BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Access to Mailcruiser email? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=195859)

meburdick 07-03-2009 08:54 PM

Access to Mailcruiser email?

My daughter has my old BB Curve on VZW. She'd like to be able to access her mailcruiser.com email account that she has for school, but the account setup on the BIS page didn't work.

Are the special settings that she could enter? Non-standard ports for IMAP or POP access?

I know they have a MobileCruiser application, but that's not the route to go in this case.

Dubdub 07-04-2009 10:06 AM

What error message did you get?

Does she have it set up in Outlook or some other PC email client on a PC or Mac? If so, you can use the same settings on the BB.

To set up in BIS, you will need the user name, password and incoming server ans if it is a POP or IMAP account. Sometime you will also need the proper ports as well. You should be able to get that from the school IT department.

I really doubt that anyone here would know that unless they used the same setup.

Berry One 07-05-2009 06:54 AM

Simple test: if she can get emails from mailcruiser.com email account to Outlook or Outlook Express on home computer it will be possible to configure blackberry to access mailcruiser.com email account, too.

On the other hand, if administrators of mailcruiser.com only allow Web access to their mail server, through Web browser, most likely than not blackberry won't be able to get these emails.

Dubdub 07-05-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berry One (Post 1421285)
Simple test: if she can get emails from mailcruiser.com email account to Outlook or Outlook Express on home computer it will be possible to configure blackberry to access mailcruiser.com email account, too.

On the other hand, if administrators of mailcruiser.com only allow Web access to their mail server, through Web browser, most likely than not blackberry won't be able to get these emails.

That pretty much says it all.

meburdick 07-05-2009 11:18 AM

While I appreciate the comments, please re-read the original post.

I'm specifically asking if there are non-standard ports or other information that would be required to set up the account. I'm quite comfortable with the BIS end of things; I'm looking for insight into the MailCruiser end.

VIOLATOR 07-05-2009 12:04 PM

That is what they are saying - if that information is not provided to you by MailCruiser you will probably need to get that information from the IT department at the school.

Additionally - as BERRYONE Stated - if you can not get it set up via BIS or BIS Work Account...chances are it can not be set up.

No one seems to be very familiar with and/or have the specific information you are requesting.

I will do some searching to see what I can come up with simply because I have never heard of this program and would like to know more.

David