BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9900 Series Discussion - Bold Touch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   bb 9900 unlocked bought - HELP - need to remove BES (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=266264)

bhagavat 09-04-2014 09:25 AM

bb 9900 unlocked bought - HELP - need to remove BES

I purchased this suposedly unlocked new bb device from Hongkong through ebay for use in Canada in the fido network. The device is asking for Enterprise activation code for me to set up email and also use social network. I am an existing fido BIS customer. After being tossed around several times between fido and blackberry (nobody is being kind enough to help...the service providers seem to just want your money), i found that i may be able to get the device to ignore BES if I factory reset the device. I can see that the IT policy is disabled on the phone. The phone now merely connects to edge (in small letters). The data is working in a very feeble fashion. The device shows that it is not connected to blackberry network.

The factory reset has failed to allow me to use the device for email setup or social network without prompt for BES. My overseas seller is unresponsive to questions about unlocking this device from any corporate administrator that this device may have belonged to.

The blackberry desktop software shows that the device has OS version 7.1 Bundle.

Appreciate if somebody could assist me with alternative solutions? Will a clean swipe and reload of OS - disable BES? Are there any other ways?

knottyrope 09-04-2014 11:02 AM

Re: bb 9900 unlocked bought - HELP - need to remove BES

issue is that you don't have BIS enabled

if it don't work after a battery pull while device is on

call carrier and ask to remove dataplan, then once done ask to add it back in again

tsac 09-07-2014 06:28 PM

You can also search the internet for " Remove IT policy"
That will insure the BB is clean and as Knotty indicated, the carrier must insure the service is BIS.

mpkasaji 02-02-2015 02:45 PM

Hello pipo. I purchased this
new bb device 9900 from
China. I am from Zambia and my carrier is Airtel Zambia. I am having. A problem in having the device register on my carrier's network. They say that they can not activate BIS because the device can not be recognized on their network and yet the device is not even branded. I get no response even when I try to register the host routing table.
The
device is also asking for Enterprise
activation.
My overseas seller seems to be
unresponsive to questions about
unlocking this device.

Appreciate if somebody could assist
me with any solutions I could consider.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

tsac 02-02-2015 09:02 PM

The phone may be stolen or locked to a BES service.
Worse yet it may not be a genuine Blackberry phone just a knockoff.
The battery compartment should be checked for model and other information