BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Possible Verizon 7130e FCC Approval (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=17626)

whsbuss 10-21-2005 06:46 AM

Possible Verizon 7130e FCC Approval

I found this on the FCC website. Just posted 10/21/2005.
Listed as CDMA dual band. No pictures yet (except for testing). In step with rumors the 7130e will be released in a few weeks.

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/c...6ARAV20CWxxx39;

thechief16 10-21-2005 08:19 AM

Great find. I'm getting giddy!

btw, there is a grainy picture in the "SAR test report"

whsbuss 10-21-2005 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechief16
Great find. I'm getting giddy!

btw, there is a grainy picture in the "SAR test report"

Me too! I did see that picture but it was hard to see it.

SalvatoreLucian0 10-21-2005 10:42 AM

getting giddy myself!!!

That is going to be sweet!!!...

Can the link be reposted from the FCC find? I was having trouble with it...

subklue 10-21-2005 10:56 AM

I'm holding the phone in my hands now. It should be out early november. It's got a nice look to it, tho i think the Verizon theme is crap. I dunno how you guys use these things. The smarttype is retarded, t9 seems to work better in my opinion. But on this phone it's much quiker to just type stuff out. Anywho, I have a few pictures, but noowhere to post, oh well. Cheers,

SalvatoreLucian0 10-21-2005 11:01 AM

anyway you could e-mail me some pics?!?!?

SalvatoreLucian0 10-21-2005 11:02 AM

that would rock! it would totally be appreciated!

whsbuss 10-21-2005 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subklue
I'm holding the phone in my hands now. It should be out early november. It's got a nice look to it, tho i think the Verizon theme is crap. I dunno how you guys use these things. The smarttype is retarded, t9 seems to work better in my opinion. But on this phone it's much quiker to just type stuff out. Anywho, I have a few pictures, but noowhere to post, oh well. Cheers,

PM me and I will post any pictures you have. BTW, there is mention in one of the filings about Nov.4 - maybe a possible release date.

whsbuss 10-21-2005 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalvatoreLucian0
getting giddy myself!!!

That is going to be sweet!!!...

Can the link be reposted from the FCC find? I was having trouble with it...

Link fixed in original post..... thanks.

SalvatoreLucian0 10-21-2005 12:52 PM

once I click on that link what am I supposed to be looking for? sorry, I am not familiar with this site...

subklue 10-21-2005 01:12 PM

erm, actually... verizon wouldnt be to happy with me and my company if i released any of these images. once i figure out a release date, i'll be happy to sneak one in when i wouldnt get into trouble. sorry dudes, i'll see if i cant get permission. cheers

whsbuss 10-21-2005 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalvatoreLucian0
once I click on that link what am I supposed to be looking for? sorry, I am not familiar with this site...

Click the Details link. That will take you to the PDF documents submitted by RIM.

ILoveAlliO 10-21-2005 05:27 PM

I just spoke to a rep two minutes ago... and he said that this wasnt going to happen mainly because of the lawsuit that blackberry has right now... (i dont know which one this is...)

This also involves not bringing the 7250 into the evdo network.

whsbuss 10-21-2005 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveAlliO
I just spoke to a rep two minutes ago... and he said that this wasnt going to happen mainly because of the lawsuit that blackberry has right now... (i dont know which one this is...)

This also involves not bringing the 7250 into the evdo network.

That's always a possibility. But then Cingular's proposed release of the 8700c on 11/1 would also be in jeopardy. The NTP lawsuit will probably not impact a shut down of the BB network. That would affect too many users, including the news media, government, etc.

Will wait and see (there is a note in the FCC filings mentioning a 11/4 delayed release of the full docs).

ILoveAlliO 10-21-2005 11:38 PM

Yeah... i thought about that and actually brought that up with the verizon wireless rep. He told me something that didnt make much sense. Blackberry was going to stop making devices... however, they are selling the OS to Palm for example... so that Palm will make devices with the BB os. Does this make any sense?

whsbuss 10-22-2005 07:12 AM

I think everyone is getting to lathered-up about the issue. RIM and NTP have much to lose if the BB network is shut down. As far as the VZW reps, sometimes they don't really know all the details. Its speculation for now.

jnyost 10-22-2005 11:09 AM

I can't wait!!!!! What's this lawsuit??

jnyost 10-22-2005 11:21 AM

Nevermind.... Just read the lawsuit info. Seriously doubt the company will fold. It's just all about money.

T-Roy 10-22-2005 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveAlliO
Yeah... i thought about that and actually brought that up with the verizon wireless rep. He told me something that didnt make much sense. Blackberry was going to stop making devices... however, they are selling the OS to Palm for example... so that Palm will make devices with the BB os. Does this make any sense?

Rep was an idiot lol.

Nokia, Palm, Motorola, HTC have agreed to license BlackBerry software and use it in their own devices. It has been going on for a few years and has been available in other parts of the world. Soon a few devices will be available in the United States.

The Palm Treo 650 will have BlackBerry e-mail built into its existing VeraMail client... Palm is not buying the BlackBerry OS, they are just licensing a portion of the Software and incorporating it into their existing OS.

Siemens with the SK-65 released a phone that had licensed the BlackBerry Built-in solution. This provided a complete BlackBerry Operating System ( v3.8 ) on a Siemens Phone.

BadBoyBill 11-10-2005 12:32 AM

It is true verizon will be releasing the 7130. No expected date though. They have sent all of the employess from our reigon to a data class about three weeks ago to introduce us to it.