BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Music: how does it get into the Torch?? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=240595)

samos 11-25-2010 11:39 PM

Music: how does it get into the Torch??

This is really a pretty basic and stupid question ... but how do you get music onto the Torch? ... using Itunes or some program like that?

And how does the Torch compare with the Iphone for listening to music?

Thanks so much.

lee_bruice 11-26-2010 03:59 AM

Re: Music: how does it get into the Torch??

You can download from Internet or use bluetooth. I dont have a iphone, so no comparsion.

aiharkness 11-26-2010 08:12 AM

Probably the most simple way to copy from a computer to the BlackBerry is to enable mass storage mode in options, connect to the computer via USB, and drag and drop from the music folder to the micro SD card on the device. Another option as far as music on the computer would be to use the media sync feature in Desktop Manager.

You might look at blackberryfaq.com for tips.

I can't help with itunes.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

jcp007 11-26-2010 10:35 AM

If you want to just listen and not download, Pandora or Slacker Radio are two good app choices and they are free.

SteveO86 11-26-2010 11:37 AM

You can also try installing the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and running the BlackBerry media sync. But their are a few more steps involved with this compared to just copying the music over.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

DZD 11-26-2010 01:26 PM

As previously mentioned, you have a couple of choices:

1. Plug in the USB device from your Torch to a PC - you will be prompted to enter Mass Storage Mode so that you can copy and paste music from your PC to the Torch.

2. Download the Desktop Manager and use the synch option from there. I used to avoid using Desktop Manager but the recent releases are nice and they do allow you to synch music you have on your PC (whether you have them on your PC via iTunes or Windows Media).

3. Another new feature is the wireless synch. I haven't played with this yet - but when you use Desktop Manager and you select this option - in the future - if your PC is on and your blackberry is on and they are both on the same wifi network (i.e. wifi at home) - you can access the music on your PC from the blackberry and download it. This is handy when you download music to your PC in the future - you don't have to "connect" the blackberry via a cable to sync music.

My wife has an iPhone and I have a blackberry - the Apple offering has always had a nicer and easier UI - with OS 6 though I find the two comparable.

Enjoy.