BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Bluetooth Connection (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   using 7100's BT with BT car?? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=5224)

iriesound311 03-23-2005 01:45 PM

using 7100's BT with BT car??

I see a lot of posts about not being able to transfer data between computer and device with bluetooth on the 7100s but what about using it with a bluetooth enabled navi system in a new car? is that 'voice' just like using the headsets or data?

harleyxlc 03-23-2005 02:46 PM

You should be able to and if I have any energy today, I'll try with an Acura. That type of connection is the hands free/headset profile and the bb does have that.

mrogers 03-23-2005 03:00 PM

Yes, the cars (like the Acura TL and RL, Lexus ES, GS, LS, Audi A6, BMW 3/5/6/7, etc) all support the "handsfree" profile like any bluetooth headset. Where you may have a problem with the BlackBerry, though I don't have any personal experience to back this up, is getting the caller ID on the car's screen. Because no address book data from a BlackBerry can be sent via bluetooth for security reasons, I don't think you'll get the address book info (and hence, caller ID) on the car's dashboard. But the handsfree part should work fine.

emrys01 03-23-2005 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrogers
Yes, the cars (like the Acura TL and RL, Lexus ES, GS, LS, Audi A6, BMW 3/5/6/7, etc) all support the "handsfree" profile like any bluetooth headset. Where you may have a problem with the BlackBerry, though I don't have any personal experience to back this up, is getting the caller ID on the car's screen. Because no address book data from a BlackBerry can be sent via bluetooth for security reasons, I don't think you'll get the address book info (and hence, caller ID) on the car's dashboard. But the handsfree part should work fine.

i have a TL. i see the phone number of incoming calls in the display area of the dash, but of course there's no name information displayed there. the TL's phonebook is not at all connected to the BB's.

harleyxlc 03-23-2005 04:07 PM

I don't think the TL's phonebook gets connected to any bt phone. Only the internal TL phonebook.

emrys01 03-23-2005 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleyxlc
I don't think the TL's phonebook gets connected to any bt phone. Only the internal TL phonebook.

that's correct.

harleyxlc 03-23-2005 05:37 PM

My roomy has the car and I remember thinking how slick it would be to just dump the phone's addressbook. Even without that feature, it works pretty well.

But I just read the op again...I wonder if we all just babbled on about the wrong subject...how do you mean "using it with a navigation system?"

mrogers 03-24-2005 12:13 AM

I think the OP just said that because on many cars (like the BMWs) you can't get the bluetooth without the Navi option. They use the Navi interface for bluetooth configuration. Other than that the bluetooth really has nothing to do with the navigation system.

bigtar 04-15-2005 02:53 PM

I can get the bluetooth to work with my SE phones, but not with my 7100t. It pairs, and connects briefly, but then drops the connection. I have read that the 2005 BMW bluetooth does not play well with BlackBerrys