BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   no more self repairs (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=261040)

knottyrope 08-14-2012 09:17 AM

no more self repairs

invents a new one way screw. This will make it impossible to open up a future devices. This new screw will go deeper and be tighter no matter which way you turn it. Some phone techs have even claimed that you can only drill out the screws and will have to buy extra plastic pieces to do simple repairs like changing out a keyboard or replace a LCD.

The OEM parts will also have a new RFID type tags registered to the device PIN to thwart off those that can buy after market tamper stickers. NFC will be the new Orsen Wells of your device. RIM will now know if you tried to repair your device once a cover is removed and send it via BBM to HQ.

dc/dc 08-14-2012 09:38 AM

Re: no more self repairs

Wow, that is pretty crazy if true...

Dubdub 08-14-2012 10:04 AM

Knotty, what is the source?

knottyrope 08-14-2012 10:41 AM

My source wishes to remain seekrit

JSanders 08-14-2012 10:48 AM

Hmmmmm. Read this. How we screwed (almost) the whole Apple community Day4 - How we screwed (almost) the whole Apple community
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

jsconyers 08-14-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1785198)
Hmmmmm. Read this. How we screwed (almost) the whole Apple community Day4 - How we screwed (almost) the whole Apple community
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

It's funny you posted this, because when I first read this, I thought if anyone would do this, it would be Apple. However, it's all a hoax anyway.

JSanders 08-14-2012 11:52 AM

Yep.

daphne 08-14-2012 01:51 PM

It sounds like an April Fool's joke.

bbmaddict 09-08-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knottyrope (Post 1785191)
invents a new one way screw. This will make it impossible to open up a future devices. This new screw will go deeper and be tighter no matter which way you turn it. Some phone techs have even claimed that you can only drill out the screws and will have to buy extra plastic pieces to do simple repairs like changing out a keyboard or replace a LCD.

The OEM parts will also have a new RFID type tags registered to the device PIN to thwart off those that can buy after market tamper stickers. NFC will be the new Orsen Wells of your device. RIM will now know if you tried to repair your device once a cover is removed and send it via BBM to HQ.

Woah I can't even imagine how a screw cannot be unturned. If this was true, it would make furniture a lot sturdier since with frequent use many wooden and even metal furniture's screws would loosen by themselves.