BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   At&t (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=232699)

michael12005 08-07-2010 09:56 AM

At&t

I love BlackBerry and would have looked at the new Torch but there is no way I would ever switch from Verizon to AT & T. I do not understand why RIM chose AT & T because they are now going head to head with the sole carrier of the iPhone. They should have gone with Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint and that would have made the Torch a huge seller for RIM and blown the iPhone into oblivioin!

NJBlackBerry 08-07-2010 10:31 AM

Maybe you could send your suggestions to [email address]

palomartian 08-07-2010 03:41 PM

I seriously doubt the 9800 would be blowing the iPhone into the next room, let alone oblivion, regardless of carrier. To understand the popularity of iPhone, it helps to have context. Here is some: According to the most recent presidential polling numbers, 53% of voters are brain dead. Also, where I live, work, and play, Verizon coverage sucks, T-Mobile is a cruel joke, and Sprint's bureaucracy is un-navigable. So as much as I despise everything about ATT, they are the only practical solution for my communication needs. To be fair, they have done ok by me this go 'round.

NJBlackBerry 08-07-2010 03:46 PM

Just don't hold the iPhone the wrong way and everything's fine.

palomartian 08-07-2010 04:56 PM

My kid just replaced his iPhone and put money in his pocket doing it. Picture this, a 12 year old buys a phone, uses it for 2 years, sells it, and has money left over after buying the new one. iphone is definitely the best move for 12 year olds.

SunCatalyst 08-09-2010 09:28 PM

iphone is ok... i had one and switched to the BB 9700...

phone side is a sorry peice of POS...

Apps are cool , but i hated Itunes.

VRaptor 08-09-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael12005 (Post 1637749)
I love BlackBerry and would have looked at the new Torch but there is no way I would ever switch from Verizon to AT & T. I do not understand why RIM chose AT & T because they are now going head to head with the sole carrier of the iPhone. They should have gone with Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint and that would have made the Torch a huge seller for RIM and blown the iPhone into oblivioin!

But on the other hand, I'm with ATT so I'm glad they did8-)

ckinglam 08-10-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palomartian (Post 1637790)
My kid just replaced his iPhone and put money in his pocket doing it. Picture this, a 12 year old buys a phone, uses it for 2 years, sells it, and has money left over after buying the new one. iphone is definitely the best move for 12 year olds.

Agree. iPhone are definitely best for 12 years old....lol

ezrunner 08-12-2010 12:30 AM

ATT is GSM as is the majority of the worlds Mobile networks! Makes plenty of sense to fill the GSM market! CDMA networks are very few globally
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

MM57677 09-01-2010 02:37 PM

I used to have Verizon and gladly switched to AT&T about 2 years ago. I prefer AT&T over any of my previous carriers but I have to agree that the Torch, while a really cool concept, is in no danger of blowing away the iPhone. It's not a knock agains the Torch, they just appeal to different markets.