BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BoxTone VS MobileAnalyzer/MobileMonitor Agent (Conceivium) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=116370)

SoUnCool 02-06-2008 10:06 AM

BoxTone VS MobileAnalyzer/MobileMonitor Agent (Conceivium)

Hello
We are looking into these two products, and would appreciate some feed back from Admins who are actually using the products.
one thing that stand out is that Boxtone licensing is per user, Conceivium licensing is per server. we are 700 user base so licensing alone can drive us to Conceivium, but I am more interested in application performance, updates, eas of use, reliability, etc etc

We didnt contact them because we dont want to waste time in sales pitches

jsplit 02-06-2008 03:59 PM

We actually don't do sales pitches - we just show you our product, what it can do and that tends to speak for itself...

But I'll go ahead and let some others chime in to answer your question as a few prominent posters on here use our product.

Also feel free to contact me directly if you'd like.

Thanks

Jon

jibi 02-06-2008 04:21 PM

Well, our first target to tackle with the implementation of BoxTone was the number of tickets sent from our help desk to our deskside support groups. In just the first few months of BoxTone being deployed to our help desk, BlackBerry tickets sent on to deskside staff have decreased by just below mid-double-digit figures. From an administrative standpoint, I will say that being able to diagnose a hung thread and which users it's actually impacting is more than a blessing. It lets me know that only a sub-set of the agent-controlled users are actually impacted, typically on a few BES servers that are known to be troublesome (new environment going up soon).

Updates are easily done. In fact, I'm assisting with the update process between BoxTone 3.0 to 3.1 now. Even in beta, it's as simple as clicking a few buttons and voila.

Licensing was an initial cause for concern for us, as well. In fact, we completely ruled out BoxTone for that sole fact. Honestly, the entire process seemed very similar to college football recruiting. They would check in on me, see how I was doing, etc. They told me to test out the other products, get the presentations, and then make a decision. They displayed no pressure or sense of sales urgency, unlike other companies. When we looked at the other products, disappointed was not the word for how we felt. They were just a big let-down. Needless to say, we went for the best product not the cheapest (in fact, licensing tends to be the same for the two heavyweights in this field). I would say that we're very happy with the purchase.

...on another note, Conceivium was a great product when it was first released and the other products were it and NeedText and various monitoring systems plug-ins and management packs. Very little has changed in the last few years, to my knowledge.

longbyte 02-18-2008 02:23 PM

Are there any way to customize format of BoxTone's reports and notifications?
According to their documentation, the customization available primarily through report's criteria, custom groups, thresholds etc. This all look pretty flexible, but I'm unable to find anything related to actual format (i.e. include company logo & Helpdesk contact info or exclude certain fields). Any report manager or scripting capabilities?