BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "use once" is missing when I do a compose Pin, suggestions? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=43003)

mendes9 08-04-2006 06:59 PM

"use once" is missing when I do a compose Pin, suggestions?

When I try to send a pin message, I do a compose pin, and then it has the look up, (I'm on a BES), but "use once" option is gone, it only searches our corporate GAL. Searched, but can't find how to get this back.. Verizon 7250 ver. 4.1 software. Thanks

d_fisher 08-04-2006 09:52 PM

Use once was ditched starting with v4.1. Just start typing the email address and select the line that says PIN/email/SMS. Your selecting the Lookup line when you type in an address which searches the global address book.

rcbjr 08-04-2006 10:41 PM

As said use once is no longer shown. All you have to do is in the TO: field just start typing the PIN and press enter when finished. Works just like use once.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

mendes9 08-06-2006 02:16 PM

Ok, when I just type the pin #, in the 1st TO: line it says

TO:[No matches: 4013aab7
TO
Cc:

When I then hit the trackwheel, on the pull down menu there is no SEND option.

aristobrat 08-06-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendes9
When I try to send a pin message, I do a compose pin, and then it has the look up, (I'm on a BES), but "use once" option is gone, it only searches our corporate GAL. Searched, but can't find how to get this back.. Verizon 7250 ver. 4.1 software. Thanks

Had the same problem on a 7130e. Wiping the handheld fixed it.

BERDucky 08-06-2006 03:12 PM

your doing a look-up in your address book
before you hit enter after entering a PIN make sure the option of "pin" is selected - not "lookup"

joginder 08-06-2006 05:19 PM

why dont you start composing a new email or PIN address from messages or from address book and then it gives you option to [USE ONCE]

aristobrat 08-06-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERDucky
your doing a look-up in your address book
before you hit enter after entering a PIN make sure the option of "pin" is selected - not "lookup"

If the OPs BlackBerry was like mine, the option of "pin" didn't appear on the menu (until I wiped it)...

d_fisher 08-06-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joginder
why dont you start composing a new email or PIN address from messages or from address book and then it gives you option to [USE ONCE]

That is the whole point of the orginal question, its missing. USE ONCE is only an option if your using v4.0 or below.

mendes9 08-08-2006 11:47 AM

That was the answer.. THANKS!! (y)

mister.zero 08-08-2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_fisher
That is the whole point of the orginal question, its missing. USE ONCE is only an option if your using v4.0 or below.

OK, I'm prepared to be struck by lightning, but I still have the [Use Once] option on my BB and I'm running 4.1. We are talking about the option at the top of the contact list after you hit "C" in the message screen, right?

Have mercy on me, d_fisher. I am but a humble student here :smile:

d_fisher 08-08-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mister.zero
OK, I'm prepared to be struck by lightning, but I still have the [Use Once] option on my BB and I'm running 4.1. We are talking about the option at the top of the contact list after you hit "C" in the message screen, right?

Have mercy on me, d_fisher. I am but a humble student here :smile:

Yeah, that is what we are talking about. That is strange that it is still an option for you. Did you upgrade your handheld from 4.0 to 4.1? That is the only thing I can think of. I don't see it on any 4.1 device I have around me. But I never upgrade, I format and reload the OS from scratch.

mister.zero 08-08-2006 01:13 PM

Anything beyond a month in the past is dim and fuzzy, but yes, I'm pretty sure I just upgraded from 4.0 and didn't start over from scratch.

Now I wonder if wiping and loading the 4.1 OS will unleash new and wonderful capabilities on my BB? I'll probably do that the same time I finally get around to getting a local phone number (it's been a year since I moved). I just have this unreasoning fear of someone (Sprint or myself) screwing up my blackberry and destroying my happiness ;-)

option94 08-08-2006 01:36 PM

I still have the use once option. Never upgraded. Just bought a 7130c.