BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   KPN sim used on BES but I want BIS account (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=134338)

nldirkz1 06-10-2008 06:22 AM

KPN sim used on BES but I want BIS account

I am stuck and hope sombody has a smart solution:

I have a black berry pearl on a BES. I have removed the corporate IT policy so it is free/open. Now I want to register it with BIS ( I do not care for my corporate email, hence removed the IT policy). I have tried to register the account with the telco provider issuing my corporate sim with the providers BIS portal but the site does not except it the registration (after entering pin/emei). It just gives an error. The main reason is on the BES I do not get all services books I need and would get on BIS account.

Any otherway of uploading services books to a BB other than OTA?

many thanks,

Berry One 06-10-2008 06:50 AM

What error do you receive and which BIS site you try to register your device on?

JerryD 06-10-2008 07:37 AM

If you successfully removed IT Policy, you no longer have any connection to the BES. This is because to successfully remove IT Policy, you must first wipe the device (Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> (Menu) --> Wipe Handheld).

You can verify this by going to Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books. All service books associated with your BES account start with "Desktop[".

More than likely your PIN is still registered to your old provider / phone number. You must get the PIN released by the old provider before it can be used on another existing or new BIS account.

nldirkz1 06-10-2008 07:49 AM

I actually have a dual sim (two sims with the same telephone number). One I use permantly with my office blackberry on BES. In the weekend I use my second blackberry of which the IT policy is removed with the second sim.

When I try to make an account with BIS inputting my BES connected phone pin/emei it says "an account already exsists". This I guess is not strange.

When try to make a BIS account with my second BB phone which is not on BES, I get something like "unable to make an account". I will check tonight again for the exact message. Somehow I think that the sims on a BES do not have a dataplan like you get on a BIS or may something else...

I need the BIS services books to use my second BB phone (a pearl) DUN with my pda.

Berry One 06-10-2008 11:17 AM

>When I try to make an account with BIS inputting my BES connected phone pin/emei it says "an account already exsists". This I guess is not strange.

That means someone already created BIS account for your BES device. If it was not you, it is strange.
Use 'forgot password' link on BIS web page and see what password will it bring to your BES device from BIS.

>When try to make a BIS account with my second BB phone which is not on BES, I get something like "unable to make an account".

I wonder where did you get your second BB phone from?