm in Ontario as well, and what's strange is that everything worked fine for some of the previous versions (but not all), and is completely broken with the latest version.

For some reason everything pops up in Texas for me (and we all know Ontario neighbours Texas ;) )

JSanders 06-25-2007 11:11 AM

uh, well, it did for a short while...
Handbook of Texas Online:

philbogle 07-02-2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfempty (Post 578835)
I'm in Ontario as well, and what's strange is that everything worked fine for some of the previous versions (but not all), and is completely broken with the latest version.

For some reason everything pops up in Texas for me (and we all know Ontario neighbours Texas ;) )

Try this format for the location: "Toronto, ON" (using whatever city you're in instead of Toronto, of course.)

I just tried that and it worked for me.

halfempty 07-02-2007 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philbogle (Post 586019)
Try this format for the location: "Toronto, ON" (using whatever city you're in instead of Toronto, of course.)

I just tried that and it worked for me.

That's the format that I've always used, and it used to work. Seems to be a problem now. I even tried "Movies" and it can't find my area any longer.

Klotar 07-02-2007 10:33 AM

That's the format I use also.

Yellow pages seem to work fine now; white pages I don't think I've had much success with but just Yellow is fine for what I use it for.

CanuckMakem 07-03-2007 01:00 AM

Its not working for me either. I get results for Texas ..... shame.

jeffmik 07-04-2007 01:34 AM

Yellow still works for me (basic connection, opens browser) but Google asks me to input my postal code. White pages don't work at all and neither do GPS (GPS works fine in Google Maps and Berry Maps)

s__dime 07-11-2007 10:25 AM

Yeah im trying to use it out West in Alberta with little success. Sometimes Whitepages works most of the time not. Also I cant get anything to do with gps to start.