BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How I Fixed My "JVM 102 ERROR" (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=40950)

mansa 07-14-2006 04:23 PM

How I Fixed My "JVM 102 ERROR"

I just installed a file, and after the install, it gave me the JVM 102 error.

This is what I did to fix it.

1) Plug BlackBerry into USB into COMPUTER
2) Went to my provider's website, went to support, went to BlackBerry, went to BlackBerry Software, which linked me to the BlackBerry website, where I downloaded the latest version of the BlackBerry OS for my device.
3) Ran the downloaded file, and installed the latest version of the BlackBerry OS.
4) Loaded up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software program, then the Application Loader
5) Clicked NEXT, then NEXT, then went to ADD
6) I added the offending file(s) to the Application Loader. (Because they weren't showing up in the Application List)
7) I unchecked the file(s) to make them remove it from my device. (Because they caused my device to crash!)
8) I checked next, next, and finish.

Low and Behold! I got rid of it.

r007r 10-01-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mansa
I just installed a file, and after the install, it gave me the JVM 102 error.

This is what I did to fix it.

1) Plug BlackBerry into USB into COMPUTER
2) Went to my provider's website, went to support, went to BlackBerry, went to BlackBerry Software, which linked me to the BlackBerry website, where I downloaded the latest version of the BlackBerry OS for my device.
3) Ran the downloaded file, and installed the latest version of the BlackBerry OS.
4) Loaded up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software program, then the Application Loader
5) Clicked NEXT, then NEXT, then went to ADD
6) I added the offending file(s) to the Application Loader. (Because they weren't showing up in the Application List)
7) I unchecked the file(s) to make them remove it from my device. (Because they caused my device to crash!)
8) I checked next, next, and finish.

Low and Behold! I got rid of it.

102 means that there is an "Invalid code in filesystem". You can either get rid of the application or reload the entire OS. Something was corrupted on the device.

This will resolve several other error codes as well:
blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/796557/800708/800647/What_Is_-_JVM_error_codes.html?nodeid=800443

mmaraschio 10-29-2006 05:15 PM

Thanks, It Worked For Me Too !!!

I followed exactly the steps you posted and I got rid of the problem !!! Thank you very much !!!

drhink 11-06-2006 06:02 PM

After installing an upgrade to a custom app from my employer, my 7250 wouldn't reboot and I got the 'JVM 102 ERROR". Damn dirty apes!

I tried the steps above with no luck. The only thing I could do was a re-install of the RIM OS (4.1). I had to use the procedure described at
blackberry dot com

/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/7919/8125/How_To_-_Run_Application_Loader_when_the_device_does_not_c onnect_.html?nodeid=745015&vernum=0

I had to reload everything from scratch, then restore data from my backup. Bummer.