BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9900 Series Discussion - Bold Touch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Apps Unavailable and no BB ringtones for 9930??? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=253303)

isupreme7 09-11-2011 12:12 PM

Apps Unavailable and no BB ringtones for 9930???

What???? can you tell me why apps that Blackberry developed such as AIM and myspace are not available for this developed for this phone nor traditional ring tones are installed on this phone. this so wack. any idea if blackberry is workin on this?

aiharkness 09-11-2011 12:25 PM

Re: Apps Unavailable and no BB ringtones for 9930???

I don't know about those apps, but there seem to be some RIM add-on apps that are included in the OS but not installed on the device--or there may be. If you haven't run Desktop Manager and used the applications feature to check, it is worth doing. But if they aren't there, your guess is as good as anyone's on if and when?

I'm with you on the tones. I miss sonar, but the telegraph is a worthy replacement for me. But I really want the original lightspeed.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

ZombieBerry 09-11-2011 12:49 PM

MySpace may be accessed from the Browser, I doubt we will see a MySpace App anytime after 2005. Aim? Sure it works, as a stand alone, or with Trillian, or with IM+

You can download all the older ringtones...

net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_03_b.cod OS 5 or

Loading ... OTA

BlackBerry Torch 9800 rings.rar - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage .Rar file for OS 6

If you ever upgrade your OS or wipe the phone, just reinstall.

rambo47 09-11-2011 02:48 PM

MySpace??! Are they still around? It's up to them to make their apps compatible. They're the developer, not RIM.

PJD642 09-12-2011 07:16 AM

What Zombieberry said above...click his "loading" link from your phone's browser and you'll download all of the OS 5 ringtones directly to your phone.

And yeah, I have no idea why they decided not to include all of them, in OS 6 or beyond. I'd rather have them than a bunch of wallpapers I'm not gonna use.

Preroll 09-12-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1743671)
but there seem to be some RIM add-on apps that are included in the OS but not installed on the device

Do you know specifically what those apps are by chance? I ran DM and all I could see were the core apps and some languages that are not installed. Just curious.

Thanks.

aiharkness 09-12-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preroll (Post 1743887)
Do you know specifically what those apps are by chance? I ran DM and all I could see were the core apps and some languages that are not installed. Just curious.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what I was thinking. I was wrong.

Preroll 09-12-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1743899)
I'm not sure what I was thinking. I was wrong.

OK. No worries. Thought I was missin' out on some stuff that's all!

Thanks anyway.