BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Status: Recieving the "Launch" 8700c (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=18404)

Dude 11-02-2005 06:16 PM

The purpose of this thread is to share the progress of the 8700c receipt by those who attended one of the Launch Events. Please post here as soon as you receive any communication from the Cingular Sales Executives.

The poll that's included with this thread is intended to be a quick indicator of our progress. Only vote on it once you have received a communication from Cingular and/or after you have recieved the device.

EDIT: if you simply wish to view the results of the poll, please click "View Poll Results" - do not use the Vote button.
The "Cingular has contacted me..." option means that Cingular has contacted you *after* you have attented a Launch Event.

Personal Update: I went to the NYC Launch Event on Nov 1. Nothing to report today :)

For background info see: http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=18313

FKI 11-04-2005 10:50 AM

Anyone?

dolo 11-04-2005 11:52 AM

Thanks for putting this together dude.

I was just logging on now to do the exact thing. I also attended the NYC event, nothing.
I read somewhere in another thread/forum that blackberries should be in hand the week prior to the 21st.

Not confirming any facts.

Regards,
dolo

Robo 11-05-2005 02:49 AM

All the cool kids already have them :-P

dolo 11-05-2005 01:32 PM

For those that have received contact from Cingular, please share the discussion.
was it:
1) address confirmation to have your device sent, no questions asked?
2) confirmation and an effor to upsell services, ultimately the device still being free with no commitment?
3) Free only with commitment, contract extension or BB add on plan?

Regards,
dolo

Dude 11-06-2005 02:43 PM

Voting Results

As of this moment, we have 3 users indicating that they have been contacted by Cingular, and one indicating receipt of 8700c. Unfortunately, I have confirmation that at least one of the "contact" votes was entered inadvertently; I suspect the same for all others.

I would be very happy to be wrong, so please post and share your experiences. If your vote was indeed incorrectly entered, PM me so I don't get unnecessarily jealous. ;-)

rjharary 11-06-2005 09:59 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I didn't even get a call, did you dude? PM me if you can.

kd78 11-07-2005 12:01 AM

How about adding another option on the poll:
"have not heard from my cingular/rim rep"

Scooters 11-07-2005 10:07 AM

I don't think that you can add that choice to the poll.

Folks who answer the poll with a "negative" on Monday, hear from Cingular on Wednesday and get their unit on Friday, will skew the poll information.

Dude 11-07-2005 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooters
Folks who answer the poll with a "negative" on Monday, hear from Cingular on Wednesday and get their unit on Friday, will skew the poll information.

Skewing shouldn't be a problem. I made the poll a "multiple selection". In the end, if everyone follows up with status updates, the number of "contacts" will be equal to the number of "receipts".

-Dude

blkberryboy 11-07-2005 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude
Unfortunately, I have confirmation that at least one of the "contact" votes was entered inadvertently; I suspect the same for all others.

I think it was me and yes inadvertant, a fat finger error.

gBerry 11-07-2005 10:22 AM

Go for it dude...

I second the motion to add another option to the poll.
At least this way us jealous ones, can feel comfortable in the knowledge that we are not alone...

crisambo 11-07-2005 10:26 AM

I received email this morning from rep inquiring if I'm available tomorrow so he can personally deliver the 8700c. Obviously, I replied, yes. I didn't go into details.... I'll just have to hear what he has to say and report back after.

Stinsonddog 11-07-2005 10:53 AM

crisambo, was this the rep

that got you the invite or just someone local to where you are?

Dude 11-07-2005 11:19 AM

Just got a call at work! Didn't recognize the number on caller ID and got really excited!! Didn't recongnize the voice on the other end, got even more excited!!! The call was from a vendor, promising to stop by this week and drop off a ... mug. At least all that excitement didn't go to complete waste :)

P.S. If anyone knows how to add options to an existing poll, I will gladly do so.

rjharary 11-07-2005 11:41 AM

I hope it's a Cingular mug! I cant stand the wait any longer.

Scooters 11-07-2005 12:42 PM

I'll bet the mug has the standard Cingular logo, the signal strength meter, and the following: "I went to the 8700 Rollout Reception and all I got was this durn mug!"

Be patient, the 8700s will be here soon!

Dude 11-07-2005 01:18 PM

Scooters, I wish it was a Cingular mug, but it's going to be some random vendor mug.

All, by popular demand, and with jibi's assistance, we now have two more options on the poll:
1. I have not attended a Launch Event (so nobody feels left out)
2. I have attended a Launch Event but have not yet been contacted.

The options are not in logical order due to the addition, so read them all before making your selections (brings back test memories, doesn't it :) )

P.S. It felt good to vote :)

Mlwii 11-07-2005 01:30 PM

I'm curious to know if Cingular is contacting attendees of all launch events at the same time (one list of all attendees that they are working from?) or if they are focusing on each city one at a time. Those that have been contacted, what launch event did you attend?

Scooters 11-07-2005 01:41 PM

Let's think about it.... If they had the same national crew doing 3 major events on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; they would have traveled home on Friday. I'm sure that they didn't get much rest during the week before the event. Soooooo they probably are just now getting back to the office, having a staff meeting, compling their data, etc.

It isn't surprising that you haven't heard from them.