BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Problem with Desktop Manager (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=187505)

Sugar and Spice 04-25-2009 02:11 AM

Problem with Desktop Manager

I have a 8330 Curve that I have had for a couple of months. This is my first Blackberry so Ihave a lot to learn. My laptop has Windows XP.

I normally do a sync of my calendar and stuff at least once a week and everything was great. All of a sudden I can not sync. Desktop Manager is not recognizing my device. It says Disconnected.

I am using a USB port and when I plug in my device to my laptop the device battery charges so the issue is not with the USB port. But I did try different ports.

The Connection in Desktop manager says USB.

I have scanned this forum and I see a lot of people have issues with desktop manager and I have tried most of the suggestions which I understood how to try.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Manager from the CD which is 4.3. I have done this a couple of times and it did not work.

I have tried installing 4.6 with out media manager from the Blackberry site and it still does not work.

I have rebotted my laptop several times.

I pulled the device battery which rebooted the phone and it still does not work.

I have cleared the cache on the device and it still does not work.

Please help!!!!! There is so much I need to learn how to do in Desktop Manager and I can't do anything because it won't recognize my device.

rasmith3530 04-25-2009 02:53 AM

Wirelessly posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar and Spice
I have a 8330 Curve that I have had for a couple of months. This is my first Blackberry so Ihave a lot to learn. My laptop has Windows XP.

I normally do a sync of my calendar and stuff at least once a week and everything was great. All of a sudden I can not sync. Desktop Manager is not recognizing my device. It says Disconnected.

I am using a USB port and when I plug in my device to my laptop the device battery charges so the issue is not with the USB port. But I did try different ports.

I have scanned this forum and I see a lot of people have issues with desktop manager and I have tried most of the suggestions which I understood how to try.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Manager from the CD which is 4.3. I have done this a couple of times and it did not work.

I have tried installing 4.6 with out media manager from the Blackberry site and it still does not work.

I have rebotted my laptop several times.

I pulled the device battery which rebooted the phone and it still does not work.

I have cleared the cache on the device and it still does not work.

Please help!!!!! There is so much I need to learn how to do in Desktop Manager and I can't do anything because it won't recognize my device.

Have you tried re-sending the Service Books? That seems to cure a number of issues with these phones.

Sugar and Spice 04-25-2009 02:55 AM

No, I have not tried that and I do not know how to do it. How do I do that?

Flyeboy 04-25-2009 03:08 AM

reinstall DM

Sugar and Spice 04-25-2009 03:10 AM

I have done that more than once using the CD that came with the phone which was 4.3.

I also installed 4.6 from the BB website and still have the same issue.

rasmith3530 04-25-2009 03:14 AM

Wirelessly posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyeboy
reinstall DM

I thought you had to delete them via the phone, in Advanced Options -> Service Books, and then they would be resent via BIS (or BES).

There should be a tutorial or sticky about this on the site somewhere.

ghpk 04-25-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar and Spice (Post 1364658)

Check for USB option in your Laptop Bios Settings. and enable support for high speed USB. USB 2.0, Hi Speed USB FAQ

Also check Device Manager of your Laptop (right click on my computer and select properties and navigate to Device manager)
for any un-recognized USB Device. if yes, use let windows search for the driver, it can pull the right driver for your config.
Seems like a USB Driver Problem.

captdennis 04-28-2009 01:40 PM

same troubles

i am having the same problem only with a storm. my phone is charging when in the usb port but the computer and dm are not recognizing it? i have tried several ports and once today the dm recognized the phone and i was able to sync. now iot won't recognize again? how can this be an intermitent problem?

sexygyrl 04-28-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captdennis (Post 1367742)
i am having the same problem only with a storm. my phone is charging when in the usb port but the computer and dm are not recognizing it? i have tried several ports and once today the dm recognized the phone and i was able to sync. now iot won't recognize again? how can this be an intermitent problem?

To resend service books:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw for verizon

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint for sprint

Is your phone set up to sync via bluetooth? If so, try turning it off.

captdennis 04-30-2009 07:20 AM

not that

connections are set to usb and my service rep from verizon says we do not have to do the service books. he is going to try a new phone. we tested it on another computer and when connecting it the balloon saying there was trouble with the hardware came up on the bottom of the screen.