BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Z10 - Security Password Fails after Cell Number ported from phone (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=266182)

aghorn 08-01-2014 09:17 AM

Z10 - Security Password Fails after Cell Number ported from phone

I recently resigned and turned my phone into my boss. The company allowed me to keep my number so I ported it to a new phone that same day. The next day my boss said my security password was not correct and will not allow him into the phone. He thinks I am telling him the wrong code. Could the porting of the number from the phone affect the password? If not, what can be the cause and the fix?

fourstringfuror 08-01-2014 10:02 AM

Re: Z10 - Security Password Fails after Cell Number ported from phone

No, the device password is completely independent of a carrer's phone number.

This sounds very odd to me. You were assigned a device and given a phone number, but then allowed to keep the number?

Regardless, the device should be wiped any time it is returned/redepolyed, and that's exactly what will happen when he enters an incorrect password after 10 tries.

aghorn 08-01-2014 10:32 AM

No, it was my number before I joined the company. They agreed to let me keep it if I ever left the company.

tsac 08-01-2014 08:46 PM

Your boss is not being honest. As fourstringfuror said a simple wipe will reset it. Sounds like he's just trying to see what you had on the phone. If you gave him the password it should work unless it was wiped by the company before remotely.

fourstringfuror 08-04-2014 01:26 PM

As I mentioned, the device will be wiped when your boss enters the password incorrectly. And unless your boss is in IT, he shouldn't be handling the device anyway - it should be returned to IT.

tsac 08-04-2014 08:10 PM

Some company IT departments don't deal with the cell phones. In mine the manager collects the old phones.

fourstringfuror 08-04-2014 09:38 PM

Wipes them, reactivates them, deploys them? Maybe I'm presuming that all cell phones are smartphones being administered by an IT admin.

tsac 08-05-2014 07:31 PM

Not all IT departments have a clue about cell equipment. Some large company's have a department dealing with phones as a communications device along with regular dial phones.