BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Back up Data to SIM? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=8720)

spraven 05-19-2005 06:20 PM

Back up Data to SIM?

I bought a used BB 7280 and have been using it as a PIM for a few weeks. I just got a new SIM card that has never been used. For some reason, I was under the understanding that I could back up my Data (Phone Book, etc) to my SIM card. If this is possible, can someone let me know how?

Thanks,

ScottP

coreyg510 05-19-2005 06:24 PM

Try doing a search, you can probably dig up some good info

spraven 05-19-2005 06:26 PM

I did try to search, but did not come up with anything conclusive. :(

coreyg510 05-19-2005 06:35 PM

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...&highlight=sim

One out of two aint bad. As far as pin messages go, I couldnt find anyway, but that doesnt mean that there isnt

spraven 05-19-2005 06:37 PM

Yeah, I saw this one, but it is backward from what I need to do. I cannot get my Desktop Software to detect my BB so I wanted to save the Data to my SIM before I do a Hard Reset.

coreyg510 05-19-2005 06:44 PM

If i am understanding you correctly (you wish to SAVE your contacts to your sim card correct?) that link should allow you to do so. as far as a hard reset goes, your data should still be there when you reboot your BB. I have several email messages and sms's and i just did a hard reset to make sure and they are all still there. saving on the sim is a good idea for contacts,( like i said, i couldnt find any options for saving pin or other emails,) if you want to take your sim and move it to another phone. The phone has flash memory which means even in a hard reset all info stays there

spraven 05-19-2005 06:54 PM

Thanks, that's good to know :)

Pasta 11-28-2005 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyg510
If i am understanding you correctly (you wish to SAVE your contacts to your sim card correct?) that link should allow you to do so.

That link shows you how to bring over your Contacts from your SIM Card to your BB Address Book.

I'm not sure if this is what he was looking for but I'm trying to find out how I can bring my Address Book Contacts to the SIM card, if possible.

dranger 11-28-2005 02:52 PM

I'm curious too. I can't figure out phone to SIM (at least not without copy/paste).

roofus 11-28-2005 03:00 PM

You can only do it one at a time.

You can only do telephone numbers.

If you have a big address book they may all not fit on the card.

Here's how:
1. go to contact
2. place cursor on the phone nember
3.select "copy to SIM Phone Book"

very tedious - don't know of easier way but it may be possible.

Pasta 11-28-2005 10:06 PM

Damn, that's not good.

southwestcomm 11-28-2005 11:19 PM

SIM cards are limited - 250 to 600 entries at most. They don't support saving of other PIM items.

jontalotta 11-29-2005 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta
Damn, that's not good.

There are companies that sell SIM card managers that are supposed to do what you want. Do a Yahoo! search for "SIM card manager". For example, Zio Corp sells a FoneMate (click HERE), which I purchased from Amazon.com (click HERE), but have yet to get to work properly.

I wrote a post complaining about this device a few months ago, but I think the only comments I got were directed at the fact that I didn't post the thread in the correct section on this site....(okay, so it was my first post!). :smile:

JT

Pasta 11-29-2005 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jontalotta
There are companies that sell SIM card managers that are supposed to do what you want. Do a Yahoo! search for "SIM card manager". For example, Zio Corp sells a FoneMate (click HERE), which I purchased from Amazon.com (click HERE), but have yet to get to work properly.

I wrote a post complaining about this device a few months ago, but I think the only comments I got were directed at the fact that I didn't post the thread in the correct section on this site....(okay, so it was my first post!). :smile:

JT

Interesting. Thanks for the info! (y)