BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Has the BlackBerry Torch flamed out already? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=233716)

TXLady 08-17-2010 12:46 PM

Has the BlackBerry Torch flamed out already?

Ouch. According to the article, only 150,000 were sold over launch weekend and price is already being halved.

Has the BlackBerry Torch flamed out already? - Technology & science - Wireless - msnbc.com

gadgetfanatic 08-17-2010 12:51 PM

WOW, RIM is in trouble. It was only a matter of time.

RIMxxx8217;s Stock Falls On Downgrades And Weak Sales Of iPhone Challenger | paidContent

knottyrope 08-17-2010 02:40 PM

I bought one and it rocks!

JSanders 08-17-2010 02:46 PM

ugh,... no it wasn't FANTASTIC first weekend sales, but... comparing this to the iPhone4 launch of 1.4 million units, is apples and oranges.

The Torch 9800 launch on one network in one country.
The iPhone4 launched on numerous carriers in five nations. For instance, four carriers alone in Canada launched the iPhone4.

jsconyers 08-17-2010 02:49 PM

And it doesn't drop calls when you hold it.

gtivr6r 08-17-2010 03:24 PM

Got mine!

Love it!

Not going back without a fight!

andriver 08-17-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtivr6r (Post 1642889)
Got mine!

Love it!

Not going back without a fight!

Yep

MERK350Z 08-17-2010 06:31 PM

I feel that ever since apple came out with the iphone. The bar has been set high in expectations. And what to expect when a new model comes out . Many people try to just compare it in look feel and design and 3e disappoint because the new phone don't have the wow that iphone has .
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Dubdub 08-17-2010 07:24 PM

The iPhone was an overhyped fad type device. The BB is solid business class device. You can't compare iPhones, Droids and BBs. They are different devices for different users and for different purposes.

Had I wanted a toy to play games on, I would have gone Droid. But I didn't. I have what I wanted.

Serkle K 08-17-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1643029)
I have what I wanted.

Well put... my thoughts exactly!

Stinsonddog 08-17-2010 08:48 PM

For a business device I really am impressed with this one. The combo of touchscreen and keypad really work for me. Thanks RIM.

signem 08-17-2010 09:28 PM

I received mine yesterday and am very pleased with it. It is replacing my iphone 2G. So far, it does not do the things that I hated about the iphone which was constantly dialing people I did not want to call just because I touched the screen in the wrong spot.

Setting up the email to work with my Outlook was a challenge. That part the iphone did well. but, I'm ok with the way I have it working now. I finally managed to get my contacts moved over.

The Torch is quite complicated to get setup compared to the iphone, but it has a lot more capabilities.

I had upgraded to the iphone4 and took it back after 2 days because I saw no difference in capabilities that I needed - only speed. Battery life was awful and the iphone uses more data than the Blackberry - at least that is the way it seems. On the iphone, when the phone sleeps, the wifi does not work. therefore whatever messages come in at that time get charged as data. As I understand, the blackberry wifi works. And also, because it automatically turns off and on at specified times, I'm not using data in the middle of the night. If iphone has the auto off/on, I sure never found it.

Anyway, seems to be meeting my needs just fine and dandy.

sjsilverman 08-17-2010 10:53 PM

a friend posted on her FB wall that she wanted an app for her iPhone that tuned it into a mini-pc that does sms, mms, email really well, plus web browsing. I told her they do make that...its called a blackberry torch. Got mine on launch day and love it. it will be returned when pigs fly.

sean76 08-17-2010 10:53 PM

Ok so I've been around Blackberries for a while now. I'll say this, I've had just about every single BB that has been released in the last 7 or 8 years. The Torch is not an earth shattering device, however it is very capable, very modern, and like every BB, Very Reliable! All in all, I think its a step in the right direction. No its not as slick, or as fast as my HTC EVO! But its not meant to be, its meant to be what it is, an email, text, instant messaging Monster, that can be used for work or play. I will say this, RIM needs to bring some new stuff to the table, namely, a faster Processer, and a screen with better resolution. Hopefully this is the start of RIMS step back into the Phone wars, I hope so, because I can't think of going through my day without a Berry!

sigmamason 08-18-2010 04:14 AM

It seems like people are posting the negative hoping that the phone is a failure...I like my 9800 and other than battery life, I have no issues.

cyclmpc 08-18-2010 06:24 AM

9800 for me has rocked. No showstoppers for me. The device did lock up once during my intial turn up on the device. One did a hard reset and then placed it on my BES.

I've had every model since BB came on the scene and every model had something you would have wanted extra, but so far the Torch is doing what I expect it to do and with some flair.

endure161 08-18-2010 09:34 AM

I am very happy with my Torch. It replaced my 8900 that was last in a line of a number of Blackberry's, starting with a 7100i on Nextel. The new OS is a little different and I am still getting adjusted to the touchscreen. But, it works quite well and I would not trade it for another smartphone.

The only problem that I have noticed is that my convenience key does not start the camera. The camera works very well. So, I guess that the problem is either something I am not doing or it is a bug in the OS...

My daughter, who used a Pearl for a couple of years got an Iphone 4 a few weeks ago. Four days later she took it back to trade for a 9700 because all the hype did not make it do what she expected. She missed the keyboard and the reliable response....

gadgetfanatic 08-18-2010 02:18 PM

this thread needs a reality check.........

RIMxxx8217;s Stock Falls On Downgrades And Weak Sales Of iPhone Challenger | paidContent

JSanders 08-18-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic (Post 1643463)
this thread needs a reality check.........

You need a reality check. You posted the same link just 24 hours ago.

Are those the numbers RIM and ATT wanted? Guess not, at least the market watchers wanted more and the sales did not meet the expectation.

Just because users in this thread like their Torch, you get your panties in a wad? Obviously 150,000+ people wanted the device, they bought it last weekend.

Now pull up your big boy pants and get back to your iPhone. Sheesh.

poolbizz 08-18-2010 03:16 PM

The iphone 4g and the Blackberry 9800 both suck the big one ....... lmfao

poolbizz 08-18-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1643474)
You need a reality check. You posted the same link just 24 hours ago.

Are those the numbers RIM and ATT wanted? Guess not, at least the market watchers wanted more and the sales did not meet the expectation.

Just because users in this thread like their Torch, you get your panties in a wad? Obviously 150,000+ people wanted the device, they bought it last weekend.

Now pull up your big boy pants and get back to your iPhone. Sheesh.

150,000 plus people bought a turd and thats a success to , eh .. Or do you just want to use that old line about panties in a wad !!!! ha, ur a legend in ur own mind .... mental midget ....

sean76 08-18-2010 04:32 PM

Seriously..some of you need to grow Up! If you don't like the Torch, or blackberry for that fact, Get LOST! Simple as that

dz8 08-19-2010 01:08 AM

I don't get it. Why is 150K phones on the first weekend bad?

HTC EVO 4G, the first 4G phone on the market, beautifully huge screen, the killer android phone, the phone that was supposed to bring Sprint back from the depths of lameness.. analysts claimed it sold like hot cakes and was a success! sales figure? 150K phones on the first weekend.

Yes, it is one of many androids on the market. So is the Torch; it's also one of the many non-iphone phones and one of the many blackberry phones on the market.

Double standard if you ask me.

Superh3ro 08-19-2010 02:25 AM

battery life and the no keyboard shortcut for apps are the reasons im not buying the torch
ill just wait for os6 for 9700 or if not maybe 9780

palomartian 08-19-2010 02:38 AM

I want that huge flip phone (9670?). Like a really small netbook. yeah. I can wait. My 9000 is immortal. Or maybe undead. Depends on what it's doing at the time I guess.

FASHER 08-19-2010 11:17 AM

Gotta wonder how it would have done with another carrier? Never tried AT & T , but I've read a lot of blogs and reports blasting them on their service.

knottyrope 08-20-2010 09:50 AM

AT&T works fine for me in my area.

Do any of your friends have AT&T?
Ask them what it is like.

JSanders 08-20-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolbizz (Post 1643481)
150,000 plus people bought a turd and thats a success to , eh .. Or do you just want to use that old line about panties in a wad !!!! ha, ur a legend in ur own mind .... mental midget ....

And who peed in your oatmeal?
Oh, I remember you, you've been insulting users here for a couple years.

andriver 08-20-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1644271)
And who peed in your oatmeal?
Oh, I remember you, you've been insulting users here for a couple years.

I think someone needs a timeout. Not the moderator but the member.

JSanders 08-20-2010 10:51 AM

poolbiz has a record here...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

bunkermonkeycw 08-20-2010 11:57 AM

The CEO at my bank got his today. Just set it up. ITS SO NICE!

wifiberry 08-20-2010 12:24 PM

I've been sitting on the fence, trying to decide. After six years, buying the latest BB each time a full qwerty model was released, I know the joys of the RIM platform. I'd still be using one if not for the way RIM ignored upgrading my favorite 9000.

That aside, I'm ready to try again, as long as I know that like the 83xx series, the Torch comes with a reasonably bug free OS. I'm just not willing to spend all the hours I did on the 9000, performing OS trials to get a decent (notice I did not say perfect) OS.

I welcome any and all comments from those of you with the Torch. I absolutely love the style and build quality, it's functionality that matters. I'm not picky...I'm not going to compare it to my Android phones, or any other phone. Speed is not an issue, I'm a BB LOVER and would like to have one again.

Thank You

rontiu 08-20-2010 03:12 PM

In the same boat like wifiberry. I am certain I will get the Torch, as soon the screen saver is released by boxwave and maybe there is a suitable case that will protect my Torch.

I am using the waiting time for Rim to continue to release device software updates. Like so many previous BB devices, it took quite a few rounds to get the right device software to make everything work, why would it be different for the 9800?

On that note, maybe it is safer to get the second batch of Torch... :-)

wifiberry 08-20-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rontiu (Post 1644416)
I am using the waiting time for Rim to continue to release device software updates. Like so many previous BB devices, it took quite a few rounds to get the right device software to make everything work, why would it be different for the 9800?

Precisely!
As a point of reference, I'm a very serious smartphone enthusiast. For the last six years I've stayed on top of all brands, followed the forums, blogs & sites like Engadget. My point is simply this, I've done the work to stay educated & not miss anything especially when it comes to RIM.*

In addition, each new BB I've owned (all purchased new) up to and including the 83xx Curves, all had good usable OS's. Back then there was no such thing as having to replace your OS with the "latest leaked version". Not until the release of RIM's flagship Bold 9000, did this madness begin.*

Approximately six months after the original Bold debut, serious rumors surfaced about a refresh to include a working OS & optical track pad in place of the buried trackball. I say buried because RIM went backwards. 83xx trackballs took 5 minutes to remove & replace. The Bold required device teardown of at least 40 min. to an hour depending on if you had done it before.*

Then after the same kind of reliable rumors that preceded the Torch, the "New Bold" was released but it was shrunken to Curve size. That's when I walked away from RIM. Oh sure I tried a 9700, buy really missed the large keyboard since I do 40+ emails per day.*

Yes I will still be stuck with a narrower keyboard if I choose a Torch, but it's obvious RIM is now building all devices at just 60mm wide (9000 is 66mm) so I will have to accept that. At least it's display is larger than the 9700.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rontiu (Post 1644416)
On that note, maybe it is safer to get the second batch of Torch... :-)

Herein lies potential problem #2...
how do we know RIM won't abandon the 9800? Will there be a second batch?

What's a BB lover to do?

iamajim 08-20-2010 11:53 PM

been using BB for the last 3 years; my only observation/complaint is it isn't available on Vz. as nice and tempting as all of those Androids are I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Rockefella 08-21-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superh3ro (Post 1643650)
battery life and the no keyboard shortcut for apps are the reasons im not buying the torch
ill just wait for os6 for 9700 or if not maybe 9780

You are misinformed.

There are keyboard shortcuts for apps. It's a setting in options. As for the battery life, I think it's excellent. I use my Torch to the max - surfing, emails, calls - and I still have 20-30% left at the end of the day. It blows away my wife's iPhone 4.

Superh3ro 08-21-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockefella (Post 1644598)
You are misinformed.

There are keyboard shortcuts for apps. It's a setting in options. As for the battery life, I think it's excellent. I use my Torch to the max - surfing, emails, calls - and I still have 20-30% left at the end of the day. It blows away my wife's iPhone 4.

i guess listening to different using is really messing me up
i really need to go to the store and play around with it for abit

tkao2025 08-21-2010 05:16 AM

I have to agree that I had the 9700 and thought the screen and keyboard were too small compared with the 9000. I gave the 9700 to my brother and gave up on blackberry.

Now with the Torch I'm wanting to get back to the BB, but concerned about all that I've read about the software slowness. Similarly why hasn't BB gotten skype on it's phones yet? I use skype a lot as I travel for business and use it to call back home for cheap price.

sigmamason 08-21-2010 07:18 AM

Skype is available on verizon phones, nokia phones and the iphone

tkao2025 08-21-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmamason (Post 1644659)
Skype is available on verizon phones, nokia phones and the iphone

Yes but not if you want the Torch and are on AT&T

Dubdub 08-21-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wifiberry (Post 1644431)
Precisely!

Herein lies potential problem #2...
how do we know RIM won't abandon the 9800? Will there be a second batch?

Well there is a Torch 2 in the rumor mill along with R020 Curve remake, 9670 flip, a Storm 3 this fall and a BB tablet.

Again, these are rumored devices, but I think it is a strong indication that RIM isn't abandoning anything.

sigmamason 08-21-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkao2025 (Post 1644663)
Yes but not if you want the Torch and are on AT&T

That is due to skype moreso than AT&T.

wifiberry 08-22-2010 10:36 AM

Bump
Quote:

Originally Posted by wifiberry (Post 1644328)
I've been sitting on the fence, trying to decide. After six years, buying the latest BB each time a full qwerty model was released, I know the joys of the RIM platform. I'd still be using one if not for the way RIM ignored upgrading my favorite 9000.

That aside, I'm ready to try again, as long as I know that like the 83xx series, the Torch comes with a reasonably bug free OS. I'm just not willing to spend all the hours I did on the 9000, performing OS trials to get a decent (notice I did not say perfect) OS.

I welcome any and all comments from those of you with the Torch. I absolutely love the style and build quality, it's functionality that matters. I'm not picky...I'm not going to compare it to my Android phones, or any other phone. Speed is not an issue, I'm a BB LOVER and would like to have one again.

Thank You

gadgetfanatic 08-27-2010 04:22 PM

......and the hits keep on comin'

RIM stock tumbles to 17-month low on Nasdaq | TopNews United Kingdom

andriver 08-28-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic (Post 1647799)

Can you state your agenda? Obviously you love your iphone and are posting on a blackberry forum. Should you not be attacking blackberry on the iphone forums instead? Good day to you sir.

gadgetfanatic 08-28-2010 05:41 PM

No agenda. Just keepin' it real.

rontiu 08-29-2010 03:14 PM

I got a torch last week, I was way too intrigued not to get one. I have to admit, the transition has been difficult from my 9700 to the Torch, because I find that it takes me way longer to get things done on the Torch.

Yes, some of the shortcuts are available on the Torch, but it somehow works different from the 9700, and sometimes the menu doesn't really make any sense either at times or I am missing a previous menu option that was available with OS 5.

I admit, it is getting better day by day to get used to the Torch and OS 6. I am hoping though that RIM will release continued software updates to work out some of the kinks that are normal with first releases.

I assume the 9800 will stay, because of the touch screen perhaps even discontinue Storm and Storrm2, however, will there be enough support by the app developers to fine all the previously released apps to work on the 9800? Fingers crossed.

nindee 09-01-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic (Post 1648202)

Why not post all the analysts that rate RIM stock as a strong buy right now?

The fact is, RIMs sales and profits have done NOTHING but increase year after year. The BlackBerry is still a very highly desirable product and even though they might've lost 0.5% of the marketshare in the last year, they've still sold more phones than the previous year.

They have 41 million SUBSCRIBERS to the blackberry network/services. That does NOT include people who use BlackBerry's as regular phones without data (yes...I know people that do this...don't ask me why).

whsbuss 09-01-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nindee (Post 1649480)
Why not post all the analysts that rate RIM stock as a strong buy right now?

The fact is, RIMs sales and profits have done NOTHING but increase year after year. The BlackBerry is still a very highly desirable product and even though they might've lost 0.5% of the marketshare in the last year, they've still sold more phones than the previous year.

They have 41 million SUBSCRIBERS to the blackberry network/services. That does NOT include people who use BlackBerry's as regular phones without data (yes...I know people that do this...don't ask me why).

Actually its 46 million subs worldwide. However 2 more firms downgraded RIM today because of unknown revenue projections.

davistld01 09-02-2010 10:53 AM

The Torch was a huge disappointment...period. So much so that I opted to go back to the iPhone 4 until RIM spits out the rumored 9780 onto AT&T. I know it's only a 9700 on steroids...but at least I know that will work!:-(

rdef 09-02-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic (Post 1648202)

"Just keeing it real."

Another way of saying, "I don't know what my agenda is. What is an agenda?"

palomartian 09-09-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davistld01 (Post 1650071)
The Torch was a huge disappointment...period. So much so that I opted to go back to the iPhone 4 until RIM spits out the rumored 9780 onto AT&T. I know it's only a 9700 on steroids...but at least I know that will work!:-(

You can never be certain with RIM. The 9780 will be released with 6.0 most likely. Will it be possible to downgrade to 5.0 if OS 6 is a debacle on a non-touch screen device? 9780 might be a complete ass up. I want one to replace my 9000 but will most definitely wait a few weeks for the initial reviews to settle down to a dull roar.

stst0001 09-10-2010 12:56 AM

Fix The Software

Stop releasing all these hardware models with this crap software!

I used to be a die-hard and finally could not take it anymore.

Hoping the wife can dump her 9800 soon and I can stop looking for leaked releases for her. Since I dumped my Storm, 9700 and then 9800 (gave it one more chance) and went to Droid X I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted from my back. And now I no longer feel compelled to defend Rim/BB. In comparison it just sucks - plain and simple. I read some of these posts with pros/cons and the cons are just absurd - why are those acceptable when there are alternatives. They wasted so much of my time. Now that I am liberated I actually feel disgusted when I hear the word BlackBerry. And that is their fault - my god I tried to stay with them until I finally capitulated and faced reality. 9800 was the final disappointment.

gadgetfanatic 09-11-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdef (Post 1650098)
"Just keeing it real."

Another way of saying, "I don't know what my agenda is. What is an agenda?"

It's pitiful that you think someone would even have an agenda on a forum such as BBF. Maybe you should get out of your parents basement more often.

gadgetfanatic 09-11-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stst0001 (Post 1653357)

Hoping the wife can dump her 9800 soon and I can stop looking for leaked releases for her. Since I dumped my Storm, 9700 and then 9800 (gave it one more chance) and went to Droid X I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted from my back. And now I no longer feel compelled to defend Rim/BB. In comparison it just sucks - plain and simple. I read some of these posts with pros/cons and the cons are just absurd - why are those acceptable when there are alternatives. They wasted so much of my time. Now that I am liberated I actually feel disgusted when I hear the word BlackBerry. And that is their fault - my god I tried to stay with them until I finally capitulated and faced reality. 9800 was the final disappointment.

Now that's what I call KEEPIN' IT REAL!!!! Well said and dead on the money!! ........oh, and by the way, could you please state you agenda? :)

jb20 09-11-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stst0001 (Post 1653357)

Well said! I went to the Droid X and feel exactly then same. Android is a solid alternative to Blackberry. Not only does it have a a fast processor and a incredible browsing experience but it handles my emails and text messaging better than Blackberry. You are not at the mercy of outagages ,having to do battery pulls, looking at an hour glass, memory management and constantly looking for an OS update to have your device work as they imply in their advertising.(y)

gadgetfanatic 09-12-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb20 (Post 1653907)
Well said! I went to the Droid X and feel exactly then same. Android is a solid alternative to Blackberry. Not only does it have a a fast processor and a incredible browsing experience but it handles my emails and text messaging better than Blackberry. You are not at the mercy of outagages ,having to do battery pulls, looking at an hour glass, memory management and constantly looking for an OS update to have your device work as they imply in their advertising.(y)

......I know, I've been spending too much time on Facebook!!!!

tsac 09-12-2010 01:56 PM

To each his own. some people should strap a PC to their back to get all the features they want. A bit heavy but hey multi gig memory and a big hard drive to store all the apps they think they need.:razz: The orthopedic doc's like the business.;-)

snowmangoh 09-15-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1654031)
To each his own. some people should strap a PC to their back to get all the features they want. A bit heavy but hey multi gig memory and a big hard drive to store all the apps they think they need.:razz: The orthopedic doc's like the business.;-)

And that's what it all boils down to... to each his own. I have several friends who have gone from the iPhone4 to the 9800, one who went from iPhone to Droid to BB, and of course, a couple who have dropped thier RIM devices for other platforms... The grass is always greener unless you came from the other side of the fence.

As far as the software issues, I agree that RIM rushes devices to market before the OS is solid, but so does everyone else. While a crappy trend, if you want a device that has it correct from the jump, you're going to have to drop some features, because it won't be a smartphone. Grab yourself a RAZR, retire your account here, and go join motomodders.

BTW, I've had my 9800 for a little under a week, and I see the issues everyone is griping about on my own device. I'm going to return it right before my 30 days are up and hope the new one doesn't have any of the build issues this one has (Curse you Mexico5!) As far as the software side of the thing goes, I've had enough BBs (EVERY update on ATT since the 71xx series) to know that in a few months it will be running smooth after an update or two.

knottyrope 09-15-2010 10:24 AM

Just changed over an iphone and BlackJack user to a Torch. It has not flamed out, just didnt jump out of the gate that fast.

Our Canada office is expecting to upgrade to 20 Torch devices on the 24th.

Jdjeff 09-15-2010 11:08 AM

I've used almost every cingular/att model since they were introduced, and I love my Torch. The workflow is a bit different than on my 9700 but it provides, overall, a much better experience. For me, anyway, the upgrade has been a great experience. It isn't an iPhone. But I have an iPad for that. For my work needs the 9800 has been fantastic, and much more useable for other things than my Bold2. Now I just need a decent case/skin.

RJE 09-16-2010 08:39 AM

The Torch is a very good Blackberry. I'll say that again. It's a very good Blackberry. It is not an Android or iPhone clone, It is not a great "consumer" oriented product. It caters to the core constituency, and it does it very well. I've read all the reviews and they range from mediocre to excellent. Many reviewers have not spent enough time with the device to truly see all the plusses. Many other reviewers want a BB that's a candy bar style Android or iPhone lookalike to cater to that consumer market. Here's news. RIM will never abandon their core market. Next week the Torch launches in Canada on three carriers. I predict excellent sales. The buzz for the phone in Canada is great, and Canadians like to buy Canadian. Wait and see.

CharlieMike73 09-16-2010 10:21 AM

Honestly who gives a F***, I dont even know what all you BB haters joined this forum for other than to just create conflict. Seldom do any of you offer constructive comments; so go back to your pissy little Android/iPhone corner and post about how happy you are with your chosen pocket games device.

Those of us that chose a blackberry did so because we've got work to do! No time for your petty games!!!

CharlieMike73 09-16-2010 10:30 AM

@gadgetfanatic - did you get dropped A LOT as a baby? I only ask because you are in a Blackberry forum with the Dorid logo as your avatar and you say you use the iPhone4... now if thats "KEEPING IT REAL"???

Just teasing BTW!!!

knottyrope 09-16-2010 02:04 PM

Abusing people on the forums is against TOS.
Please keep it nice.

snowmangoh 09-16-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieMike73 (Post 1655406)
@gadgetfanatic - did you get dropped A LOT as a baby? I only ask because you are in a Blackberry forum with the Dorid logo as your avatar and you say you use the iPhone4... now if thats "KEEPING IT REAL"???

Just teasing BTW!!!

LOL... that would be a great observation if that weren't a screenshot of his iPhone background which is the droidbot getting stabbed...

CharlieMike73 09-16-2010 04:14 PM

Then my apologies!

CharlieMike73 09-16-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knottyrope (Post 1655482)
Abusing people on the forums is against TOS.
Please keep it nice.

I was nice, I said only joking! Not sure if he noticed the irony, but as it turns out the joke was on me anyway as Snow pointed out above.

Now I promise to be good again!

0:o)

gadgetfanatic 09-21-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieMike73 (Post 1655406)

Just teasing BTW!!!

What up CharlieMike73?

........the reason I am involved with BBF is because I was once a comlpete BB fanatic. I started with the 8700, had a few 8100's, an 8800 and then a few 8310's. I like the forum and I must admit that I enjoy the gadget rivalry as long as it stays somewhat civil. My "droid avatar' was actually a screen shot of my iPhone 4, just like my new avatar is.

Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I'm very thick skinned & I've been warned on occasion for slinging some mud myself:)

rgvsean 09-26-2010 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieMike73 (Post 1655402)
so go back to your pissy little Android/iPhone corner and post about how happy you are with your chosen pocket games device.

Those of us that chose a blackberry did so because we've got work to do! No time for your petty games!!!

I've just switched my BOLD for a Nexus 1 after much handwringing, I really wanted the Torch - I run a small business - sorry to say I don't play games on it but it does handle all my contacts, documents, emails and calendar far better than the bold, especially once google business apps is set up (£33 per year). It's all synched in the cloud so that means any PC, phone, laptop or whatever I log into. Even if I lose my phone it really doesn't matter as I can just fire up another and it's all there. I can set it as a wi-fi hotspot, grab a document from the cloud to email to a customer not matter where I am.

I'd already loaded all my BB contacts to google. Got new phone switched on and logged in, phone was set up with all calendar contacts and emails within about 5 minutes. Didn't need a PC or a USB cable.

Don't fob them off as toys, they can be very powerful, cost effective business tools. Especially if you're web based.

I really like my Blackberrys and will check out future models to see what development RIM come up with. I do feel a bit of a traitor :oops: