BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   SRP Validation?? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=17435)

knickson 10-18-2005 03:47 PM

SRP Validation??

OK, I've built a new Blackberry 4.0 server and in the process, activated it with an existing server's SRP information by accident. Now the original BB server won't connect and we're being told that in order to get a new number, we need to have a support contract at a price of around $3000.00.

Is there ANY way to activate the existing server?? I have 150+ users currently unable to receive email on their Blackberries.

Any info, please email [email address]

Thanks.

knickson 10-18-2005 09:04 PM

Nobody? I'm on the verge of being unemployed!!

WolfKeeper 10-18-2005 09:18 PM

The SRP is locked by RIM when they see two servers trying to use the same number. I had this happen to me last week when I was changing servers and accidentally left the service running on the old server. You don't need a new number, but RIM has to unlock it.

If you don't have support via a 3rd party a T-Support contract from RIM is your only other alternative.

TheBerryGuru 10-18-2005 09:27 PM

Actually you will need a new SRP AND a new AUTH Key.

It is impossible for two servers two be running with the same SRP. Ask RIM they will tell you the same.

Dustbin30 10-19-2005 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBerryGuru
Actually you will need a new SRP AND a new AUTH Key.

It is impossible for two servers two be running with the same SRP. Ask RIM they will tell you the same.

Yup... unless you turn the new one off and keep it off while the old one is up.
I'm pretty sure an SRP re-enable will be able to be done if you contact the service provider you bought the BES from.

cgreensas 10-19-2005 02:15 PM

the company I work for did this, we had to call our network provider (in our case vodafone) and get them to get RIM support to unlock the SRP for us, if you bring up 2 servers at the same time with the same SRP code the SRP relays will treat it as a license violation and completely lockout the code. It took about 3 days to get unlocked in our case.
You must remove the SRP code from this new server or from the old one so that only 1 server is using that key otherwise it will just lock again.

jibi 10-19-2005 02:45 PM

3 days?! Just call the TSupport number at RIM. If its a new purchase of the BES software, then you have 1 call you can make to them for free, and they will count is as such. The number is 877-255-2377. You also have Tx0 support for free for 6 months after you purchase the software. It should take no more than 15 minutes to have the SRP re-enabled.

TheBerryGuru 10-19-2005 10:58 PM

Yes, its no problem for RIM to re-enable it, that still won't solve your problem of having two BES and only one SRP...

greywolfe 10-20-2005 12:34 AM

lol@three days

RIM will require the SRP id and key to unlock it and it can be done in 15min, as Jibi has stated.