BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   EUREKA! I think I know how to save RIM!! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=253656)

leKing 09-21-2011 05:46 AM

EUREKA! I think I know how to save RIM!!

Hello,

I consider myself a visionary and since I have owned my 9700 (my first BB) I have wondered about how to improve upon it. My initial visions ressembled what eventually became the TORCH. However today I have another vision of the future of RIM. This vision is much bigger than just an upgrade of an existing handset. This time I have an idea of a whole new approach (hardware design, marketing strategy, etc.) that I believe could save RIM.

I am a middle class citizen raising a family of four on a very modest income. Hence, I do wonder if my idea might somehow allow me to also profit with the positve impact it could have on RIM. On ther other hand, I wonder if I should just throw my idea out there on a forum like this just to see what other people's thoughts are.

Worst case scenario - I will have folks who will tell me why my idea won't work. Best case scenario - I will receive a thank you letter from one of RIM's CEO's promising to ensure I am rewarded for my contribution to saving RIM.

Yes I know, that second scenario doesn't sound very realistic or perhaps simply wishful thinking . . .

Any suggestions would be appreciated. How do I communicate my idea to the right people? Should I just try to email Mike or Jim or is there someone else I could bounce my idea off of?

As you can see - it has come to a point where I no longer wish to just sit on my idea. I want to do something. But what??

ifonline 09-21-2011 06:12 AM

Re: EUREKA! I think I know how to save RIM!!

Brilliant idea! Kudos!

devnull 09-21-2011 06:37 AM

You are a true visionary. ;-)

juwaack68 09-21-2011 06:55 AM

Ok, ya lost me.

NJBlackBerry 09-21-2011 07:13 AM

Wow.

Dubdub 09-21-2011 08:09 AM

Me thinks you might have consumed too much visionary juice or inhaled too much visionary weed?

jsconyers 09-21-2011 08:50 AM

"Haven't you heard, the RIM ship is sinking and there is no saving it." - ArgonNJ

NJBlackBerry 09-21-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1745570)
"Haven't you heard, the RIM ship is sinking and there is no saving it." - ArgonNJ

Yep; another expert.

TBOLTRAM 09-21-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1745570)

Eh, I thought it was in drydock. :?

sleeper55 09-21-2011 11:23 AM

you know what is crazy? last night i came up with the same exact idea that you outlined here in such great detail, perhaps you and i should buy rim and fix it tomorrow. OK? let me know asap!

ifonline 09-21-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leKing (Post 1745531)
On ther other hand, I wonder if I should just throw my idea out there on a forum like this just to see what other people's thoughts are.

Oh, please do. Pretty please do.

daphne 09-21-2011 06:44 PM

Only problem is no one from RIM will ever see your idea because this forum is not affiliated with RIM in any way. We are a bunch of BlackBerry enthusiastists on a privately owned forum.

dc/dc 09-22-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1745659)
Only problem is no one from RIM will ever see your idea because this forum is not affiliated with RIM in any way. We are a bunch of BlackBerry enthusiastists on a privately owned forum.

Real talk.

Jdjeff 09-22-2011 10:48 AM

You need to re-read the OP's post. He's saying he has an idea, and wonders if he should contact RIM and possibly profit from it or just disclose it on the forums and let it percolate. If the former, he's asking how best to reach out to RIM. I'm all for sarcastic and not at all useful replies, but seriously either just answer his question or ignore it.

;-)

jsconyers 09-22-2011 10:52 AM

It was answered. ifonline said to post it on the forums, and Daphne informed the OP that this forum is not affiliated with RIM.

stevetaz 09-22-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdjeff (Post 1745807)
You need to re-read the OP's post. He's saying he has an idea, and wonders if he should contact RIM and possibly profit from it or just disclose it on the forums and let it percolate. If the former, he's asking how best to reach out to RIM. I'm all for sarcastic and not at all useful replies, but seriously either just answer his question or ignore it.

;-)

A visionary does not need others to direct them toward their next step. Seems to me the OP was more interested in getting others to beg he/she share what that idea was so we could be humbled.

But that is only my vision.....;-)

ifonline 09-22-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdjeff (Post 1745807)
You need to re-read the OP's post.

No, we read the post just fine, and we know exactly what the OP is saying. No need to re-read the post. But thanks for the suggestion. That was a suggestion, right, and not a demand?

Quote:

He's saying he has an idea, and wonders if he should contact RIM and possibly profit from it or just disclose it on the forums and let it percolate.
First, thanks for summarizing the painfully obvious. Second, does that sound like the sort of action a visionary would take? It sure doesn't to me (and others), hence the replies that were given.

Quote:

I'm all for sarcastic and not at all useful replies...
No you're not, or else you wouldn't have suggested that everyone to stop posting sarcastic and not at all useful replies.

Jdjeff 09-22-2011 02:28 PM

Really? Posts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 and 11 are responsive to what the OP actually said? 12 arguably is helpful, but otherwise? I'm of course being sarcastic and unhelpful myself. And probably just having a bad day so was more pissed than usual to see a poster get jumped on for no reason. And yes, I am demanding that you be reasonable. :-)

jsconyers 09-22-2011 02:39 PM

I think post 11 was responsive to what the OP asked. He asked if he should share his views on the forum, and post 11 said he should.

dc/dc 09-22-2011 03:02 PM

I like tacos.