BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   7130e Extended Battery, Tried It? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=33469)

silencer1981 04-27-2006 10:00 AM

7130e Extended Battery, Tried It?

My only complaint about my 7130e is the battery, $90.00 canadian for the new extended life one, so I was wondering if anyone has one, how long it lasts before I slap down my hard earned lunch money

eppey 04-27-2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silencer1981
My only complaint about my 7130e is the battery, $90.00 canadian for the new extended life one, so I was wondering if anyone has one, how long it lasts before I slap down my hard earned lunch money

I know that Ebay has OEM BB batteries for a lot less. I can't say that I have seen the extended ones though.

baconismidog 04-27-2006 12:20 PM

We have 5 users right now with the 7130e. The battery life on the standard battery is UNACCEPTABLE. It will last, with default setting, only ~ 10 hours at the best. With the extended battery, however, it lasts a full day with some battery to spare.

We have decided that the extended battery is the way to make the 7130e the perfect blackberry.

I highly, highly recommend it. The thing is not twice as big physically but gives twice the battery life and, as far as usability goes, 10x the value to the device.

Added benefit --> it looks like the hood scoop on a 69 Stingray.

eppey 04-27-2006 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconismidog
We have 5 users right now with the 7130e. The battery life on the standard battery is UNACCEPTABLE. It will last, with default setting, only ~ 10 hours at the best. With the extended battery, however, it lasts a full day with some battery to spare.

We have decided that the extended battery is the way to make the 7130e the perfect blackberry.

I highly, highly recommend it. The thing is not twice as big physically but gives twice the battery life and, as far as usability goes, 10x the value to the device.

Added benefit --> it looks like the hood scoop on a 69 Stingray.

Am I one of the only people with a 7130e that has acceptable battery life? I receive and send probaby 50 pieces of mail a day and talk on the phone for probably two hours and find that I have plenty of battery life at the end of the day. I do charge the device every night as I know that I won't make it all the way through the next day.

thechief16 04-28-2006 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eppey
Am I one of the only people with a 7130e that has acceptable battery life? I receive and send probaby 50 pieces of mail a day and talk on the phone for probably two hours and find that I have plenty of battery life at the end of the day. I do charge the device every night as I know that I won't make it all the way through the next day.

No, youre not the only one.

A lot of it depends on what programs you have running. PocketDay was a battery killer for my 7130, so i deleted it. It was useful, but not worth the lessened battery life.

With Pocket Day, I could sometimes make it 2 days without charging. Without Pocket day, i can usually do 3 days.

10 hours is absurd. Obviously you either have a bad battery, or a bunch of battery-sucking programs running (IM software, etc.).

baconismidog 04-28-2006 10:47 AM

You know what? I bet you are right. The default image I use for our Blackberries includes Notifylink because I have to sync my GroupWise (and have had to for a long time, BES was not an option until very recently)

I know that it is a total resource hog (takes as MUCH as it can every time), but since it was a common gripe on the forums that the 7130e had crappy battery life I thought I was just experiencing the same. It makes sense that it would also murder my battery...

I will drop the Notifylink client from one of the units and give it a go. It may be a while, but I will get back to this thread with my findings.

>>theChief - all my units have the same battery life, so it is not hardware. The only third party app is Notifylink (save VNC on my tech units).

I can't wait to get BES...

Thanks guys

ina-nyminute 04-28-2006 06:48 PM

My battery life is poor too, worse then my nextel 7510.
I get about a day.
I don't have any third party apps either. (os version= 4.1.0.117).
I can live with it(poor batt life) because I have a total of 3 phones, when one gets low I switch.8-).
Also I use my 7130 for tethering, so the 7130 gets charged by my laptop then.

gdpmumin 04-28-2006 07:46 PM

Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ina-nyminute
I get about a day.
I can live with it(poor batt life) because I have a total of 3 phones, when one gets low I switch.8-).

Any reason you haven't upgraded the OS?

gdpmumin 04-28-2006 08:28 PM

Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ina-nyminute
I get about a day.

ALinBC 04-28-2006 11:39 PM

If you are in a marginal signal area he battery gets sucked dry much faster.

ina-nyminute 04-29-2006 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdpmumin

I thought .117 was new.
Maybe I'll look into that, thanks.

ina-nyminute 04-29-2006 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALinBC

That's not the case in my area, I would guess that the area I'm in probably has the best evdo coverage in the country.
(NYC,central jersey,philadelphia). I get evdo coverage almost everywhere.

btw, in case this helps anybody;
I often take the NJT train from NYC (penn station) to Trenton,I use my 7130 as a modem for my little 12 inch dell laptop and I get good evdo coverage almost the entire ride except between new brunswick & Princeton. Works great, best $15 I ever spent.

two-gun kid 04-29-2006 06:30 AM

anyone have a pic of what the battery cover looks like for the extended battery for a 7100

rohardi 04-29-2006 09:21 AM

I get about 2+ days of regular use with the standard battery. But if it didn't look bad,and add much size I would add the extended battery. Can you still use the oem holster?????
Can you post pics????

Added benefit --> it looks like the hood scoop on a 69 Stingray.[/QUOTE]

pote 04-29-2006 10:19 AM

Unfortunately, I've spent the last 8 days in a hospital with my dad. The very weak signal in this biulding has been killing my battery. Other things you can do for the battery is turn off the GPS (location services) turn off the green and red blinkers and keep it in the holster (turns the screen off).

ffejie 04-30-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALinBC

Agreed. My work building has AWFUL reception, specifically, my cube is really in and out. Because the signal is constantly switching from good to bad to ugly, I have a lot of trouble keeping the battery life over 10-14 hours without doing much talking on it at all.

However, on the weekends (when I talk on it much more) or when I am in a different office with perfect reception, I can go at least 2 days.