BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   PLEASE help me im ready to throw this thing into a wall !!! GRR !! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=16060)

cocoaone 09-24-2005 05:49 PM

Catastrophic reset... 7100t --PLEASE HELP--

Hi there friends :)
I have a BB 7100t T-Mobile, UNLOCKED, using a ROGERS SIM. A couple days ago, the device decided to stop working, giving me a "Catastrophi... RESET" message and nothing else. So I read in the forums about upgrading the firmware, and I started to follow the steps, and NOW the darn thing WONT DO ANYTHING... I mean it wont turn on, wont be detected by the handheld installer it says halfway through, fatal connection error... screen is black and the LED keeps flashing (red/orange i cant tell cuz i havent seen both colors yet) two consecutive flashes and a pause... etc.. HELP im SOOO frustrated ive been trying to fix it all day, and im not un-technical myself, but im baffled...

AlbertoM 09-24-2005 06:32 PM

OK, this is a SWAG only. Take the battery out. This is the same thing as a PDA reset. Wait a minute or two. Replace battery and try to update the thing again. I had something similar and this worked, but YMMV.

T-Roy 09-24-2005 06:35 PM

ooo 2 flashes and a pause... thats a bootrom error, I think its done.

cocoaone 09-24-2005 06:52 PM

SERIOUSLY ?! there must be something that can be done !!

cocoaone 09-24-2005 06:54 PM

NOPE removing the battery has NO EFFECT

AlbertoM 09-24-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocoaone
NOPE removing the battery has NO EFFECT

Dang. I am out of ideas here other than return to BlackBerry (not TMobile or Rogers) and see what they can do. Unless the Wisdom of this Forum come up with better collective idea, you have nothing to lose - at this point you have a paperweight...... :sad: :sad:

cocoaone 09-24-2005 08:22 PM

GRRR... someone out there MUST know SOMETHING !? and i bought it used will blackberry service it ?

KonTiki 09-24-2005 08:36 PM

I agree approach RIMM, maybe it is still under warranty and you can have it replaced, otherwise as the fellow suggested you have a fancy paperweight.

AlbertoM 09-24-2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

GRRR... someone out there MUST know SOMETHING !? and i bought it used will blackberry service it ?

You have nothing to lose. At this point you have a paperweight, or as we say in amateur radio, a boat anchor.... :)

Simple on off flow chart:

They will either service or not.

If they do NOT service, you are where you are now.

If they DO service it,
they will either do it free, in which case you are golden -

or charge you - in which case you will have some decisions to make.

Go for it. The very worst that can happen is where you are right now.

(But wait until you know before you throw it against the wall!!)

cocoaone 09-24-2005 09:17 PM

LOL... I know, I was only kidding, I'm not gonna throw it, but this sucks... hopefully i can figure SOMETHING out, if I havent by monday morning, I'll call Blackberry and find out what my options are .. :(

AlbertoM 09-24-2005 10:24 PM

Quote:

LOL... I know, I was only kidding, I'm not gonna throw it, but this sucks... hopefully i can figure SOMETHING out, if I havent by monday morning, I'll call Blackberry and find out what my options are .. :(

I know you were kidding. Besides, a hammer is much more fun!!!! (y) :smile:

Azeke 09-24-2005 11:19 PM

Uninstall the software (also remove the vendor.xml), reinstall the software including SP1, install the newest firmware. Then try to upgrade the firmware it took a couple of tries, but that worked for me.

Good luck,

Arman

cocoaone 09-27-2005 10:49 PM

I have sent the unit for repair...

thank you all for your wonderful help and support... I have sent the unit in for repair as it is indeed still under warranty... .. lets hope it works out :)

ToneBoogie 09-28-2005 06:50 AM

Good Luck with that cocoaone!!! :)