BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   OS: HKCSL 4.2.2.321 / 4.2.2.175 (Chinese/English) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=108116)

illy 12-05-2007 01:56 AM

(out for some days but i didnt see a topic yet)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.321 (Chinese)

Package Version: 4.2.2.321
Applications: 4.2.2.175
Software Platform: 2.4.0.77

This version also contains the English language files, but it's easy to add other languages if you need them. Just install handheld software which contains your language and copy the language related files to the Java folder of this release (found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files). In my case for dutch language, I copy all files which have "nl" in the filename. I do this everytime and i have never had any problems using this method.

Download Link: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B42B2DBB8F27B6

To install this software on any GSM Curve:

1. Download and install the latest Desktop Manager from here
2. Download and install the OS packaged linked above.
3. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Connect BB, open Desktop Manager and you should be prompted to upgrade.

(Link to previous OS thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...2-173-a-3.html

davi00 12-05-2007 02:20 AM

Does the new version have Korean input system?

I have one version before this and have only Korean output and no input.

greggebhardt 12-05-2007 06:20 AM

I am sticking on what OS I have now and wait for 4.3! All is working well

JordanA 12-05-2007 10:18 AM

Issues post upgrade?

Has anyone that has tried this new(er) OS had issues or problems after the upgrade?

Spencer_CDS 12-05-2007 01:10 PM

Also available through SmarTone-Vodafone: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4B931C35A169B0

zkyevolved 12-05-2007 07:04 PM

Yeah I'm going to wait for 4.3 :) Can't wait!

c3po25 12-07-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanA (Post 763940)
Has anyone that has tried this new(er) OS had issues or problems after the upgrade?

Loaded the OS, no major changes just seem to runs smoother and for me the web seems a bit faster....but other than that no changes.

Perfect Storm 12-07-2007 12:30 PM

Has anyone else had an issue with the hourglass popping up every few seconds? It's possible it's related to the new version of Viigo but I'm not sure

Nextel User 12-07-2007 01:28 PM

been using this for a few weeks now. works fine for me.

JordanA 12-07-2007 05:51 PM

Hour Glass

I did notice the hour glass pop up every few seconds, right after the install completed and the hand held underwent the auto initiated Enterprise Activation process. You can monitor the process by going to Setting - Options - Advanced Options - Enterprise Activation. If you are still undergoing activation, it will give a % of completion the top (and show the pending items). If you are done, it will say "Status: Activated on [date]". Hope this helps.

After the enterprise activation completed - no more hour glass every few minutes.

c3po25 12-07-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm (Post 766775)
Has anyone else had an issue with the hourglass popping up every few seconds? It's possible it's related to the new version of Viigo but I'm not sure

can't say that I had that problem...I also have the new Viigo and I haven't had any problems

Medic48 12-08-2007 02:36 AM

Installation on my BlackBerry 8300 (primary unit), previously running v4.2.2.173 (Platform 2.4.0.76).

Problems: None

Will report on anything I find.

Thanks,
--Phil

akc786 12-08-2007 07:27 AM

I will wait for OS 4.3

vinmontRD 12-08-2007 09:57 AM

Yup...I have Sing Tel 4.2.2.173 / 2.4.0.76 right now, and it has been generally excellent. Very stable, good use of memory, responsive UI. I don't see any reason to change when I wouldn't see any differences. I have a feeling 4.3 will be my next upgrade too.

rambo47 12-08-2007 10:31 AM

I just updated my Curve (unlocked Rogers unit, running on T-Mobile). I had the O2 operating system on it since back when that was the only one that would give you web browsers on TMo. Now I'm on 4.2.2.175 (321) / 2.4.0.77. Runs smooth and silky! I actually only did the upgrade because I wanted to delete Voice Dialing and free up some memory. Previously I had about 19 MB free but this would drop to 17.5 MB during the day. Not dangerous, but as I added more programs like IdeaMatrix I began to worry that my database would build up and my free memory would dip perilously low. Deleting VAD was a no-brainer and also gave me the perfect excuse to upgrade to the latest OS while I was at it. Now I've got 25MB of free memory, more than enough to squirrel away notes and email without worrying. At least until OS 4.3 comes out for my Curve!

Rick James 12-10-2007 12:01 AM

Hkcsl - Memo Pad & Task Do Not Synchronize

I have read other posts and nothing works? e-mails & address book are working fine but Memo & Tasks do not synchronize wirlessly. any ideas/suggestions?

frank2006 12-11-2007 11:44 AM

Installed on my bb 8300 att, no plm found.

Await for 4.3 =)

vinmontRD 12-11-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick James (Post 769185)
I have read other posts and nothing works? e-mails & address book are working fine but Memo & Tasks do not synchronize wirlessly. any ideas/suggestions?

Unless you're using BES (blackberry enterprise server), this is normal. BIS (blackberry internet services) only syncs email.

Only option for wireless sync while using BIS is to find a service that will host your calendar, notes, and address book in an environment is that "SyncML-friendly". There are a few, and you can find a client to download and install on your BB that would use your BB data connection to talk to the host via SyncML. You'd also need to install a client connection on your PC that will connect Outlook on your PC to the SyncML-friendly server / host.

A bit convoluted, but it should work. I haven't tried this yet, but probably will once I have some breathing room (maybe after New Year). In theory, this should let your phone carrier's BIS service handle email, and the SyncML host handle calendar, tasks and address book. You may need to keep Outlook running - not sure - the client may talk to it as a COM+ server - but that would still invoke it as a background task I believe. Not a big deal, but your PC would have to be on, with Internet access going for this to work.

I've be much happier if a new version of BIS supported this, and our carriers would maintain the calendar / tasks / address book on their sites, so we could have a single vendor solution. I'm not holding my breather, though, as this would require carriers to suddenly become responsible for hosting a load of personally identifiable info that becomes a burden and a risk.

- Jon