BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cable Issue - Micro USB to Mini HDMI (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=268262)

Duelfuel 02-22-2019 12:02 PM

Cable Issue - Micro USB to Mini HDMI

I've run into an odd issue; I recently purchased an original GoPro, that has the Micro USB out only. I wanted to play back some of the videos on my Z30, so needed an adapter cable to go from Micro USB to the mini HDMI. These cables are referred to as "Micro USB OTG"

I have hooked up the camera to my phone, and it works the first time. Phone displays USB device inserted, then blinks Removed, then says Inserted. I then can watch my videos, but if I take it out, and try again, the phone never senses that it is connected again? If I take out a new cable (trying this in the store), it goes through the same process, but will never allow the same cable to be plugged in and sense the device. It's almost like every individual cable has its own IP, and it won't allow it to connect again.
Thoughts?

aiharkness 02-22-2019 03:17 PM

Re: Cable Issue - Micro USB to Mini HDMI

I don't have experience with this. Just throwing out ideas to maybe help narrow the problem.

Is there a setting analogous to wifi or Bluetooth that you can try cycling off and then back on again to see what happens?

What about restarting the device? Does that clear the problem, at least so the same cable will work again?

Not sure how or why firewall would matter, but it occurs to me it would be worth looking at.

tsac 02-22-2019 04:04 PM

GoPro only offers download to a device that can automatically store the video. they offer a program called Quik for desktops and Android / IOS phones . I would suspect the video will download possibly only once per connect. The instructions state to connect the device then power up the GoPro for download. If the download works with the USB cable you have once then it should be ok. Try doing a repower as they suggest per download.
Also mentioned is a need to update to the latest software version on the GoPro.

Good Luck.

amzounslide 05-15-2019 11:28 AM

Have you tried different tvs? Just wondering as some users find it will work on 1 tv but not another.

tsac 05-15-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amzounslide (Post 1821144)
Have you tried different tvs? Just wondering as some users find it will work on 1 tv but not another.

the OP is not trying TV's , trying to use the cell phone.

amzounslide 06-10-2019 02:29 PM

You can't use that adapter, You need to have a specific HDMI-VGA adapter, an active adapter.

These active adapter have chips in them that change the signal between analog and digital. It needs to be powered.

tsac 06-14-2019 06:40 PM

New Web Site

The new Web site is useless. who made the changes??????????