BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rogers Gmail calendar sync working? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=238442)

aregold 10-21-2010 09:29 AM

Rogers Gmail calendar sync working?

Greets,

I am assuming that Rogers has BIS 3.2 rolled out since I see the gmail calendar and contact sync options in my account. The problem is that neither are working for me. Items are not syncing either way for the calendar or for the contact list.

Can anyone confirm this as working on Rogers, and if it is, any help on activating the syncing would be greatly appreciated.

RD

paramedic233 10-21-2010 11:50 AM

Try logging on from your BB, and setting the parameters that way. Also, I always recommend a battery pull!

aregold 10-21-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paramedic233 (Post 1666729)
Try logging on from your BB, and setting the parameters that way. Also, I always recommend a battery pull!

I was performing the steps form my BB and have pulled battery many times for other reasons. This is not a new problem.

I am looking for confirmation from someone else on Rogers that the sync actually works with the BIS. I have used google sync in the past but I was hoping that it is no longer required.

lonedog 10-21-2010 01:06 PM

Seems to be working for me. I did an update on my Google Calendar this morning and the update appeared on my BB. Do you still have Google Sync installed? Maybe that's what's messing it up. No real reason to keep Google Sync since BIS will do it all now.

aregold 10-21-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonedog (Post 1666751)
Seems to be working for me. I did an update on my Google Calendar this morning and the update appeared on my BB. Do you still have Google Sync installed? Maybe that's what's messing it up. No real reason to keep Google Sync since BIS will do it all now.

Thanks for the confirmation. (y)

I did have google sync still installed but not configured or running since last OS update. I have now deleted it just in case but I do not think that this is the problem. Now that I know it should work I can get busy trying to get it there 8-)

aregold 10-21-2010 01:40 PM

hey lonedog,

can you check something on your BB?
Open your calendar and go to calendar options form the menu. Under 'Calendars', select your gmail calendar that is syncing ok and tell me if the option 'Wireless Syncronization: ' is set to Yes.

Mine is set to "No" and is not changeable :?

Might be time for a wipe of the BB to get rid of several years worth of OS upgrade baggage.

aregold 10-21-2010 01:51 PM

Nevermind.

Fixed the problem by deleting my gmail account and re-adding it from the BB email BIS settings. Everything (calendar and contacts ) started syncing immediately. Didn't lose anything on the BB but I did end up with duplicates in the calendar. Small price to pay IMO.

Weird but something to watch our for when updating OS's on the BB :smile:

dymlu 01-18-2011 10:23 AM

Re: Rogers Gmail calendar sync working?

I'm having some issues with Rogers BIS Calendar syncing.

Changing on Google Calendar works fine to update BB but sometimes, updating the item on my BB doesn't sync to Google Calendar. It's a hit and miss.

Anyone else experiencing this?

willieram 02-21-2011 09:13 PM

Re: Rogers Gmail calendar sync working?

Perfect!! This did the trick for me!

Among the changes I did that could have interrupted the syncing were the install of the new Google Mobile App and Gmail apps. I deleted them, rebooted and finally made the battery pull. I have a 9300 (Curve 3G) with OS 5.0.xxx

Thanks for sharing,
Willie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aregold (Post 1666756)
Nevermind.

Fixed the problem by deleting my gmail account and re-adding it from the BB email BIS settings. Everything (calendar and contacts ) started syncing immediately. Didn't lose anything on the BB but I did end up with duplicates in the calendar. Small price to pay IMO.

Weird but something to watch our for when updating OS's on the BB :smile: