BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Text While Driving (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=204897)

charles.mike 09-21-2009 05:45 PM

Text While Driving

I came across this new website which talkes about texting while driving. Its a black berry application, which can read the messeges and email to you while you are driving. which in turn will be much more safer to drive.

hxxp://www. drivesafe.ly/]Free Mobile App Stops Texting While Driving - DriveSafe.ly

I am gonna try it on my BB. Post your comments. What do you think. ??

---------
Mike

NJBlackBerry 09-21-2009 05:46 PM

Are you associated with this web site or application in any way?

texasPI 09-21-2009 06:29 PM

I guess the software wasn't able to read your reply back to him....lol8-)

NJBlackBerry 09-21-2009 06:47 PM

Why did I think there wouldn't be an answer...

akosnitzky 09-21-2009 08:40 PM

Wirelessly posted (Lets Go Canes!)

I posted info on the app and myself along with others found it non-functional at the time.

litt 09-21-2009 08:57 PM

While driving you should be focusing on DRIVING, nothing else.

kellyjdrummer 09-21-2009 09:51 PM

Be prepared to spend 25 years wondering why this seemed like a good idea.

deanf2 09-21-2009 09:59 PM

Wirelessly posted

Texting while driving is cool. More dangerous tha DUI, but you don't get in nearly as much trouble if caught.

daphne 09-21-2009 10:00 PM

I think this app was posted, err..., spammed here previously.

woodyuk 09-22-2009 02:22 AM

I find the biggest problem with texting while driving is trying not to spill my coffee onto my laptop.

kellyjdrummer 09-22-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanf2 (Post 1475494)
Wirelessly posted

Texting while driving is cool. More dangerous tha DUI, but you don't get in nearly as much trouble if caught.

That's rapidly changing here in the states. My biggest problem is forcing the people texting in their cars off the road. Some of them just won't crash. 'Really ticks me off.

kurichan 09-22-2009 09:56 AM

Saw a woman holding a cig (rare to see in Cali) in one hand and her cell in the other doing 70. Have no idea how she was steering the car. Just hope she doesn't take anyone else out when she crashes and burns.

daphne 09-22-2009 07:56 PM

I have reason to believe now that the OP is not a spammer. Unlocking thread so he can reply.

kellyjdrummer 09-22-2009 08:06 PM

Wirelessly posted

Wow, I put two drivers who were texting in the ditch today. Awesome!

mgerbasio 09-23-2009 07:00 AM

Looking at national accident statistics cell phone use was something like 4 or five on the list of causes. As I recall, "reaching for something", "eating/drinking while driving", "changing radio/cd" were all much higher.

I don't think cell phone use covered texting as last time I looked was more than a year ago. But I don't see people calling for laws against these other causes either. How about just getting back to careless driving rather than trying to write laws for everything.

For me, texting in NYC traffic isn't a big deal or what I would call dangerous. At 65 miles down the NJTP, yep, but so it fiddling with the GPS - do we need a GPS law? You wouldn't believe the number of people I see heading into the Lincoln Tunnel with the paper on their steering wheel. When it takes 45 minutes to drive three miles, a distraction keeps road rage down.

charles.mike 09-24-2009 11:02 AM

You are absolutely right. .. i am a student in NJIT, NJ. There recently been couple of accidents when students were texting while driving. And it has been showing up as a big problem

--------------
Mike

kathrynhr 09-24-2009 11:21 AM

I agree also. Hang up and drive, people! :-)

jsconyers 09-24-2009 11:25 AM

I tried this application. Not driving but sitting at home and I had it enabled. My friend texted me and it did as it says and read the SMS message and who it was from. But then my friend said she got a text from me about the Drivesafe application. There was nothing in my sent folder. I haven't found anything stating that it replies to the person that texts you about this app. I have since disabled the application.

Meyefull 09-24-2009 03:13 PM

Hey jsconyers what do you think about Philly with Vick? I think its too much controversy in the locker room. Like they're(Mcnabb and Vick) constantly going to want to be #1. Trade vick and Mcnabb and put Kevin Kolb in LOL!

jsconyers 09-24-2009 03:21 PM

Haha not to threadcrap but I think it's a good move. Vick will fit well into their west coast offense and having McNabb, Westbrook and Vick all in the back field would cause a lot of concern for defenses. Especially in the wildcat. You have Vick line up in the wild cat and he is someone that poses a threat as a runner and a passer which would keep the defenses on their toes. There are a lot of possibilities offensively.

I think Vick knows his place on the team being that he hasn't played a game in over 2 years. He knows he is the #3 QB or possibly the #4 behind Jeff Garcia. Vick stated himself he isn't ready (doesn't know the system) yet. I foresee him only in Wildcat formations and you will only see him active maybe 12 - 15 offensive plays a game. This all depends on how successful those plays are when he is in the game.

As far as Kolb is concerned, I liked his play this past weekend. He has some good young receivers around him to help him out. When Westbrook is healthy (likely never) it should take some pressure off of him as well. I don't think he is ready to lead the team just yet, but he does have a lot of upside and looks promising.

***These 2 posts should be moved to the OTL.***