BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Blackberry torrents (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=92242)

had2haveit 08-26-2007 03:36 AM

Blackberry torrents

**** This is not the place for warez/pirated materials. ****
**** Please do not post links to copyrighted materials. ****
- d_fisher
Ok no torrent links allowed so if anyone is interested please pm me for the links. Hopefully i'll find an easy way to share access to all. Would links to a bt tracker be allowed?

These are optimized for viewing on the blackberry. Just a couple favs for now. Please seed these ones and add you own. More to come from me!!

bauer1979 08-26-2007 03:46 AM

Question

The site says registration is CLOSED and invite is needed...

had2haveit 08-26-2007 04:18 AM

You should't have to join to dl those, just to browse other ones. I'll use another tracker if people have trouble with demonoid. For now I can offer a couple invites for any members interested. Just pm me for the invite just please seed!!

had2haveit 08-26-2007 04:35 AM

They should work now. Please try and comment.

akosnitzky 08-26-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by had2haveit (Post 645624)
**** This is not the place for warez/pirated materials. ****
**** Please do not post links to copyrighted materials. ****
- d_fisher

I use torrents which much success. Are these links for purchase or share files?

had2haveit 08-26-2007 12:55 PM

No charge, share em up. I wasn't seeding due to I was updating the os on my berry and fell asleep. They should go fine now. Just please seed so I can share em faster.

had2haveit 08-27-2007 10:01 PM

Any feedback yet? Any requests for something? If these go well I got alot more I can put up. Just give me some suggestions on here and i'll see what I can do about putting it up. If noone bites then I'll assume there is less demand for blackberry format movies than I thought.

nimocone 08-28-2007 02:40 AM

What kind of library do you have? I like Sci-fi and war movies. 300 by chance?

cayzac 08-28-2007 05:00 AM

Dumb, dumb question....but what exactly are torrents? Can I simply click the link on my Berry or PC or what? Thanks.

swerveit 08-28-2007 05:18 AM

maybe im being a dinlo, but DL them and both my BB and PC dont rec the format....? am i missing something?

had2haveit 08-28-2007 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimocone (Post 648003)
What kind of library do you have? I like Sci-fi and war movies. 300 by chance?

If 300 is the movie i'm thinking of good call!!! Pretty much I can grab whatever people want. I wanna get people to start grabbing torrents for their berries like ipod people swarm to ipod torrents. If everyone interested in free quality movies on their berries grabs a movie they like and seeds for a little instead of just snatch and grabbing em, pretty soon we'll have a nice database of berry formatted movies. I can't do it alone though. I NEED SEEDERS. Anyone I find leeching these files will be banned from any future seeding from me. 300 I can do as soon as I have a few seeds. After that how about hostel 2?

swerveit 08-28-2007 05:30 AM

had2haveit what do i have to do to view these on my BB? Downloaded what seems to be a file but nothing is recognised... seems like a small file to? must be a high compresion rate?

had2haveit 08-28-2007 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swerveit (Post 648041)
maybe im being a dinlo, but DL them and both my BB and PC dont rec the format....? am i missing something?

You need to open them in a torrent program such as azureus or bitlord (both free use google) then they'll start to download. After you download it's your responsibility to leave the file seeding for as long as you can (at least 2:1 please). If your totally new to torrent downloading don't worry it's pretty simple. I think most people will agree bittorrent is the most popular and fastest (when people respect the swarm) way to get pretty much any media you want.

swerveit 08-28-2007 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by had2haveit (Post 648048)
You need to open them in a torrent program such as azureus or bitlord (both free use google) then they'll start to download. After you download it's your responsibility to leave the file seeding for as long as you can (at least 2:1 please). If your totally new to torrent downloading don't worry it's pretty simple. I think most people will agree bittorrent is the most popular and fastest (when people respect the swarm) way to get pretty much any media you want.

cool cool... il check it now and see what happens, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

cayzac 08-28-2007 05:34 AM

had2haveit,
Give me a quick tutorial on torrents. What is it? I've clicked on the link from my berry and I'm not sure if its doing anything. My browser still says "Requesting" and the bar has moved all the way over to the right. Do I need something special? How large are these files? Thanks for helping a "torrent newbie".

had2haveit 08-28-2007 05:42 AM

BTW somebody with the ip 62.---.---.-- I see you just finished the ATHF download. TY and please continue seeding. This is a small group here and if we do this right we all will be happy.

had2haveit 08-28-2007 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cayzac (Post 648051)
had2haveit,
Give me a quick tutorial on torrents. What is it? I've clicked on the link from my berry and I'm not sure if its doing anything. My browser still says "Requesting" and the bar has moved all the way over to the right. Do I need something special? How large are these files? Thanks for helping a "torrent newbie".

OK first off you gotta be on a pc. Second your gonna need a program to download the files.

If your java version may be out of date install the latest edition here before you install Azureus
Download Java software from Sun Microsystems
Then install Azurues here.
SourceForge.net: Downloading ...

Once that is installed you should be able to click on the links above and downloads will start.

had2haveit 08-28-2007 05:57 AM

If your new to torrents you gonna want to find a good tracker. Trackers are basically websites that host the torrent files. Torrents are basically just info that tells your client (azureus) What file you're downloading. The file itself is gonna come to you from other people such as you and me that are seeding it. If you do a quick google search you'll prob understand it better. I'll answer any questions I can for ya I just think wicki or google can explain the basics easier than I could.

Dawg 08-28-2007 06:17 AM

also if you use torrents make sure you have a good anti virus and make sure you know where its coming from.

cayzac 08-28-2007 03:21 PM

Great info, thanks alot!