BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, News & Problems (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Emoticons! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=180)

Tom 08-28-2004 05:06 PM

New Emoticons!

:D :( :) :o :x 8) :shock: :? :P :oops: :cry: :wink: :idea: (y) (n)

Want some added? PM Me with the 19x19 file!

Mark Rejhon 08-30-2004 02:28 AM

Ideally, these should be converted to transparent Gif89a -- this will make them less square looking :D

For some strange reason, some forums have the non-transparent emoticons, and others have the transparent version of the same. I think these were originally captured from MSN without making the background transparent, and then some forums made them transparent, or used other emoticons that looked similiar to the MSN version.

Tom 08-30-2004 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
Ideally, these should be converted to transparent Gif89a -- this will make them less square looking :D

For some strange reason, some forums have the non-transparent emoticons, and others have the transparent version of the same. I think these were originally captured from MSN without making the background transparent, and then some forums made them transparent, or used other emoticons that looked similiar to the MSN version.

Actually the emoticons your looking at are captured from msn by myself. Making the backrounds transparent is way too much work for simple emoticons. See the Mod/Admin Section, as this was already discussed. :)

Skive 09-16-2004 04:27 PM

If you were going to pinch some then you should have pinched the normal smileys since they are much nicer than the dodgy msn ones. ;)

bfrye 09-16-2004 08:09 PM

Guess... try this site.. http://emoticons4u.com/

Hundreds of transparent animated emoticons.

bfrye 09-16-2004 08:10 PM

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoti...ans/fahr05.gif

Neverender 10-02-2004 05:57 PM

If you would like I would be more then happy to make the icons transparent for you.

Gothalyptic 10-02-2004 05:58 PM

Holy crap! Luke Skywalker as a smiley face haha. Emoticons are fun.

Tom 10-03-2004 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverender
If you would like I would be more then happy to make the icons transparent for you.

Please do, that would be fantastic! Just save all the images, and then send them, once transparent to [email address]

stonent 01-07-2005 05:30 AM

I thought a good "emoticon" would be the odd keys on the blackberry (moon, 0^ , CAP^, SYM) to make it easier to explain things to new people.

Press :moon: :cap: :del:

d123456 01-07-2005 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonent
I thought a good "emoticon" would be the odd keys on the blackberry (moon, 0^ , CAP^, SYM) to make it easier to explain things to new people.

thats a great idea!!!

Peench 01-08-2005 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d123456
Quote:

Originally Posted by stonent

thats a great idea!!!

I agree wholeheartedly as I was just reading a post thinking to myself "what is the moon key again...?"

Mark Rejhon 02-07-2005 11:22 AM

I already made some transparent icons a while back, but Guess has not given me access privelages necessary to do the change myself. I might as well email them directly to Tom :D

______

Edit: I just made some BlackBerry emoticons too as well ;)
Edit2: Your wish is my command. :D

- Transparent icons added
- BlackBerry key icons added.
- BlackBerry logo added.

:D :) :( :o :x 8) :? :shock: :P :oops: :cry: :wink: (n) (y) :idea:

:enter: :sym: :cap: :shift: :del: :space: :alt: :bb:

The code will show when you click http://www.blackberryforums.com/temp...icon_quote.gif.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Example usage
The ALT key is the key with the crescent moon, like :alt: ...

And, to reboot your BlackBerry, hit :alt: + :cap: + :del: simultaneously.

Mark Rejhon 02-08-2005 08:12 PM

Hopefully these gets more thumbs up (y) than thumbs down (n) ...

To reboot a BlackBerry, hit :alt: + :cap: + :del: simultaneously.

To page down in an email quickly, hit the :space: key to jump to the next screenful of email.

To start selecting text, hold :shift: while spinning thumbwheel.

To enter infrequently used punctuation, hit the :sym: key.

Dammit, I need a spell checker :del: :del: :del: :del: :del: :oops:

You don't know what the ALT key is? It's the :alt: key.

Enjoy your :bb: .

Code:

Hopefully these gets more thumbs up xxx40;yxxx41; than thumbs down xxx40;nxxx41; ...

To reboot a BlackBerry, hit xxx58;altxxx58; + xxx58;capxxx58; + xxx58;delxxx58; simultaneously.

To page down in an email quickly, hit the xxx58;spacexxx58; key to jump to the next screenful of email.

To start selecting text, hold xxx58;shiftxxx58; while spinning thumbwheel.

To enter infrequently used punctuation, hit the xxx58;symxxx58; key.

Dammit, I need a spell checker xxx58;delxxx58; xxx58;delxxx58; xxx58;delxxx58; xxx58;delxxx58; xxx58;delxxx58; xxx58;oopsxxx58;

You don't know what the ALT key is?  It's the xxx58;altxxx58; key.

Enjoy your xxx58;bbxxx58; .

Note to other forum websites: These key icons may not be copied. These were created by Mark Rejhon and are only for BlackBerryForums.com use only at this time.

Tom 02-08-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
Note to other forum websites: These key icons may not be copied. These were created by Mark Rejhon and are only for BlackBerryForums.com use only at this time.

Another Note, Since these icons were created by Mark Rejhon for use on these forums, they have become the copywritten property of BlackBerryForums and BlackBerryClub series of websites.