BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   How does one not know (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=242891)

dc/dc 01-07-2011 07:19 AM

How does one not know

who their carrier/provider is?!? It's usually printed on the body of the handset, shown on the screen, or at the very least printed on the SIM card. There's no excuse not to know.

JSanders 01-07-2011 07:21 AM

Re: How does one not know

'cause their Mama pays their phone bill and they never noticed?

dc/dc 01-07-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1691702)
'cause their Mama pays their phone bill and they never noticed?

Maybe, but it still reads on the screen (even on those pesky CDMA devices), and they look at that every day.

TBOLTRAM 01-07-2011 07:51 AM

You are making the error of believing that intelligent life is on the operating end of a smart phone. It is possible but I would not bet on it. Assume the worst and you will not be disappointed.

Dubdub 01-07-2011 08:52 AM

Judging by some of the questions we see, i would agree that there is some doubt as to intelligent life.

aiharkness 01-07-2011 09:04 AM

I think JS nailed it...and then some people are clueless and yet still find themselves holding a BlackBerry.

As to cluelessness, I'm not surprised, and not really irritated, but still amazed at the people who complain they are on their third replacement and have had nothing but trouble. Well, some people break stuff, all the time, repeatedly. Look in any office or laboratory and a handfull of people are having problems with equipment breaking. AND THOSE PEOPLE ARE INCAPABLE OF LEARNING THAT THEY ARE THE PROBLEM.

You can never underestimate the bottom percentile user. The clueless will always be one step ahead of the engineers and designers.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

dc/dc 01-07-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1691713)
You are making the error of believing that intelligent life is on the operating end of a smart phone. It is possible but I would not bet on it. Assume the worst and you will not be disappointed.

Probably right... :cry:

jsconyers 01-07-2011 09:08 AM

Well, if you're dumb and own a smartphone, it balances things out, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself.

dc/dc 01-08-2011 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1691737)
Well, if you're dumb and own a smartphone, it balances things out, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Ahhhh!! Good point!

TBOLTRAM 01-08-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1691967)
Ahhhh!! Good point!

I hope so otherwise js would be pointless! :razz:

jsconyers 01-10-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1692009)
I hope so otherwise js would be pointless! :razz:

That's what she said! :?

Andi 01-10-2011 10:52 AM

How do they not know what model or even brand of device they bought? They try to describe them to me because of course I know what every blackberry, android, iPhone and windows mobile phone on the planet looks like. One user kept saying over and over to me "it is the newest smart phone Sprint sells" It was a Blackberry 9670 - and this was last week.

TBOLTRAM 01-10-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andi (Post 1692608)
How do they not know what model or even brand of device they bought? They try to describe them to me because of course I know what every blackberry, android, iPhone and windows mobile phone on the planet looks like. One user kept saying over and over to me "it is the newest smart phone Sprint sells" It was a Blackberry 9670 - and this was last week.

Some phones find their way into user hands via ebay, third party suppliers, and sometimes a person will buy a used or stolen phone from someone. This can cause all kinds of problems as the user who obtains phones using these methods are not always the the ones that can walk and chew gum at the same time. I think these are the type that DC/DC was in a rant about.

dc/dc 02-04-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1692644)
Some phones find their way into user hands via ebay, third party suppliers, and sometimes a person will buy a used or stolen phone from someone. This can cause all kinds of problems as the user who obtains phones using these methods are not always the the ones that can walk and chew gum at the same time. I think these are the type that DC/DC was in a rant about.

Yes, that is definitely a problem.

wabbit 02-06-2011 09:33 PM

my phone says verizon i think its a t mobile phone tho...... isn't verizon a phone manufacture???

TBOLTRAM 02-07-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbit (Post 1699482)
my phone says verizon i think its a t mobile phone tho...... isn't verizon a phone manufacture???

You funny ha ha.

daphne 02-09-2011 12:34 AM

I am sure some users whose primary language is not English don't know what "carrier" means. I see quite a few putting their occupation - I think they are confusing "carrier" with "career". It would make more sense if the profile asked for wireless provider or something similar.

dc/dc 02-09-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1700097)
I am sure some users whose primary language is not English don't know what "carrier" means. I see quite a few putting their occupation - I think they are confusing "carrier" with "career". It would make more sense if the profile asked for wireless provider or something similar.

True...

Thiego-uk 05-24-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1700097)

You got the point! Reminds myself, I when first saw "Carrier" was thinking... -What the heck??? - and before putting who was my service provider I checked others profile just to not play the stupid xD
In the end, either way, if your not familiar with the term and language is hard to understand. If we had wireless provider in place of carrier Im sure someone would put their broadband provider....