BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Quick question about SMS threading for you guys... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=230786)

Hanwei 07-14-2010 04:41 PM

Quick question about SMS threading for you guys...

So a friend of mine has a Tour... and he had a huge SMS thread with one of his contacts. Yesterday, he sent a brand new SMS to that contact (outside of the existing thread) and now his previous SMS thread with that contact is nowhere to be found.

Is that old SMS thread now gone because he started a new one? Or is that old thread simply in a folder somewhere or "hidden"?

He has some important info in that old thread that he'd like to access... so any suggestions would be super helpful. Thanks guys!

Hanwei

Hanwei 07-14-2010 07:07 PM

Nobody, huh?

deekum1627 07-15-2010 01:59 PM

mostlikey gone b/c he started a new one but im not 100% sure. sorry

Hanwei 07-16-2010 02:02 AM

No problem... thanks anyway!

I hope someone who knows for sure comes along soon. He'd like to avoid this happening in the future.

Chrscott22 07-18-2010 08:06 AM

Well you can only have one thead per person going at once. So if he already had one going on with someone and went to create a new message for that same person it would automatically bring up the old thread for him to continue chatting. It's not even possible to hide sms or move them to a saved folder. He may have just accidentally cleared it.

Sydman 07-21-2010 07:23 PM

Yeah I am thinking he cleared it, because on mine if I go to start a new conversation it still jumps me right back into my old one with that person. As long as its still on the message list. Just double checked it and it didn't clear out old convo.

Sydman 07-21-2010 07:24 PM

Does he have it set to auto delete after a certain time period? Might want to take that off if he plans on keeping messages with important info.

jmoreton 07-21-2010 08:52 PM

If the other person replies the thread might come back???

Chrscott22 07-21-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanwei (Post 1628405)
He has some important info in that old thread that he'd like to access... so any suggestions would be super helpful. Thanks guys!

Hanwei

Did he do a backup sometime after receiving the important text?? If so he can just do a restore.

Hanwei 07-23-2010 12:40 AM

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all of the replies!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrscott22 (Post 1629228)
Well you can only have one thead per person going at once. So if he already had one going on with someone and went to create a new message for that same person it would automatically bring up the old thread for him to continue chatting. It's not even possible to hide sms or move them to a saved folder. He may have just accidentally cleared it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydman (Post 1630780)
Yeah I am thinking he cleared it, because on mine if I go to start a new conversation it still jumps me right back into my old one with that person. As long as its still on the message list. Just double checked it and it didn't clear out old convo.

He swears he didn't clear the conversation. He said he simply started a new conversation... and the old one disappeared. Weird.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydman (Post 1630782)
Does he have it set to auto delete after a certain time period? Might want to take that off if he plans on keeping messages with important info.

It was set to delete after 30 days... (which he quickly changed). But the missing conversation was the only one gone... out of all of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmoreton (Post 1630794)
If the other person replies the thread might come back???

The other person replied to his "new" text... and the new conversation started. Old one disappeared.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrscott22 (Post 1630795)
Did he do a backup sometime after receiving the important text?? If so he can just do a restore.

No backup.