BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Sponsor Promotions/Savings! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=14034)

Stiwi 08-23-2006 07:55 AM

T-Mobile Germany --> questions

having read a lot about ExchangeMyMail in blackberryforums.com, I am intrigued by theirs plans/pricing and service.

But there are quite a few questions, I wrote them to EMM directly but maybe other members have some answers as well.

Q1: I live in Germany, intend to start with T-Mobile Germany a new contract. What do I need? They offer for example relax100 (which I need anyway, 100 Minutes free, duration 24months) and in addition options like data5 (5MB), data30 (30MB). Is 5 MB enough to start with? Those options have a contract duration of 3 months, so are easily cancelled and changed. With Relax 100 they sell the Blackberry 8700g for 160€. Do I have to worry about Prosumer / Enterprise 8700? As it is branded T-Mobile, do I need any software, browser, … Do I need anything else from T-Mobile?

Q2: I sign up STANDARD PLAN (9,99$) and BLACKBERRY SERVICE (9,99$) with EMM. Anything else? How about billing? VAT = MWSt in Germany, is it included? Does it appear in monthly bills? Is it easy to cancel the contracts? Within 1-2 months? Just in case I need something else, it is not what I hoped for, …

Q3: We live at the border to Switzerland and Austria. I have a cell phone in Switzerland as well (different number, SWISSCOM). Is it possible to change sim-cards easily and quickly? Roaming here is very very (!) expensive. Do blackberrys support dual sim adapters? Any ideas how to handle that problem? eg. holidays in Spain: roaming (data) would cost a fortune. Can it be turned off?

Q4: Our domain is at 1und1.de. I found 1&1 Control Center --> Mailserver (MX-Eintrag). Is it possible to change my account (stefan@kanzlei.....) whereas my partners (partner@kanzlei...) emails stay with 1und1? If I use eg. stiwi @ goemm . com is it possible to receive abc @ gmx . net and to reply as abc @ gmx . net as this is a differnet mail account? How do I do this ? Forwarding?

Q5: Which is the best way to enter my data (mainly contacts and calendar)? Is there a good outlook2003 guide available? Can my data be stored and later used with my private Outlook2003 (without hosted exchange)?

Q6: Public Folders: does that mean someone else (eg. partner) can enter appointments into my calendar? Can it be done?

I hope this is not too annoying for you. I am really interested, but need to solve those “problems”…

THANKS!!
Greetings from Lake Constance
Stiwi

AnthroMatt 09-09-2006 10:55 AM

Wirelessly posted (7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Well it is my turn to post about the great customer service I received!

Dave deserves extra thanks for putting up with all my stupid questions during the setup process!

Thanks again!

danedel 09-15-2006 11:16 PM

After reading this and several other threads about BES, providers, and EMM, This is probably a very basic question, but I want to cover my bases.

I am defiantly going to get the EMM services. (faster web browsing, true push email)
I also understand that I need a blackberry plan from my provider (Cingular)

My question is this, Will it matter which blackberry plan I get from Cingular? Should I get the unlimited plan? The 5MB (or so) plan?

If I use the web browsing/ third party apps a lot, will it make a difference to Cingular with the EMM services (Standard 9.99 + Blackberry service 9.99) as to how much data I am using? Or will I just need xxx8216;somexxx8217; type of blackberry plan from Cingular. I am sorry if this is a basic question, but this is somewhat confusing with all these systems :-)

AnthroMatt 09-16-2006 01:36 AM

I'd think the unlimited plan is a must...but I'm not sure. All Sprint offers is Unlimited or nothing, so I don't pay any attention to data usage.

danedel 09-16-2006 03:33 AM

I would assume that all data must pass threw the wireless carrier (Cingular) so the unlimited plan is what I should be getting. But if people on here are claiming to get faster internet connections and true email push, it makes me think if Cingular sees any of that with EMM.

AnthroMatt 09-16-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danedel
I would assume that all data must pass threw the wireless carrier (Cingular) so the unlimited plan is what I should be getting. But if people on here are claiming to get faster internet connections and true email push, it makes me think if Cingular sees any of that with EMM.

You are correct, all data, even with EMM, must at some point pass through the wireless carrier.

danedel 09-16-2006 11:28 AM

So that means that I should be getting the unlimited plan if I do not want to worry about going over my data thru Cingular?

AnthroMatt 09-16-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danedel
So that means that I should be getting the unlimited plan if I do not want to worry about going over my data thru Cingular?

I would recommend that. Check your Cingular data usage online (if they still allow that) after the first month or two and see if you actually need the unlimited plan or if you could stand to move down to a cheaper plan. It's better to overpay for a plan you don't need for a month or two while you test your usage patterns than it is to be slammed with data overages because you picked a cheaper plan with less data allowance in an effort to save a few bucks.

Digital Oxygen 09-16-2006 05:18 PM

Ok. I'll bite.

Right now, my BB receives emails from my three accounts. Business account, and 2 personal accounts just fine. Why should I get this service? What else does it do besides email stuff? I would like to use my bb to its full potential, however I don't know what that is.

Thanks.

danedel 09-16-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthroMatt
I would recommend that. Check your Cingular data usage online (if they still allow that) after the first month or two and see if you actually need the unlimited plan or if you could stand to move down to a cheaper plan. It's better to overpay for a plan you don't need for a month or two while you test your usage patterns than it is to be slammed with data overages because you picked a cheaper plan with less data allowance in an effort to save a few bucks.

True true...

AnthroMatt 09-20-2006 10:45 PM

Wirelessly posted (7130e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Is the server down tonight?

AnthroMatt 09-20-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthroMatt
Wirelessly posted (7130e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Is the server down tonight?

Or perhaps more accurately, is the MDS down? I have no internet access from my blackberry tonight.

I tried to used EMM's online customer service but I cannot log into customer support...I get a message that my account is not valid. Yet I can log into my PEM. Weird.

exchangemymail 09-21-2006 08:54 AM

Re:

Matt,

I am not sure where the MDS issue is coming from, I am working with RIM's server support team right now to get more information and resolve any issue related to MDS.

I will update you by e-mail and update this thread with the results.

As far as your support login goes...

Support for your type of account (created after August 1st) would be accessed in the PEM control panel (along the top) in the Help and Support portion of PEM.

Accounts created prior to 8/1/06 have no PEM Control Panel and have to access support directly from our Home Page.

Enzo-

exchangemymail 09-21-2006 09:41 AM

MDS issue has been resolved...

jrotunda85 09-27-2006 07:42 PM

I've been with EMM for around a month now and I'm adding to the list of highly satisfied customers! The support team (Steve, Enzo, and Alvin) are awesome and are knowledgable enough to help you fix those difficult issues!

monsieurlee 10-03-2006 05:36 PM

Question about the 10% discount:

is it 10% off the first month's service+BES+BES license fee of ~$90, or does the 10% off the $19.98 ($9.99+$9.99) happen every month?

exchangemymail 10-03-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsieurlee
Question about the 10% discount:

is it 10% off the first month's service+BES+BES license fee of ~$90, or does the 10% off the $19.98 ($9.99+$9.99) happen every month?

The 10% discount is a monthly discount. So every month you get 10% off all services you signup for.

scottjhl 10-04-2006 05:03 PM

I am signing up as we speak. Can I still get the discount?

And how do I set up the BES?

-Scott

AnthroMatt 10-04-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottjhl
I am signing up as we speak. Can I still get the discount?

And how do I set up the BES?

-Scott

You will get detailed information from the folks at EMM as to how to set everything up! It's really quite simple. :)

scottjhl 10-04-2006 05:19 PM

thanks for the quick response.