BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Any stores in Northern, NJ have an 8100 yet? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=45349)

nickbee 08-30-2006 04:58 PM

Any stores in Northern, NJ have an 8100 yet?

Or am I stuck with the Sept 12th release?

kasperapd 08-30-2006 11:20 PM

I'm just as excited about the Pearl, but be patient, the 12th is not that far away.

Boy Genius 08-31-2006 01:28 AM

All T-Mobile stores should have stock by the end of this week, and they are not getting the usual 5 blackberries, each store is getting around 75 units each. Don't count on getting one before the launch date tho, I have never seen a product launch so tightly kept in terms of the memos sent to the stores, people would lose their job by selling one early. Unless it's to BG :)

nickbee 08-31-2006 09:24 AM

Ok ok ok,, what about ordering from TMobile directly? I guess I would have to order on the 12th then wait the few days to get to me?

machiavell1 08-31-2006 09:51 AM

What about us in the UK? :sad:

I was hoping to get an unlocked one to use on O2's BB service in the UK. I am hoping that Tmobile sell unlocked or that they can be unlocked easily enough; Or that BG wants to sell his to me.... :smile:

Boy Genius 08-31-2006 10:33 AM

T-Mobile should follow regular unlocking policy and aslong as you buy it full price they should offer unlock code after device is launched

jungleland 08-31-2006 10:41 AM

Who the fu$K would want to have TMOBILE? It's the worst cellular service I have ever seen, worldwide...Virtually unusable..

canesfins 08-31-2006 10:55 AM

I disagree, after being on Cingular for a year I long for the days with T Mobile and will be going back to them with the 8100

nickbee 08-31-2006 11:05 AM

I have no problems with T Mobile in Northern, NJ (except for a dead spot on rt80 in Denville)…

mobilecontrol 08-31-2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland
Who the fu$K would want to have TMOBILE? It's the worst cellular service I have ever seen, worldwide...Virtually unusable..

That's why we're the third largest cellular service worldwide and have won the J.D. Powers and Associates award for best overall customer service 4 years in a row...(y)

Obviously, you had a few bad experiences and based the entire company off of that.

rambo47 08-31-2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickbee
I have no problems with T Mobile in Northern, NJ (except for a dead spot on rt80 in Denville)xxx8230;

I hear ya! I live in Denville and there are one or two dead spots, but on the whole T-Mobile service is excellent for me. My wife has Verizon and I'd rate my coverage about 85% of hers, but it's not significant in terms of dropped calls or no signal. It comes into play in buildings where she'll get a better signal then me, but that's about it. And if you want to compare Verizon's customer service with T-Mobile's, then TMO wins big-time.

nickbee 09-06-2006 10:12 AM

So I think I called every store in northern, NJ to see if they had demo units. If they have them they are not admitting to it. WTF!

rambo47 09-06-2006 03:44 PM

The one or two places I checked were staffed by very nice but completely clueless reps. In one store, when I mentioned the upcoming Pearl, one rep looked over at his cohort and with a far away look in his eyes, said "Yeah, I think I heard something about that...." and then went back to comparing one rapper to another with his girlfriend on the phone. Obviously not real concerned with his career at T-Mobile.

drgoodtymes 09-06-2006 03:54 PM

I live in Southern California and have had No ISSUES here or anywhere I have traveled with TMO

BES admin 09-06-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobilecontrol
That's why we're the third largest cellular service worldwide and have won the J.D. Powers and Associates award for best overall customer service 4 years in a row...(y)

Obviously, you had a few bad experiences and based the entire company off of that.

I think T-Mobile has to be the world's worst, but I'll settle for agreeing that it's 3rd. That just means there are two providers who have better service. Which means there are only two choices.

Who ranked 1st and 2nd?

dc/dc 09-07-2006 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BES admin
I think T-Mobile has to be the world's worst, but I'll settle for agreeing that it's 3rd. That just means there are two providers who have better service. Which means there are only two choices.

Who ranked 1st and 2nd?

I would put Vodafone at the top for sure, and maybe Orange next?

nickbee 09-07-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47
The one or two places I checked were staffed by very nice but completely clueless reps. In one store, when I mentioned the upcoming Pearl, one rep looked over at his cohort and with a far away look in his eyes, said "Yeah, I think I heard something about that...." and then went back to comparing one rapper to another with his girlfriend on the phone. Obviously not real concerned with his career at T-Mobile.

What store did you go to? The one in Rockaway was staffed by a grupy 20 something girl,,,, When I asked how she was doing she said "ehhh"...

mobilecontrol 09-07-2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BES admin

Who ranked 1st and 2nd?

Orange is up top with one other that I forgot already.

brianlamar 09-07-2006 10:31 AM

i called tmobile here in chicago, they have them in stock but are not allowed to sell them until the drop date (sept 12)

mpallo 09-07-2006 02:39 PM

So do the stores still have to keep quiet about this even though the press releases are out????

I called my store again today and the guy was like.."I am sorry I do not know anything about that product" I said come on...even though RIM and TMO released a joint press release about it today? He said "I am sorry I do not know anything about that product"

Too bad my favorite rep over the past 5 years switched stores to another part of the city. Looks like I may have to make the drive for a sneak.