BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, News & Problems (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Better Beta OS thread organization (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=205228)

Caspan 09-24-2009 08:07 AM

Better Beta OS thread organization

okay have to make a post here cause people don't seem to know what people are looking for. I understand the point of this thread Sanders.. I really do but when you want to beta test something I could care less about what known version there is for my device I want to know the latest OS that I can download for me device! How about 2 sections one for known or pictured OS version and another for downloadable OS.. There is nothing worse then trying to find the latest Beta OS for a device and you have to sift through the junk only to find out later it was only a sighting and not an actually downloadable version.

zerog46 09-24-2009 08:12 AM

You might want to try the search button. After all your ranting and raving I really don't see to many members helping you out.

jsconyers 09-24-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caspan (Post 1477167)
okay have to make a post here cause people don't seem to know what people are looking for. I understand the point of this thread Sanders.. I really do but when you want to beta test something I could care less about what known version there is for my device I want to know the latest OS that I can download for me device! How about 2 sections one for known or pictured OS version and another for downloadable OS.. There is nothing worse then trying to find the latest Beta OS for a device and you have to sift through the junk only to find out later it was only a sighting and not an actually downloadable version.

This is a strictly informative thread as it states many times throughout the thread. If you could care less about what the latest OS version for each device is, then there's really no reason for you to be reading this thread.

I also believe starting a thread like you want would be against forum policy in a way as this forum is not too keen on sharing leaked OSes. Furthermore, most of the time when a new OS is leaked, there are at least 5 threads started on it.

jsconyers 09-24-2009 01:59 PM

Caspan,

In regard to your suggestion, would you want one thread that had all the available beta OSes available for download for each device? In your other posts, you suggested that you were only interested in Bold OSes.

A new thread could be started on this, but it would need to be updated (original post) and that would take a mod to do as we cannot edit posts after 120 minutes of posting. It would also take a community effort to keep it up to date and accurate. I know, for one, I am not looking for leaked OSes for the 8900, Tour, 9000, etc. as I have no interest in them. I am sure you're not looking for leaked OSes for the Storm, Tour, etc. yourself.

Would your thread also include links to these leakes OSes? That in itself is against forum policy.

Caspan 09-24-2009 02:11 PM

@jsconyers

No I don't think you could do links I agree that it is most likely against forum policy. I have suggested a lot of things to be honest :) what would be nice is what I suggested in the other post that the forums be restructured to

Device
- Device related software
- Device Related Beta
- ETC

so that if you are a Bold, Storm user what ever you have everything at your finger tips for your device. 5.0.0.190 for a Bold is not the same code as 5.0.0.190 for a Tour they are similar but different hardware so to have one thread about the 5.0.0.190 bugs is useless cause it spans many devices.

And yes you are correct it would have to be a moderator that starts the thread to keep it up to date. I am a very intelligent person and I know how to search and I am not kidding you it took me over 5 hours to figure out what the latest OS was that was publicly available for my Bold. In todays day and age that is just nuts. I dabble a bit in the Beta section but not all the time so I was not following the leaks and stuff so to come in blind and take that long to find it was crappy.

MrKyoo 09-24-2009 02:58 PM

Yawn....not gonna happen'

Caspan 09-24-2009 03:02 PM

Wow the moderators on this site are so willing to do things to help users... it wont ever happen cause everyone of you moderators are to stuck in your ways.. open your eyes and change with the times there is too much information to sort through to not start containerizing these things. But you keep doing what you always do.. appreciate the help and useless comment. bunch of sheep unwilling to help impove a system that is runnig on a broken leg.

juwaack68 09-24-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caspan (Post 1477432)
I am a very intelligent person and I know how to search and I am not kidding you it took me over 5 hours to figure out what the latest OS was that was publicly available for my Bold. In todays day and age that is just nuts. I dabble a bit in the Beta section but not all the time so I was not following the leaks and stuff so to come in blind and take that long to find it was crappy.

Did you look here?

Current BlackBerry handheld OS releases - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

JSanders 09-24-2009 03:24 PM

The man wants the "latest leaked beta OS" most current. By device.
He over-worked his googler already today looking too hard.

jsconyers 09-24-2009 03:25 PM

Those appear to be officially released OSes. He wants a thread like that with leaked OSes.

Caspan 09-24-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1477515)
The man wants the "latest leaked beta OS" most current. By device.
He over-worked his googler already today looking too hard.

Enough JSanders go be petty somewhere else.....

NJBlackBerry 09-24-2009 03:28 PM

Caspan - you are having a miserable day.

If this is important to you, create the web page. You've done nothing by whine today.

Caspan 09-24-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juwaack68 (Post 1477505)

Thanks for the try but I have found the latest 'Leaked" Beta OS for 5 and the Bold. But you just prove a point :) the thread has been turned into a new structure for finding content

Caspan 09-24-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1477521)
Caspan - you are having a miserable day.

If this is important to you, create the web page. You've done nothing by whine today.

I posted 2 posts its not wining all days I left you all alone and jsanders decided to be a smart ass and post in here. I started my own thread if you don't like it leave...

juwaack68 09-24-2009 03:31 PM

Ohhhh! How...silly of me. I thought when he said

Quote:

latest OS was that was publicly available
it meant...uh, publicly available OSs. I'll go back to work now.

NJBlackBerry 09-24-2009 03:31 PM

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Caspan 09-24-2009 03:31 PM

sorry correction I was forced into my own thread...

JSanders 09-24-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caspan (Post 1477519)
Enough JSanders go be petty somewhere else.....

You don't care for a moderator to assist to clarify your request? :razz:

Caspan 09-24-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juwaack68 (Post 1477526)
Ohhhh! How...silly of me. I thought when he said

it meant...uh, publicly available OSs. I'll go back to work now.

No its okay please don't this is just stupid now... people are being asses now trying to prove a point that they are moderators and there is nothing we can do about them being asses. so they win. I have unsubscribe from this thread I wont be looking at it again.

JSanders 09-24-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caspan (Post 1477525)
I posted 2 posts its not wining all days I left you all alone and jsanders decided to be a smart ass and post in here. I started my own thread if you don't like it leave...

Flat out lie. You have posted many more than two, and then you went back and deleted the content of several of those.

Be truthful, but don't take your disagreement with me out on everyone else.