BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   RIM Stock/Legal Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   T-Mobile Message to BlackBerry Customers (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=26123)

wrxboi 02-10-2006 02:56 PM

T-Mobile Message to BlackBerry Customers

T-Mobile Message to BlackBerry Customers
on RIM Announcement of Contingency Software Update
February 9, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued T-Mobile BlackBerry Customer:

Some of you have asked us about the patent litigation between Research In Motion Limited® (RIM®), manufacturer of BlackBerry devices and enabler of BlackBerry services, and NTP, and how it may affect you. In the lawsuit, NTP claims that RIM’s BlackBerry e-email system infringes various NTP patents, and NTP is seeking a court order that would prevent continued operation of certain aspects of RIM’s BlackBerry service in its current design.

RIM has announced it has designed and tested a software update that would allow its partners and customers to continue to use the BlackBerry service without interruption, and with no visible effect on the end users’ ongoing experience. According to RIM, the software update will only be necessary, and only be implemented, should the court issue an injunction in the current litigation involving the NTP patents. T-Mobile has been working with RIM on plans to implement this new software update, should it be necessary. T-Mobile has also been testing this software update in cooperation with RIM, and the results of such testing, to date, have verified its functionality.

How does this matter affect you? You should continue to use your T-Mobile BlackBerry as you normally do. There is no need for a software update at the present time. RIM will announce at a later time the process for downloading any necessary software update, which will be made available at no charge. T-Mobile also will keep you informed about any significant news or developments.

For additional information, please see RIM’s press release and additional information about its new software design, which is available online at www.blackberry.com/go/workaround.

T-Mobile is firmly committed to industry-leading customer care, and providing customers with innovative wireless products and services such as the BlackBerry. As always, thank you for being a loyal T-Mobile customer.

lunchboxfett 02-10-2006 05:21 PM

Looks like T-Mobile has at least verified that it has the code and has tested it. I have not heard from any other carrier that they certified the code for their network.

js7730 02-12-2006 09:27 PM

As a Mac to BB 7730 user, I'm worried that whatever software workarounds will require a PC to upload the new software. Never have found a Mac to BB program that provides such a link.

As a T-Mobile BB customer, I'm worried about the lost T-Mobile BB web client access. I haven't seen anything productive on the T-Mobile web site that assists me in setting up my BB, or acts nearly like the former BB web client access site.

Finally, I never saw this message from T-Mobile either in my bill, on my BB or via email.

Well, just cross my fingers.

phillyslickster 02-13-2006 09:51 AM

At least T-Mobile thinks enough of its customers to even address the issue, Cingular has said anything to us about it. The BB support personnel haven't made mention of it either. We won't even mention Cingular's CS dept or their sales reps, they couldn't answer a question correctly if their life depended on it.

Mark_Venture 02-13-2006 03:08 PM

Where did T-Mobile post this? (I didn't see link, and boss wants to know)

Michbb 02-13-2006 03:25 PM

It was sent as a free text message to all Tmobile customers on their BB's

John Clark 02-13-2006 10:04 PM

I never got such a message from T-Mobile.

BuZ 02-14-2006 07:28 AM

This message can be found on T-Mobile Message to BlackBerry Customers

Hyper7PCR 02-21-2006 04:50 PM

Will T-Mobile get new BB8700 soon? When?

NJBlackBerry 02-21-2006 05:00 PM

Late March/Early April.

Hyper7PCR 02-22-2006 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Late March/Early April.

How do you know on late March/Early April? I did not see any information.

NJBlackBerry 02-22-2006 02:42 AM

Because an Engineering Manager at T-Mobile told me that last week. And he's been right so far and that's good enough for me.

Bigjohn 02-22-2006 03:03 PM

Not that NJBlackBerry has ever needed backing up (at least as far as I could see), but I got exactly the same timeframe from my account reps...

BigJohn

PetraFan007 02-23-2006 12:40 AM

I'm an authorized dealer for T-Mobile. They really are great. Their customer service is teriffic. Hopefully, someday I can move up to ACTUAL T-Mobile (instead of Wireless Advocates). We do Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. I hate Sprint with a passion, and Verizon is pretty good. But I see huge potential with T-Mobile, and I'll probably end up working for them someday.

northgull 02-23-2006 09:48 AM

Thus far, Cingular has been disappointing in its lack of keeping BB clients informed!