BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BES12 SP upgrade worked but web consoles now unavailable (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=266695)

Orinoko 03-03-2015 10:37 AM

BES12 SP upgrade worked but web consoles now unavailable

Upgraded from BES12 to SP1 and in the logs it appears that Tomcat is having issues, the self service and admin pages load without error and the correct cert is on there but the page is just blank:

Code:

ERROR Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'tcp-server-to-client-workflow.ProcessServerRequest': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [com.rim.platform.mdm.tcp.client.activity.ProcessTcpServerMessageActivity] while setting bean property 'activity'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#44': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private com.rim.platform.mdm.tcp.messaging.WorkflowBasedIncomingMessageRouterFactory com.rim.platform.mdm.tcp.client.activity.ProcessTcpServerMessageActivity.incomingHandler; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'tcpProxyClient' defined in URL [jar:file:/E:/BES12/BlackBerry/BES/Core/tomcat-core/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/bcp.core.plugin.comm-1.9.0.28.jar!/META-INF/spring/dwff-comm-plugin-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelException: Failed to bind to: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:12001

Code:

ERROR BESNG        SUMMARY: Caught an exception while trying to execute 'URA/unauth:getPICWEnabled' on domain BESNG within 178ms
Caused by com.rim.mdm.ui.common.driverspecific.BadDomainHTTPRequestException: Failed to GET http://127.0.0.1:12001/config/prefix?name=feature.picw (correlationId=14f4b7c6-0e87-4456-a9e3-b9c1585fc091): status=404
        at com.rim.mdm.ui.server.rest.RESTCaller$class.checkErrors(RESTCaller.scala:256

Code:

[localhost-startStop-1] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/] - Exception starting filter bwsWsdlFilter
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'tcp-server-to-client-workflow.ProcessServerRequest': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [com.rim.platform.mdm.tcp.client.activity.ProcessTcpServerMessageActivity] while setting bean property 'activity'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#44': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private com.rim.platform.mdm.tcp.messaging.WorkflowBasedIncomingMessageRouterFactory com.rim.platform.mdm.tcp.client.activity.ProcessTcpServerMessageActivity.incomingHandler; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'tcpProxyClient' defined in URL [jar:file:/E:/BES12/BlackBerry/BES/Core/tomcat-core/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/bcp.core.plugin.comm-1.9.0.28.jar!/META-INF/spring/dwff-comm-plugin-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelException: Failed to bind to: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:12001

Any ideas at all?

I've created a new server and added it to the BB domain and its got exactly the same problems which makes me think there must be a problem in the BESMgmt datebase.

Thanks!

knottyrope 03-03-2015 11:37 AM

Re: BES12 SP upgrade worked but web consoles now unavailable

port 12001 in use by another app?

Orinoko 03-03-2015 12:16 PM

The only thing listening on 12001 is tomcat7.exe located in the BES12 directory.

xelan 03-23-2015 03:50 PM

I'm having exactly the same issue. Additionally I have android and ios users reporting messaging outage during this console issue. Server reboot temporary helps.
However my exception is little bit different:

2015-03-23T09:30:58.943-0400 qtp1612806199-10145 ERROR BESNG SUMMARY: Caught an exception while trying to execute 'URA/unauth:getPICWEnabled' on domain BESNG within 30016ms
Caused by java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Were you able to resolve this?

freakinvibe 03-25-2015 12:25 PM

I am having the exact same issue as the original poster. Upgraded from
12.0.1 to 12.1.0. After the upgrade the admin console stays blank. Same errors in the UI log. 8 GB RAM, 50% used.

freakinvibe 03-27-2015 01:17 PM

OK, I fixed the problem:

That's it, I got my console back!

Make sure that 8083 is not in use by any other service. Especially check if it does not conflict with BES 10 if you have this still on the same server.