BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Blackberry Pearl radio stays off (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=234086)

whiiteyyy 08-21-2010 06:10 PM

Blackberry Pearl radio stays off

Hi, I've been living with this (broken?) blackberry for the past 1-2 years, and it's been having a severe problem for 9 months so far.

The first thing I did was try a software update.
Also, disregard the 'Model 7100T' info on the left, I do not know what model my pearl is (it's an early model) so I just guessed.

At first, during the first 1-2 months, it was the common problem.. the radio would turn itself off after a while, and I had to put the "Manage Connections" on my home page to have quick access to turn it back on.

During the 3-5 month periods, it would turn off every few minutes, but never during phone calls.

Now, for the past 3 or 4 months, I had to keep the "Manage Connections" page open, so I would get texts (while I read/reply to the text, the radio would turn off automatically, and I would have to save my text 'As Draft', go to my "Manage Connections" page, turn it back on, go back to my text draft and resend), but I cannot call anybody on it without the connecting disconnecting after 2 seconds, causing my blackberry to warm up alot in my pocket, and burn through a fresh battery within 6 hours.

Also, within the past month, I have been recieving texts in a delayed manor of between 5 minutes and 12 hours.

Should I just replace the phone or is there no way around this problem?

Thanks

-Justin

TheRinger 08-22-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiiteyyy (Post 1644912)
Hi, I've been living with this (broken?) blackberry for the past 1-2 years, and it's been having a severe problem for 9 months so far.

The first thing I did was try a software update.
Also, disregard the 'Model 7100T' info on the left, I do not know what model my pearl is (it's an early model) so I just guessed.

At first, during the first 1-2 months, it was the common problem.. the radio would turn itself off after a while, and I had to put the "Manage Connections" on my home page to have quick access to turn it back on.

During the 3-5 month periods, it would turn off every few minutes, but never during phone calls.

Now, for the past 3 or 4 months, I had to keep the "Manage Connections" page open, so I would get texts (while I read/reply to the text, the radio would turn off automatically, and I would have to save my text 'As Draft', go to my "Manage Connections" page, turn it back on, go back to my text draft and resend), but I cannot call anybody on it without the connecting disconnecting after 2 seconds, causing my blackberry to warm up alot in my pocket, and burn through a fresh battery within 6 hours.

Also, within the past month, I have been recieving texts in a delayed manor of between 5 minutes and 12 hours.

Should I just replace the phone or is there no way around this problem?

Thanks

-Justin

You should have replaced it 9 months ago.......

whiiteyyy 08-23-2010 03:56 AM

Really?? All the help I can get in days ?

Wow .