BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Searching for best Blackberry wireless plan in Ohio (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=117208)

aromes 02-11-2008 04:57 PM

Searching for best Blackberry wireless plan in Ohio

Hi,
To avoid going through each phone company's website, could someone recommend some comeptitive blackberry wireless plan packages in Ohio?
Thanks

aiharkness 02-11-2008 05:21 PM

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

My advice is first figure out which carrier provides the best coverage where you live and work.

kjjb0204 02-11-2008 05:25 PM

I second that. Find the best carrier for you in terms of plans, pricing and coverage. Then worry about their data plans....

johnling 02-11-2008 06:13 PM

T-Mobile was fantastic for me. I lived there for 47 years. 42 years in the Dover/New Phila area (30 miles south of Canton) and 5 years in North Olmstead (15 miles west of Cleveland). I have been with Tmo for 19 years through so many name changes I cannot begin to put them in the correct order or remember them all. Through everyday use in Ohio and now in Michigan I can't complain about one day. Travel from North America to South America, Hawaii to Maine has been the same great service. In my first phone the battery alone was larger than a VHS tape.

Anyway, give them a serious look. 20 bucks unlimited BB data. I have the Family plan 2000 minutes 100 bucks. Good service, easy phone upgrades, I'm not changing anytime soon. Also, Tmo does not cripple their devices. Example, if your phone has GPS it works, no additional charges. And, I don't work for Tmo nor do I know anyone that does.

OK, enough from me. Tmo will be beating my door down to make a TV commercial for them if I go on anymore.

kjjb0204 02-11-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnling (Post 831297)
T-Mobile was fantastic for me. I lived there for 47 years. 42 years in the Dover/New Phila area (30 miles south of Canton) and 5 years in North Olmstead (15 miles west of Cleveland). I have been with Tmo for 19 years through so many name changes I cannot begin to put them in the correct order or remember them all. Through everyday use in Ohio and now in Michigan I can't complain about one day. Travel from North America to South America, Hawaii to Maine has been the same great service. In my first phone the battery alone was larger than a VHS tape.

Anyway, give them a serious look. 20 bucks unlimited BB data. I have the Family plan 2000 minutes 100 bucks. Good service, easy phone upgrades, I'm not changing anytime soon. Also, Tmo does not cripple their devices. Example, if your phone has GPS it works, no additional charges. And, I don't work for Tmo nor do I know anyone that does.

OK, enough from me. Tmo will be beating my door down to make a TV commercial for them if I go on anymore.

It's funny how user experiences vary so much, even in the same regions. I had Tmo for a few months here in NH and traveling around New England every week. Coverage was absolutely horrible. Have Verizon now, never dropped a single call, never once out of coverage area.

jacobsaa 02-11-2008 08:33 PM

It all depends on the coverage, I agree. However, T-Mobile does have the best Data plan pricing and Minutes and Data Packages. Take a look at the coverage in your area. I have spent time in many parts of Ohio, Toledo, Marion, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Athens, Akron, Columbus and a few smaller locations, and the coverage was great for me.

aromes 02-12-2008 01:45 PM

Thanks so much Gents

Thanks so much Gents for all your helpful tips.
Real appreciate.