BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Sensitive Discussions (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   North Korea. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=191460)

DacyJ 05-27-2009 09:53 AM

Wirelessly posted (Hey I'm cool…)

So what are your thoughts on North Korea and the actions they have been doing? Now I'm reading that if their ships get searched the war is on.

test54 05-27-2009 10:00 AM

I think every bit of this is to act as a deterrent. Using Cold War tactics to prevent him (Kim) from being the next Saddam. Same strategy used by Iran. They use Nuclear programs as deterrent because the idea works.

The tough choice is to not overreact. All they want is a greater status internationally and to prevent an invasion. just my opinion.

kathrynhr 05-27-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1392782)
... All they want is a greater status internationally and to prevent an invasion. just my opinion.

Mine too. That's what every nation wants, I'd say. Watching international diplomacy unfold is a lot like watching little kids at recess.

LunkHead 05-27-2009 06:28 PM

Bomb em back into the stone age!!!

Ez cheesy solution!

Kris

test54 05-27-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunkHead (Post 1393115)
Bomb em back into the stone age!!!

Ez cheesy solution!

Kris

glad you would find it so easy to put soldiers in danger. I bet the US dead in any bombing missions would hardly say "Ez cheesy." I guess once a warmonger, always a war monger.

my post above is still my opinion. there is no need to risk anyone's lives because their goals are only to keep themselves from being invaded.

Dawg 05-27-2009 08:13 PM

How does bombing them back to the stone age endanger US soldiers other than the pilots. Thats what the stealth bombers are for. Just like their patch says when it absolutly positively needs to be taken out over night.

I have no issue putting soldiers in danger thats what they signed up for. Hence the guns and armerment and traing we give them via tax dollars..

If it was a draft i may think differently but these are volunteer soldiers.

akosnitzky 05-27-2009 08:25 PM

We need to take them very seriously

DacyJ 05-27-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akosnitzky

I agree with you, this is either going to be nothing or a disaster. In a way a also agree with Lunk, but what would happen if we where to honestly do that?

ScooterG 05-27-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akosnitzky (Post 1393188)

Agreed.

And further thoughts:

To those that say bomb them to oblivion, seek first to understand. Have you ever been a part of any country that has been bombed to oblivion before? Right or wrong as you may see it? Nope, didn't think so...neither have I and I don't wish that upon anyone, no matter what their leader/dictator may do or say.

Russia, China and Japan need to lead the UN in handling this situation. It's their backyard, let them be the major players. The last thing we need is another Asian conflict in a recessionary time.

All the best to Obama in making the best decision for our country and it's future.

test54 05-28-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1393177)
How does bombing them back to the stone age endanger US soldiers other than the pilots. Thats what the stealth bombers are for. Just like their patch says when it absolutly positively needs to be taken out over night.

I have no issue putting soldiers in danger thats what they signed up for. Hence the guns and armerment and traing we give them via tax dollars..

If it was a draft i may think differently but these are volunteer soldiers.

No battle or war is won by pilots alone. Even if its just special forces troops on the ground to scout target. But my point is that its unnecessary at this time.

Of course you take the situation seriously but do not overreact and force them into acting. My opinion as stated above is that their end game is simply existing and using their nuclear program as both a deterrent & negotiating tactic.

LunkHead 05-28-2009 08:25 AM

If you want trigger happy unreasonable people having nukes that can reach the US then more power to ya pal....

I on the other hand don't really have a desire for a fanatic to have his finger on a button that can wipe my son off the planet...

Kris

test54 05-28-2009 08:33 AM

How do you know they are trigger happy? have they used that trigger? is your son in Japan or South Korea?

DacyJ 05-28-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54
How do you know they are trigger happy? have they used that trigger? is your son in Japan or South Korea?

Look at how many missiles they have shot into the sea of Japan, I agree with Lunk once again in that North Korea IS trigger happy and I think they are looking for a war no matter what is done. If you look at the time line yahoo.com has linked it shows all the crap they have done that they shouldn't have and show when they where doing what they should. I hate to say it but something is going to happen with NK and it isn't going to be good.

test54 05-28-2009 01:29 PM

How is test firing missiles considered being trigger happy? If so then we are the most trigger happy nation in the world. Ignoring the UN & the US is all part of negotiating tactic. atleast in my opinion.

Dawg 05-28-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1393731)
How is test firing missiles considered being trigger happy? If so then we are the most trigger happy nation in the world. Ignoring the UN & the US is all part of negotiating tactic. atleast in my opinion.

we arent under nuclear sanctions we can fire all the missles we want they cant. that makes them trigger happy.

test54 05-28-2009 11:10 PM

Well we ignore the UN why can't they? You even want to disband the UN.

kathrynhr 05-29-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1393731)

What he said. (y)

Dawg 05-29-2009 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1394131)
Well we ignore the UN why can't they? You even want to disband the UN.

I dont care if they disband or not I just want them out of the US. IM not even gonna argue this with you.

You are a no war give everyone hugs and kisses type of a person so I will not waste my time discussing war with you any more.

djm2 05-29-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1394216)
I dont care if they disband or not I just want them out of the US. IM not even gonna argue this with you.

You are a no war give everyone hugs and kisses type of a person so I will not waste my time discussing war with you any more.

That is so typical of your approach to logic. Pathetic.

LunkHead 05-29-2009 11:25 AM

Having served in 2 different combat zone I will tell you that I wish war on no one... However, we must protect our nation from freaks having the ability to reach out and touch us from afar.

Give them notice, disband the testing or we will disband it for you. We don't need to turn the joint into a parking lot, we only need to turn the test sites and manufacturing sites into parking lots.

Simple solution.... Give them 30-days to prove it's over and done and if it's not or if they wish to continue to play games on day 31.... Bombs away...

Kris