BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Motorola Q & BlackBerry 8700 Shots! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=19141)

Boy Genius 11-14-2005 08:55 PM

Motorola Q & BlackBerry 8700 Shots!

5 Attachment(s)
Just a couple friendly words...eat my shorts. I AM THE BOY GENIUS.

test 11-14-2005 09:11 PM

The q's screen could be a little bigger

test 11-14-2005 09:48 PM

haha, i could be less of a sissy what?

howd the bidding go?

edit: and BOY genius, now your comment was deleted? whos the sissy now

Boy Genius 11-14-2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test
haha, i could be less of a sissy what?

howd the bidding go?

edit: and BOY genius, now your comment was deleted? whos the sissy now

Listen man. Enough is enough, i'm not trying to be an immature child and I don't think you shoudl either. I explained I have a good relationship with RIM and that it wasn't worth tarnishing it with some stupid auction to make how much? I am not trying to sound so conceded but i piss on $2,000. Second the only reason I got defensive is its like me telling your girlfriend your cheating on her, it invokes stuff that shouldn't be. I try to tread carefully with RIM because of the amount of stuff they have helped me and clients out with. Lets leave all this nonsense alone ok? Plus I just talked to Guess and he laughed his ass off about my comment :smile:

test 11-14-2005 10:01 PM

haha "i'm not trying to be an immature child"...well your not trying very hard then...i post a comment about the Q and then you respond back with an immature comment? and now you dont think i should be immature...C'MON grow up, look...i dont care what you can piss on and second your getting "defensive" in the wrong thread..."This topic is done. It's dead to me."

Boy Genius 11-14-2005 10:07 PM

LOL. Its dead to me.

jibi 11-14-2005 10:16 PM

test, i think the comment you made and the reply received back was the product of your blindly pointing uneducated fingers at someone with a fairly high stakes claim that had no basis in the world on anything tangible aside from your own suspicions. i'm sure if you simply asked BG how he had access to the handhelds and phones, he would tell you. he's a very smart guy within this community (and all things cellular), but he's not involved within that industry directly. i think he's a commodity to the team, and i appreciate having him around - not only as a moderator, but as a valued member of this community. just talking with him a few times has really blown my mind about his profession as well as the lifestyle he leads ...very luxurious.

he wouldn't take a second to even login to eBay much less sell one of his handhelds that would otherwise be going to a client that would most likely pay a lot more than the top bid from someone who won't even chum up the money in a legit auction. and as he said, he has a business relationship with RIM that would be somewhat strained if a) the claim had any merit (it doesn't) or b) people like yourself continue down your paths in life where you make such claims in the first place. i would think an apology was in order somewhere down the line - maybe you realize, even if jokingly stating such a claim, that you were in the wrong.

bperkins 11-14-2005 10:43 PM

I am all for BG, this guy brings some life to the forums. I think he has more connections than just RIM, my God he has every up and coming device out there...LOL.

Back on topic..thanks for the pictures so how do you like the Q vs. the 8700c? Is VZW close to releasing this? From the looks of the badging it appears close.

barjohn 11-14-2005 10:46 PM

Back on topic..BG could you post some picture showing the difference in thickness? Also, I measured the keys using your photos and the appear to be very close in size with better spacing for the Q. Is that true in person?

Boy Genius 11-14-2005 11:11 PM

Should be out Jan-Feb on Verizon. I don't like it actually, before I got the 8700 I loved it, but now it's not that great. Only thing is the multimedia support and the web browsing on EV-DO is amazing. So emotional. Keys are no way near the 8700's abilities. They are probably 2x worse than the Treo 600. I do know that this is not the final hardware and think they are redoing the keys... I will take some shots of the devices side by side for comparison something that really caught me was how thin the Q really is compared to 8700...

Rick7520 11-14-2005 11:48 PM

Boy Genius, thanks for sharing your info and opions of the devices. You do a great job and I apprciate your posts- they are all very informative and I trust your insights into these devices. Keep up the great work.

14pups 11-15-2005 07:07 AM

EVDO and battery life

Me thinks it will be piss poor.

teamcrn 11-15-2005 10:44 AM

i think the moto q looks nice...im worried about the operating system and who is going to carry it...i have nextel and in the process of switching to tmobile for blackberry only...so if tmobile offers it..it might be worth a try

rhwd2003 11-15-2005 10:46 AM

BG me also, i have been looking around on the forums for months now and it kinda reminds me of bengalboy on hofo, but you are doing a tremendous job and now that you have came to this forum i find myself everyday at work checking in the am and pm to see if you have added anything new about the 8700 :D, thanks soo much for all this and being a moderator to bring some light to this forum, its very very appreciated. Cause right now there is not much info out there or such great "personal" pictures of the 8700 without you on this fourm, its very much appreciated from me! keep going and good luck!

14pups 11-15-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhwd2003
BG me also, i have been looking around on the forums for months now and it kinda reminds me of bengalboy on hofo, but you are doing a tremendous job and now that you have came to this forum i find myself everyday at work checking in the am and pm to see if you have added anything new about the 8700 :D, thanks soo much for all this and being a moderator to bring some light to this forum, its very very appreciated. Cause right now there is not much info out there or such great "personal" pictures of the 8700 without you on this fourm, its very much appreciated from me! keep going and good luck!

I'll second that.

barjohn 11-15-2005 10:53 AM

I think BG says that a CDMA version from Verizon will probably be first. However, Motorola said that they would be releasing it for sale in December so maybe a GSM version is around the corner since the Verizon (CDMA) version is not expected until January.

teamcrn 11-15-2005 10:57 AM

well that would be cool..i might try it out...i am a sucker for a new device..and if it sucks i will go back to my bb...my house is a grave yard for old devices..btw me and my biz partner we probably have had every device out ther from the t900 to the motorola timport 2way, the moto accompli, sidekicks, the sony clie, palm pilots, blackberrys etc...i spend so much money on electronics..from my bb to my phone to my psp..i might have over 1000..on my hip @ once....rotflmao

dc/dc 11-15-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamcrn
well that would be cool..i might try it out...i am a sucker for a new device..and if it sucks i will go back to my bb...my house is a grave yard for old devices..btw me and my biz partner we probably have had every device out ther from the t900 to the motorola timport 2way, the moto accompli, sidekicks, the sony clie, palm pilots, blackberrys etc...i spend so much money on electronics..from my bb to my phone to my psp..i might have over 1000..on my hip @ once....rotflmao

Your belt sounds like mine... lol

dc/dc 11-15-2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhwd2003

I second that. Boy Genius is my new mobile hero. :)

teamcrn 11-15-2005 11:08 AM

yup i have to keep pulling my pants up..and since i promote clubs i dont use belt clips for my phone or bb..they go into my front pockets and i have a leather case for my psp...